Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNut

Todays performance

Shackell (what about that crucial tackle/interception late in the game to deny Akinbyi?) and Leon took the Man Of The Match honours today in my opinion, but a special word for Andy Hughes. I thought he was everywhere - getting in tackles, putting himself about, and ready to slot in somewhere else when Safri came on. He has been the subject of remarks to date but his recent form has been good. We need a guy like him on the pitch and in the dressing room, inspiring others.

As a KTF Norwich fan I would like to say well done to the players and the 2 1 win today. There were many aspects of their play that was not of a high standard, but I noticed that when they played the ball on the ground as we all know they can, they looked quite impressive. The two goals were well taken but were not the result of short swift passing movements, they were however opportunist goals taken by players in the right place at the right time. I counted twenty minutes in the game where we got some good moves going, and it was heartening to see that there was a will up front to defend from the front line back. There was too much bluster and lack of time on the ball for both sides for good football. The teams were hell bent on keeping one another under as much pressure as possible, therefore skill suffered and it was difficult to get a rhythm into the play. Leon was magnificent in his energy and application, MOT Match for me, Earnshaws’ goal was well taken, Shackell was also magnificent and his timing for one crucial tackle reminded me of Bobby Moore at his best. It seemed to me that the players all turned up today to make a game of it collectively and for a change the shape was better. It seemed that our mid-field players were omitted from the game by the long ball again, even though I noticed some nice midfield movement and players made themselves available but were not used to best advantage. Posters will notice that I do not mention Nigel Worthington. In my assessment for I am sure he has done his job off the field prior to the match. On the field of play the players have motivated themselves as they always should do in my estimation. They deserve our praise for their efforts on our behalf and made the game as a spectacle worth the attendance. The service to our short forwards needs more work/confidence and 60% must be on the ground to get the best from Earnshaw and Co.  As I see it,   Worthy or whoever is or will be our manager next season, with one more attacking mid fielder, and one quality right sided wide man up front to give us a bit more balance Norwich City will be a force to be reckoned with next season. OTBC!!!! 

[quote user="CanaryNut"]

Shackell (what about that crucial tackle/interception late in the game to deny Akinbyi?) and Leon took the Man Of The Match honours today in my opinion, but a special word for Andy Hughes. I thought he was everywhere - getting in tackles, putting himself about, and ready to slot in somewhere else when Safri came on. He has been the subject of remarks to date but his recent form has been good. We need a guy like him on the pitch and in the dressing room, inspiring others.

[/quote]

I agree with your comments about Shackell and Mckenzie. However, once again I thought that central midfield was our weakest area. Hughes simply isn''t a good footballer. If he plays regularly next season then I strongly doubt that we will be promoted.

dont look for too much support on this site,its far "cooler" to slate players than support them, one bad game and he will be the subject of many posts saying what a waste of money he has been,that is three games on the bounce that he has been influencial and hard working,great to see him shut up all his detractors,when ever he has played he has given nothing other than 100 percent,you want to see players like that do well 

Absolutely Canary Nut.  He played a blinder, inspiring everybody, as did Leon. 

[quote user="chipster"]

dont look for too much support on this site,its far "cooler" to slate players than support them, one bad game and he will be the subject of many posts saying what a waste of money he has been,that is three games on the bounce that he has been influencial and hard working,great to see him shut up all his detractors,when ever he has played he has given nothing other than 100 percent,you want to see players like that do well 

[/quote]

Sadly you are right.