Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Burnley placed on transfer embargo?

They are claiming it's because they are late submitting their accounts. By the looks of it they still haven't. I wonder what the punishment is for late account's.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like half the clubs in the Championship are in some kind of trouble with their fiancies

Always trouble if you let a gal down.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Canaries north said:

They are claiming it's because they are late submitting their accounts. By the looks of it they still haven't. I wonder what the punishment is for late account's.

Probably a transfer embargo.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Will this apply if they go up? Or do the PL and EFL have separate rules?

I'm pretty sure the Premier League have different rules for different clubs

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

I'm pretty sure the Premier League have different rules for different clubs

Late submission of accounts SHOULD ring alarm bells irrespective of which jurisdiction this falls under. But , we will see. It could be a clever move by Burnley , knowing that their accounts wouldn’t stand much scrutiny in terms of losses etc ( which is entirely speculation on my part and it may be as simple as a change of financial year end ) 

Huddersfield as well now - for the same reason, late submission of accounts. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64944601#:~:text=Huddersfield Town have become the,the same penalty on Sunday.

The punishments rare come in time. At the moment all it means is they can't sign players without clubs, being that we are not in a transfer window. They go up and I doubt it'll apply to the prem.

Should just be immediate repercussions, docked points.

Edited by chicken

18 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Late submission of accounts SHOULD ring alarm bells irrespective of which jurisdiction this falls under. But , we will see. It could be a clever move by Burnley , knowing that their accounts wouldn’t stand much scrutiny in terms of losses etc ( which is entirely speculation on my part and it may be as simple as a change of financial year end ) 

They're claiming it's due to a change of ownership. Hmmmm..... 

On 12/03/2023 at 19:02, cambridgeshire canary said:

Feels like half the clubs in the Championship are in some kind of trouble with their fiancies

I can remember two occasions when I was a boy and someone referred to their "Fancy". It was a long time before I realised what word they were trying to say. I thought that having a "Fancy" was a bit racy, especially for the people concerned.

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2023 at 19:04, Canaries north said:

My wife regularly used to get fines for not submitting her accounts to HMRC on time. £100 fine.

Transfer embargo for Norwich means Webber. unable to waste any money.  But will stuff Burnley plenty on loan.  Why cannot City find decent players on loan.

Burnley's transfer embargo is just because they were late submitting their accounts. Also, the transfer embargo is an EFL rule, and the accounts will surely be filed by the time the transfer window opens and Burnley are a Premier League club. 

This is really a total non-story, unless the reason for the late submission is something more than just simply a change of auditors as Burnley claim. 

On 12/03/2023 at 18:17, Capt. Pants said:

That's one relegation place sorted for next season already  then.

Nope, EFL can't sanction any points deduction for Premier League.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out if they are indeed nearly broke and will be essentially saved by promotion then I guess they have taken massive gambles which have paid off.