Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

PRESTON NE LOSING.....NOW'S OUR CHANCE!!!

[quote user="canary to the core"]

play offs!!!!

dream on!!

[/quote]

Alright mate - let us dream. It''s still unlikely that we could make the playoffs, but frankly I''m just chuffed that we''re back to winning ways.

Hi all I have not posted on here for some time now. But i have been

reading the rubbish that has been put on here. If you take a look at

the run in to the end of the season I believe we have a good chance. We

have Preston Cardiff and Wolves to play and we will win every game til

the end of the season that gives us 74 points. Oh and i also believe

Worthy is the man to take us back to the Premiership so can we all stop

being like West Ham cos they stink and there fans are rubbish.

pompy yellow and green... u have NEVER posted on here before... u seriously think we will win 7 out of 7... ur not Worthington are u?

jas :)

[quote user="pompeyyellowandgreen"]Hi all I have not posted on here for some time now. But i have been reading the rubbish that has been put on here. If you take a look at the run in to the end of the season I believe we have a good chance. We have Preston Cardiff and Wolves to play and we will win every game til the end of the season that gives us 74 points. Oh and i also believe Worthy is the man to take us back to the Premiership so can we all stop being like West Ham cos they stink and there fans are rubbish.

[/quote]

I wouldnt mind being like west ham - talented manager, good squad of hungry talented young players, ambitious board....

Roll on the 7 wins!!!!  If only we could have played even ok this season we would be in the play-offs now....  even today we hoofed it needdlessly for 35 minutes, when we finally started to play the ball on the deck we looked good....

How crap were Sheffield United!!  And they are 2nd!!!

Sorry my name has slightly changed as i have new email ad, couldnt use old name which was pompeyyellowandgreen.

Well I wouldnt want to be Worthy if i had to put up with all the

outers. If we dont go up this season we will next year under Worthy and

im gonna bet my house on it. Give the guy a chance alot has happened

since 2 seasons ago. Oh and those hammer fans cained Pardue last season

but now they love him. I thought NCFC had better supporters then them.

Back the team back the manager and watch us go up.

pompeyyellowandgreen

Nothing wrong with a positive attitude we could all learn from you instead of moaning and groaning

There is a slightly small outside chance that we could get in the play offs. Personally, i think its a step too far but i''am positive about a top 10 finish. You never know, we have got too go to preston and if jarret plays we should boss the midfield! we need 18 points from 7 games in my opinion, unfortunately cant see it happening but it wouldnt it be great come the Wolves game if a win would move us above them.

Sorry to fuel the somewhat ridiculous fire, but...We play all the teams between us and the playoffs.wolves play preston.Preston - plymouth (a),Crewe(h),coventry(a),Norwich(h),leicester(a),wolves(h),hull(a),leeds(h)Wolves - sheff wed(a),plymouth(h),coventry(a)watford(h)preston(a)brighton(h)norwich(a)Cardiff - qpr(h)soton(a)reading(h)sheff utd(h)crewe(a)norwich(a)coventry(h)Cardiff have a hard old run, teams with something to play for, Wolves somwhat the same and preston play a few good teams too. Were the team in form, as weird as that sounds. Results against the teams challenging would put us in a great position. Two games could change it all. Although Preston do have a game in hand. I''m not saying we can do it, but it''s possible...Nice to dream Isn''t it.

I was chuffed with the win today, but I think we should be realistic about the play-offs. I really can''t see us getting there. Leeds or Sheff Utd are dead-certs to be there, I can''t see Watford dropping out and both Palace and, until today, Preston are in good form. Plus all four teams currently in the play-off places have a game in hand on us. Wolves have also picked up points in recent weeks. And four of our last seven games are away from home and I wouldn''t be certain of getting points from any of them. I don''t want to pee on anyone''s chips here, but I think we may be setting ourselves up for disappointment by thinking of the play-offs. Hopefully this form can be kept up, finish the season on a high and take it on into next season. After all, we just missed out on the play-offs the season before winning the league.

[quote user="Tadley Yellow"]

pompeyyellowandgreen

Nothing wrong with a positive attitude we could all learn from you instead of moaning and groaning

[/quote]

but for some people, moaning at Norwich it the highlight of their saturday afternoon!

it will take 7 wins and a bit of luck.

yes, very unlikely, but why not go for those 7 wins at least. give it all we''ve got.

We have still lost more than we have won and have a negative goal difference, however, wins are vital in this league whereas draws are more permissible in hoping to survive the Premier.

In this respect we have had few draws and a number of wins comparible with a number of teams above us. The only reason on paper we are behind them is that we lost some we could have drawn.

What this tells me is just how inconsistent and mediocre this league is and that creates a situation where 7 wins might just be enough. The crucial element here is that we need those wins against teams above us so while every game is vital the head to heads are like cup finals.

Of course, one game at a time is the only way to look at it and while City are one of the few teams in the top half with any sort of form it is such a tall order I will only look at it one game at a time and enjoy the fact I still have some interest in a season I thought was dead. Perhaps I am deluding myself but it is also more enjoyable than wringing my hands and saying how terrible my football life is.