Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Pre-Match Routine(Home and Away)

Before kick off what do we all get up to and like to do before a game

My home games are limited, but for away games I like to take a wander around the town where the game is before allowing enough time to have a few drinks in a nearby pub. Chat to some fans then after straight home on the train. I tend to have to watch my timing so I get enough time in the pub.

Don't get to many matches, but when I do, I like to get there early. Never had the urge to drink before a match, so walk to the ground, get there about an hour before kick off, get something to eat and a hot drink, take my seat and watch the pre-match warm ups, chat to anyone nearby, soak up the atmosphere......not much atmosphere before matches these days of course....harks back to when there was a pre-match atmosphere in the stadiums when you used to see the ground fill up half an hour beforehand, singing on the terraces and a gradual rise in noise in the lead up to the match. 

The emptiness of a stadium does have a draw though, like an empty theatre before a show - there is an element of anticipation as to what it will be like in half an hour or so.....but I don't think I'm just being nostalgic when I say it used to be so much better.

• Like 1

Home games I spend time with friends in the pub and get to the ground as near to kick-off as possible.

That's the way I like it, like it.

• Like 1

Pie, chips, chat into ground watch warm up comment that I have never heard of any of the away players shouting "who" when they are announced. Wait for kick off say to the bloke next to me " thank f**k that stupid drummer is not here" or " I see that moronic tub thumper and his idiot mates are here" then unflask the Bovril and try to get 45 mins sleep before the big zorb action leading into the second half, where I will yell at Kenny for waving and moan about anything that doesn't travel at least 10 yards forwards. Get back on the bus under my blanket and enjoy the ride back to Gorleson bor.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Home games I spend time with friends in the pub and get to the ground as near to kick-off as possible.

That's the way I like it, like it.

The Chad way of doing football. Tried and tested.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Pie, chips, chat into ground watch warm up comment that I have never heard of any of the away players shouting "who" when they are announced. Wait for kick off say to the bloke next to me " thank f**k that stupid drummer is not here" or " I see that moronic tub thumper and his idiot mates are here" then unflask the Bovril and try to get 45 mins sleep before the big zorb action leading into the second half, where I will yell at Kenny for waving and moan about anything that doesn't travel at least 10 yards forwards. Get back on the bus under my blanket and enjoy the ride back to Gorleson bor.

No idea I sat next to you

• Haha 2