cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Terriers V Canaries*

1 minute ago, robertociNCFC said:

Matt Jarvis in with a shout too surely?

Yeh both Jarvis and Thompson i feel bad for, its like they had the skill of course but their bodies are just not made to be pro athletes. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Huddersfield have decided they no longer need to tackle.

It is quite odd having seen us lose on Sunday with the opposition manager talking very openly about how vulnerable we are to being pressed that they've opted to basically give our defenders and midfield all the time in the world.

Be really disappointed if we don't win this by 3 or 4, Huddersfield are one of the worst sides I can remember at this level.

Well, we're a goal up and two of our bigger scapegoats have gone off injured.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh both Jarvis and Thompson i feel bad for, its like they had the skill of course but their bodies are just not made to be pro athletes. 

If you want to go futher back, Alex Notman.

Poor lad could never get fit. Then he finally broke his leg charging down a freekick (I think vs Ipswich?) and got booked while being stretchered off, only to never play again.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Got to be Louis Thompson. Didn’t he come off the bench after injury, make a block within  30 seconds, and was out for the next 9 months?! 

Yeh I remember it, he went down holding his shoulder / arm. I believe if memory serves he broke his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder  - 9 months out. 
As you say he had just been on the pitch a minute and took a really innocuous bump.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Got to be Louis Thompson. Didn’t he come off the bench after injury, make a block within  30 seconds, and was out for the next 9 months?! 

I'll see your Louis Thompson and raise you a Matthew Rush

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Honourable mention for Luke Chadwick 

Shame Idah and Gibson have gone off injured.

Sargent has been pretty poor so far. Good running but a diabolical first touch.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It is quite odd having seen us lose on Sunday with the opposition manager talking very openly about how vulnerable we are to being pressed that they've opted to basically give our defenders and midfield all the time in the world.

Absolutely bizarre. Surely they can't be that bad in the 2nd half? 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Honourable mention for Luke Chadwick 

James Vaughan had a pretty awful time with us too didn't he?

I've been trying to work out if I missed a red card. Huddersfield must be down to 10. It looks like we have an extra player and they are trying to keep the score down. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Be really disappointed if we don't win this by 3 or 4, Huddersfield are one of the worst sides I can remember at this level.

I'd take 2-0 and no further injuries.

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

If you want to go futher back, Alex Notman.

Poor lad could never get fit. Then he finally broke his leg charging down a freekick (I think vs Ipswich?) and got booked while being stretchered off, only to never play again.

ex Man Utd i believe as well. Imagine yellow carded after breaking your leg. 😞

Not ours but i still remember Gazza performing a horror tackle and breaking his own leg and while im at it any one remember the snap that was Phenom Ronsaldo's knee. One of my mates was an Inter fan and actually at the game, reckoned you could hear the poor bloke scream. 

Don't see much difference between our performance tonight and on Sunday it's just that Huddersfield are diabolical and aren't even trying to play. We can just knock the ball about with ease, wait for a mistake and pick them off, it's fine on a night like tonight, but I want to see a return to the intensity we saw in Wagners first two games going forward and I still don't see a coherent plan for how to create chances for our forwards. 

Think we'll stroll to an easy 3-0 win tonight but we've got to up our game v Stoke at the weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

See that and raise you a Louis Thompson all in

See your Hayden at the flop, raise a Normann on the turn and AJ Ramsey on the river...

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, we're a goal up and two of our bigger scapegoats have gone off injured.

You’d have thought people would be pretty happy on both counts.  Both looked fairly ‘nothing’ injuries, but you never know these days.