2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its not the slightest bit idiotic, its common sense that in the event of an evacuation (like the one we've seen in Ukraine), all safe countries have to participate in providing a safehaven, and its natural that each will have to agree a quota based on what they can realistically accommodate. 

Taiwan has no asylum law by the way, it does not accept refugees. That's the problem isn't it, look how we've opened the doors to those from Hong Kong, Ukraine, and Afghanistan in recent times. Yet there are countries which don't do their part.

You are quick to shout "Racist!" at Britain, yet live in a country which doesn't take asylum applications. Do you shout about that? Or would you be scared to do so? If a high profile celebrity published a tweet saying "Its disgusting that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees!", would you support that? We are held to a higher standard for some reason.

You are a horrible person.  These are real people you are talking about. If I were forced to move my family back to the UK due to war, where else would you like my wife to go. I have two young children, have a think about that. Taiwan has, in fact, accepted Ukrainian refugees and huge numbers of Hong Kong refugees. I love Norwich City Football Club and I wish it didn't have supporters of your ilk.

10 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

You are a horrible person.  These are real people you are talking about. If I were forced to move my family back to the UK due to war, where else would you like my wife to go. I have two young children, have a think about that. Taiwan has, in fact, accepted Ukrainian refugees and huge numbers of Hong Kong refugees. I love Norwich City Football Club and I wish it didn't have supporters of your ilk.

You are expecting me to be psychic and know that you are a British Citizen are you? As a British Citizen then clearly you'd be entitled to bring your spouse to the UK, are you sure that needs an Asylum application? Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and that therefore your personal situation is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. Who on earth has said at any stage on any of the 15 pages of this thread that they don't support spousal visas? Absolute idiot. 

ps. The plight of those who fled Hong Kong to Taiwan: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/22/neither-citizens-nor-foreigners-hongkongers-struggle-to-adapt-to-life-in-taiwan

Fine if you've got lots of money for an investor visa, or to enrol in a degree. Limbo land if you haven't.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Bro all memes or whatever aside you should definitely get all those affairs in place for the eventuality of war. It’s just a case of when not if China invades. I’d definitely want an escape plan for when it does go off.

Mind you, if and when it does go off it’s probably world war 3 anyway 

It’s a tense situation to be sure.

I somehow knew we’d end up talking about World War 3 on this thread eventually.

45 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I will be one of the relatively few Norwich fans to pay Capital Gains Tax upon selling my shares. Delighted to support the Nurses rather than some of the self serving types at Carrow Road. If I have changed my mind from 20 years ago it is reflective of circumstances. What is wrong with that?

You finally make a little sense, but why dress up your desire for profit as altruistic for months on end... you were fooling no one except  yourself 

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Bro all memes or whatever aside you should definitely get all those affairs in place for the eventuality of war. It’s just a case of when not if China invades. I’d definitely want an escape plan for when it does go off.

Will probably be a big enough event for a thread of its own when it happens, I reckon. Just a question of whether it needs to be in non-football or not.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Will probably be a big enough event for a thread of its own when it happens, I reckon. Just a question of whether it needs to be in non-football or not.

It depends if Gary Linekar is involved. Which, at this point, might actually happen.

At least he’ll be able to walk on water from mainland China, or maybe he’ll just part the seas with a big staff in his hand?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are expecting me to be psychic and know that you are a British Citizen are you? As a British Citizen then clearly you'd be entitled to bring your spouse to the UK, are you sure that needs an Asylum application? Because if it doesn't, then I'm afraid you are being completely irrelevant. Who on earth has said at any stage on any of the 15 pages of this thread that they don't support spousal visas? Absolute idiot. 

ps. The plight of those who fled Hong Kong to Taiwan: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/22/neither-citizens-nor-foreigners-hongkongers-struggle-to-adapt-to-life-in-taiwan

Fine if you've got lots of money for an investor visa, or to enroll in a degree. Limbo land if you haven't.

Well done Bill.  Your Internet search skills are still there (rememberthe mask thread?). The linked article discusses Hong Kongers feelings of displacement, they are still grateful to be in a democratic country such as Taiwan. Did you actually read the article? Have you ever gone through the process of applying for a spousal visa? Not simple. Even more difficult in the environment of immigration that the current government has encouraged. You are a horrible person with no empathy or compassion for others. that is evident by the way you have replied to me.

21 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

What’s that got to do with breaching BBC impartiality? If you sign a contract and agree to maintain an impartial view on social media then that is what you should do. I’m failing to understand why this is such an issue.

Because as I said, Suella would be defending his contract if he had defended her. Of course its an issue and to dismiss it as merely a contract issue is an appeasement to what he said.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You finally make a little sense, but why dress up your desire for profit as altruistic for months on end... you were fooling no one except  yourself 

So you mean he won't be passing them down to his inheritors ?

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its not the slightest bit idiotic, its common sense that in the event of an evacuation (like the one we've seen in Ukraine), all safe countries have to participate in providing a safehaven, and its natural that each will have to agree a quota based on what they can realistically accommodate. 

Taiwan has no asylum law by the way, it does not accept refugees. That's the problem isn't it, look how we've opened the doors to those from Hong Kong, Ukraine, and Afghanistan in recent times. Yet there are countries which don't do their part.

You are quick to shout "Racist!" at Britain, yet live in a country which doesn't take asylum applications. Do you shout about that? Or would you be scared to do so? If a high profile celebrity published a tweet saying "Its disgusting that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees!", would you support that? We are held to a higher standard for some reason.

The 'higher standards'  of the British are a myth... our shoite stinks as much as anyones. ...especially after a multi pack of budget crisps. Wink emoji.

PS Lays paprika for me, or any fresh cooked crisps in Spain , Portugal  or Morocco.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So you mean he won't be passing them down to his inheritors ?

Not unless the evil board agree to letting his kids have his season ticket . 

Despite his months of denial  , you , me , everybody , could see through him.

Its like the kind of relief you feel when the spoilt kid with the flashy boots  and a leather ball gets tackled and goes home sobbing, taking his ball with him...then the rest of you have much more fun wjth a plastic ball , sliding around laughing.... hes been a drain   and a negative  energy generator for too long. 

20 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

You are talking about WW3. No one else mentioned it. Ahead of the game as usual.  Respect.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Have a word with Lineker's accountant, might get that tax bill reduced.

No thanks. Happy to pay. Mind you if a inheritor supporter little more than half my age probably with a mortgage can get a better outcome all well and good.

29 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Well done Bill.  Your Internet search skills are still there (rememberthe mask thread?). The linked article discusses Hong Kongers feelings of displacement, they are still grateful to be in a democratic country such as Taiwan. Did you actually read the article? Have you ever gone through the process of applying for a spousal visa? Not simple. Even more difficult in the environment of immigration that the current government has encouraged. You are a horrible person with no empathy or compassion for others. that is evident by the way you have replied to me.

The issues of spousal visas has absolutely nothing to do with anything that anybody has been talking about at any stage, but that hasn't stopped you making it all about you has it.

I'm sure there are various issues with spousal visas. That has absolutely nothing to do with channel migrants, Gary Lineker, the new immigration bill, the BBC, or this f*cking thread. Go and start a thread about spousal visas perhaps. They are completely f*cking irrelevant.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

The issues of spousal visas has absolutely nothing to do with anything that anybody has been talking about at any stage, but that hasn't stopped you making it all about you has it.

I'm sure there are various issues with spousal visas. That has absolutely nothing to do with channel migrants, this thread, Gary Lineker, the new immigration bill, the BBC, or this f*cking thread. Go and start a thread about spousal visas perhaps. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the issue of spousal visas, because its completely f*cking irrelevant to the topic of the day.

You were the one who first mentioned spousal visas. What do you have an interest in?  Espousing language that dehumanises people? That reduces people to numbers. You talked about the numbers of Taiwanese that should be accepted in the event of war. How many do you think the UK should/would take? I'd like to think that the UK would take as many as those who wanted to go there. What Gary Lineker tweeted about was the language around the immigration issue. The language that the government has used  lacks compassion and empathy and the language you have used in this thread lacks empathy and compassion. I state again, Bill.  You are a horrible person. 

19 minutes ago, Taiwan Canary said:

You were the one who first mentioned spousal visas. What do you have an interest in?  Espousing language that dehumanises people? That reduces people to numbers. You talked about the numbers of Taiwanese that should be accepted in the event of war. How many do you think the UK should/would take? I'd like to think that the UK would take as many as those who wanted to go there. What Gary Lineker tweeted about was the language around the immigration issue. The language that the government has used  lacks compassion and empathy and the language you have used in this thread lacks empathy and compassion. I state again, Bill.  You are a horrible person. 

Yes because you did not make it clear that your wife had a link to this country via marriage to a British person.

Had I known that then I wouldn't have made the point that there is a limit to how many refugees we could take.

Seeing as your wife wouldn't need an asylum application, my comment about how many we could take is irrelevant. Doesn't stop you inferring that I'm a racist of course does it.

I consider it highly likely that your wife would get quick, easy and safe passage to the UK based on her marriage to a British person, just like Ukrainians with family links were. I doubt there is a single person on this thread who would in any way object to that or wish to split up a family. 

Now please let's keep this about chanel migrants. The people crossing the channel in small boats are not Ukranians or from Hong Kong... many are Albanian.

What war is happening in Albania? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

No thanks. Happy to pay. Mind you if a inheritor supporter little more than half my age probably with a mortgage can get a better outcome all well and good.

That inheritor was hardly expecting to get those shares for at least another 30 years i would imagine due to the untimely death of her father for goodness sake.

One world one love.

End of quit the bickering guys, it's pathetic that we still argue about tribes and who can go and live in 2023.

Being born in one country does not make someone better , the opportunity and privilege should be there for all and we should be spending money on helping not waring.

The human race deserves eradication and a reset we are a parasite on this planet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

One world one love.

End of quit the bickering guys, it's pathetic that we still argue about tribes and who can go and live in 2023.

Being born in one country does not make someone better , the opportunity and privilege should be there for all and we should be spending money on helping not waring.

The human race deserves eradication and a reset we are a parasite on this planet.

We went from Gary Linekar to “The human race deserves eradication and a reset we are a parasite on this planet.” in one thread

The pinkun is a special place

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That inheritor was hardly expecting to get those shares for at least another 30 years i would imagine due to the untimely death of her father for goodness sake.

Quite. Which is exactly why my belief is that a so called Community Football Club should have taken a far more sympathetic stance and are hypocrits in not doing so especially in the context of bonds.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What is horrible is that there are countries like Taiwan who don't take any refugees.

Erm, do you even have a small understanding of what the history of Taiwan is? 

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

In the beginning there was a bag of crisps

and, lo’, did Gary Linekar s4@g thine crisps, and later deny it, but we all know.

and from the consecration, Taiwan cometh hither.

35 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

One world one love.

Sadly Nexus, what a great deal of people do not realise is that modern politics has become all about entrenching and then more deeply entrenching the tribal lines. It only takes a glance at parliament to see what has happened over the last 10-15yrs as the more traditional Conservatives, some might even call them moderate Conservatives, have been ousted for daring to disagree with others in their party. Forced to, or feeling forced to step down as MP's, some crossing the party divide even.

Then you have the more hard line Conservative back benchers suddenly in cabinet. Those same people, Rees-Mogg etc, saying that they would welcome UKIP candidates to the Conservative party and that still doesn't sound warning bells.

Labour isn't innocent of any of  this either.

It is far beyond a time now where politics should be a lot more transparent. Yet we are still having secret handshakes for loans, expensive wallpaper, PPE contracts to a cabinet ministers local pub landlord to produce something he has never produced before and doesn't even have facility to produce... the list goes on and on and on.

Yet here we are. A scape goat has been found and offered up to the blood demanding masses.

The people that have been crying "free speech" for a decade when they have been told that what they are saying sounds a bit extreme, suddenly suggest that suggesting language being used by the now not-moderate Conservatives on a subject they have already been more than extreme on - is extreme, should in fact be cancelled.

Nah, we are approaching a point of no return here, and many are sleep walking with it because it happens to sound a bit like stuff they would like to see/hear whilst not liking that it could also be a lot like some stuff in history that would make them look bad.

Lineker is small fry. Even the bill he is alleged to owe the HMRC is small in comparison to the greater issues around tax, that being corporation tax. But you know, when you let the likes of Google and Amazon off of billions worth of tax, I guess those with less will have to make up for the losses right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Quite. Which is exactly why my belief is that a so called Community Football Club should have taken a far more sympathetic stance and are hypocrits in not doing so especially in the context of bonds.

We all get it, they didn't include you in the way you wanted the idea of "community club" you wanted it to be. You are becoming a self fulfilling meme on here now. Please stop making every thread about you and your obsession with what being a "so called Community Football Club" should mean.

You are forever taking it massively out of context.

• Like 3

I knew this thread would lurk on the football section of the Pink Un forum but really deserved to be moved to the general area. It’s got 50+ pages written all over it as it’s a sociological / politically charged topic. 

Is there a moderator that can move it? It’s very much like the Brexit straw poll post from aeons ago…

My view on it is the BBC is a left leaning media outlet, everyone knows it, but the BBC would never admit it. Lineker has made a left leaning comment in the public domain. If the BBC allowed it without reprimand then they look to support Lineker’s position and add further ballast to their political stance. Lineker has nothing to lose anyway.

Part of me thinks if he fks off it allows for a new generation of pundits which will allow for a difference of opinion. Equally Lineker is an outlier and I love a cheeky disruptor but the BBC will never be brave enough to fill his position with someone who isn’t just another talking head a la ITV coverage. 

It’s a tightrope to walk but I think the BBC will relent. 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

We all get it, they didn't include you in the way you wanted the idea of "community club" you wanted it to be. You are becoming a self fulfilling meme on here now. Please stop making every thread about you and your obsession with what being a "so called Community Football Club" should mean.

You are forever taking it massively out of context.

Perhaps they should define it a little better then?

My view is that their prime focus should be around spectators at foorball matches and aiding people's mental health in that context. Against that yardstick there is a tendency to fail at times.

It relates to another word Lineker used CRUEL.

Edited by essex canary

30 minutes ago, chicken said:

I know that it's officially called the Republic of China and that very few UN members recognise a country called Taiwan, beyond that not really.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well we can open some Soylent Green factories for the willing volunteers as a starting point?