So all of those with their petticoats in a bunch about Lineker's awful, awfully impartial tweet how do you feel about this? Legit and above board or bent as a nine bob note? (Yes, we can all indulge in a bit of whataboutery and distraction.)

Just now, Herman said:

So all of those with their petticoats in a bunch about Lineker's awful, awfully impartial tweet how do you feel about this? Legit and above board or bent as a nine bob note? (Yes, we can all indulge in a bit of whataboutery and distraction.)

You don’t seem to understand there’s a third party at play here.

it’s not about politics, it’s not about freedom of speech 

It’s about Gary Linekar being a c@£t, and him and hopefully his comrades losing their jobs.

it’s funny.

The way they’ve talked down to Norwich City when we’ve been in the premier league, I hope they all lose their jobs. The editors, the cameramen, the guy that writes the autocue Gary reads for a living. I hope they all lose their jobs.

Right wing, left wing. Who cares. I’m here to see Gary get the sack. Maybe he’ll trade his missus in for a younger model again? Maybe he’ll go and shack up with his creepy brother for a bit? Maybe he’ll bravely take the Bein sports contract that’s so obviously in his future.

You see, defending millionaires on the internet, be they right or left wing, isn’t necessarily what makes you a mug. What makes you a mug is that you do it for free.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Herman said:

That's a poor piece of whataboutism; GB News is not comparable, both because it's not a public body and also because it wears on its sleeve that it's pushing a right-wing agenda.

It strikes me as utterly farcical that the future of BBC sport is probably in jeopardy as a result of a sports presenter deciding to dabble in politics on Twitter.

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Eh? What are you on about.

Politician appears on TV show. 

What am I missing?

The Real Buh talking like he knows something about anything is the most enjoyable thing about the Pinkun forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What am I missing?

The Conservative chancellor being interviewed by two Conservative MPs on a right-wing conspiracy laden TV channel.

Phew, what's that smell?

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

The Conservative chancellor being interviewed by two Conservative MPs on a right-wing conspiracy laden TV channel.

Phew, what's that smell?

It's a dire channel. Rather depressing that anyone would suggest it was a reasonable comparison to the BBC .

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Phew, what's that smell?

Hush Herman, there's nothing wrong with that. But a tweet by an ex footballer and sports presenter? A TWEET?! Come now, how isn't that an outrage?

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What am I missing?

Sports presenter tweets an opinion.

What am I missing?

Oh, I'm missing the fact that the opinion upset the most snowflakey of snowflakes.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Phew, what's that smell?

So I don't really see anything wrong about that, as everybody knows that GB News is only watched by rabid right wingers.

However the blatant advertising of GB News from the HM Treasury social media accounts, that is problematic. 

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sports presenter tweets an opinion.

What am I missing?

Oh, I'm missing the fact that the opinion upset the most snowflakey of snowflakes.

Hasn't upset me, so I don't know what you are talking about.

In fact, I'd find it quite admirable that he was prepared to fall on his sword to stand by what he believes in, martyring himself for his cause, if it weren't for the fact that his lawyers are about to argue in court that HMRC should be asking the BBC for £4.9m rather than him. 

You would have to be (you are an?) an absolute muppet to think that this is all just about a tweet. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Hush Herman, there's nothing wrong with that. But a tweet by an ex footballer and sports presenter? A TWEET?! Come now, how isn't that an outrage?

I guess I need to learn about British people's priorities.😉

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

so I don't know what you are talking about.

I suspect this is true about most people you engage with.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I suspect this is true about most people you engage with.

Love the way you flip flop on everything. Wasn't it you that was boasting about how good your cycling is for the environment, then you started arguing that free bus passes for old people are bad for the taxi and automotive industries.

Basically you are a man of zero conviction. That's just a bit sad. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Love the way you flip flop on everything. Wasn't it you that was boasting about how good your cycling is for the environment, then you started arguing that free bus passes for old people are bad for the taxi and automotive industries.

Basically you are a man of zero conviction. That's just a bit sad. 

Erm, OK? You sound a bit mental.

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So I don't really see anything wrong about that, as everybody knows that GB News is only watched by rabid right wingers.

However the blatant advertising of GB News from the HM Treasury social media accounts, that is problematic. 

Everything is for sale  , especially advertising space.  No one gives a shoite. But it is subliminal.  Adblock every cont. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

Turns out that Match of the Day needs people who aren't Tory-loving loons to be watchable. I got up to Salah's missed penalty before binning it off for Basketball. 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Erm, OK? You sound a bit mental.

Is that an attempt at a denial, or deflection?

On 16/07/2019 at 11:33, canarydan23 said:

At the end of the day, your railing against people who are choosing to either keep fit, reduce congestion (bikes take up less space than cars), benefit the environment or a bit of all three because they occasionally hold up traffic. I'm railing against a culture, perpetrated by idiots like you on message boards but that exists at all levels of government in this country, that contributes to people on bikes dying.

I love going back to this, shows what a moron you are.

On 02/02/2023 at 10:16, canarydan23 said:

Giving a free bus pass to people who can afford other means could be damaging to the taxi, automotive and car park sectors.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is that an attempt at a denial, or deflection?

I love going back to this, shows what a moron you are.

You love going back to showing people you're incredibly dense?

Cool story bro.

Mental.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
  On 02/02/2023 at 10:16, canarydan23 said:

Giving a free bus pass to people who can afford other means could be damaging to the taxi, automotive and car park sectors

Absolutely, means test every cont, itd create jobs fir anyone with an iq of over 80.

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Turns out that Match of the Day needs people who aren't Tory-loving loons to be watchable. I got up to Salah's missed penalty before binning it off for Basketball. 

There are a lot of people on this forum who support a club that had a Conservative politician as chairman between 1973-1985 and a prominent Conservative Party official as Chairman from 1985 to 1996 who are under the mistaken belief that they actually support St. Pauli or Dulwich Hamlet, is this some form of collective amnesia? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

17 pages and counting. There are a lot of excitable souls on here.

Politics aside, there is a football match tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Maybe move this topic to the non football forum area. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There are a lot of people on this forum who support a club that had a Conservative politician as chairman between 1973-1985 and a prominent Conservative Party official as Chairman from 1985 to 1996 who are under the mistaken belief that they actually support St. Pauli or Dulwich Hamlet, is this some form of collective amnesia? 

I'd tell you to put the crack pipe down, but people who frequently use the advanced search button on an Internet forum to make a weird point probably get a cold sweat at the idea of taking a drag on a doobie.

Batsh*t crazy.

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Turns out that Match of the Day needs people who aren't Tory-loving loons to be watchable. 

Like the lifelong Tory voter Alan Shearer who first came out as a Conservative in 1997 when he backed John Major? You are so thick.

9 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

17 pages and counting. There are a lot of excitable souls on here.

Politics aside, there is a football match tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Maybe move this topic to the non football forum area. 

On second thoughts, let's all share our political opinions with uncaring people on the internet.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Lol. Brilliant. That's actually hilarious.

Polling has shown that 70% of the British public see the channel crossings as a serious problem.

Meanwhile only 27% of the general public said that they intended to vote Conservative last time they were polled.

If you think that concern about illegal economic immigration and the huge numbers of Albanians coming over to disappear into the black economy is exclusive to Tory's then yes, it really is you that is thick. There is a whole world out that there outside of the Twittersphere, the media bubble and its associated virtue signalling.

The Lib Dems would be the perfect party for Lineker. Polling at 9% though aren't they. Heard they were big on Twitter, maybe we should make Twitter a parliamentary constituency for a laugh to see how unrepresentative it is of wider society. That might snap Lineker and a few others out of their social media bubbles.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s actually a guardian article from over a year ago that is discussing his continued use of Twitter to push his political views. 

The person that tweeted it is irrelevant. Unless you’re a total moron….

Of course, it does it does. If you use as your source a tweet from a man who made his living from sexism and misogyny and now has to resort to working on a loss making barely watched TV channel that peddles conspiracy theories and racial hatred your judgement is clearly skewed. Furthermore if you think that this article from nearly two years ago has any relevance to a tweet this week you really don't know what is going on. There is no evidence you read and it is clear you don't understand it either. I suspect you couldn't spell IR35, let alone know what it is?

Right wing contrarians like this tweeter started a culture war did because they thought there were enough gullible fools out there that would believe them. Lineker called out the language used against vulnerable refugees as resonant of 1930s Germany which it clearly was so they went for him. And this is the best they have, it really is pathetic, and equally it is a shame that there are gullible fools who fall for it.

It has been inspiring and heart warming that so many decent people have decided enough is enough and made a stand against this sort of thing.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Polling has shown that 70% of the British public see the channel crossings as a serious problem.

Meanwhile only 27% of the general public said that they intended to vote Conservative last time they were polled.

If you think that concern about illegal economic immigration and the huge numbers of Albanians coming over to disappear into the black economy is exclusive to Tory's then yes, it really is you that is thick. There is a whole world out that there outside of the Twittersphere, the media bubble and its associated virtue signalling.

The Lib Dems would be the perfect party for Lineker. Polling at 9% though aren't they. Heard they were big on Twitter, maybe we should make Twitter a parliamentary constituency for a laugh.

Head. Has. Gone.