13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Chelm, no worries. I hope you are feeling suitably educated.

I wonder if there's a political forum somewhere discussing Norwich city football club....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Greg ****, former Director General of the BBC was interviewed this morning. He stated quite clearly that in his time as DG there was no such restriction placed on non news staff. 

Absolutely fantastic that the forum won't let you use Greg's last name. Presumably I can call him Greg Lesbian and that will be fine.

• Haha 6

Freedom of speech most definitely isn't being eroded and it's on trend to have an opinion about anything nowadays and tell everyone about it as well.

The issue here is that gov't has decided on a highly controversial immigration policy and as it transpires has encouraged the BBC, and its employees, not to have an opposing opinion on it. Not only has the language used by Lineker knocked them back a bit but also the timing couldn't be worse as the UK gifts £0.5bn to France to help implement this perceived Na zi policy.

As usual with this government, yet another shambles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Absolutely fantastic that the forum won't let you use Greg's last name. Presumably I can call him Greg Lesbian and that will be fine.

Cool so **** van **** becomes Penis van Lesbian.

• Haha 1

This is the best anime of the year. So much material to work with and people digging for internet clout out of thin air! It’s astonishing!

What we need now is the BBC to drop the Jimmy Saville drama. Do it BBC! 

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Radio Norfolk next, will really miss Canary Call ( or not )

I’m going to the game tomorrow. Do I have to stay quiet in solidarity with Daddy Gary?

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Radio Norfolk next, will really miss Canary Call ( or not )

No commentary on tomorrow's game?

Will Mark Rivers show a bit of solidarity and remove his valuable insight?

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Please, have some respect, use his full name:

Gregory Lesbian

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No commentary on tomorrow's game?

Will Mark Rivers show a bit of solidarity and remove his valuable insight?

How will people watch the game on the radio?

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

How will people watch the game on the radio?

Radio Norfolk are replacing coverage with a podcast about the coastal erosion at Hemsby 😉

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Radio Norfolk are replacing coverage with a podcast about the coastal erosion at Hemsby 😉

I guess I’m missing tomorrows game then because there’s no way I’m missing that!

• Haha 1

Presumably all of these reporters, pundits and commentators who are refusing to work in “solidarity” with Lineker and who have decimated the BBC’s scheduled sports output this weekend are in breach of contract and will be liable for disciplinary action up to and including immediate dismissal.

Edited by Naturalcynic

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Freedom of speech most definitely isn't being eroded and it's on trend to have an opinion about anything nowadays and tell everyone about it as well.

The issue here is that gov't has decided on a highly controversial immigration policy and as it transpires has encouraged the BBC, and its employees, not to have an opposing opinion on it. Not only has the language used by Lineker knocked them back a bit but also the timing couldn't be worse as the UK gifts £0.5bn to France to help implement this perceived Na zi policy.

As usual with this government, yet another shambles.

Exactly. Lineker had a serious point to make but cocked it up big time.

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Before tomorrow's game, there will be a minute's applause in support of Gary Lineker.

I’m going to start a go fund me for Gary’s legal costs, who’s up for it?

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Before tomorrow's game, there will be a minute's applause in support of Gary Lineker.

Further to this, all 22 players have agreed to sh*t themselves before the game and then scrape their soiled shorts all over the Carrow Road pitch at the start of the game. Free the jugg-eared one!

OTBC

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Well, I think HMRC should probably take a look at the users on this thread.

Never realised half the board were tax cheats, but there you go

With Zahawi as a role model not surprising.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

Presumably all of these reporters, pundits and commentators who are refusing to work in “solidarity” with Lineker and who have decimated the BBC’s scheduled sports output this weekend are in breach of contract and will be liable for disciplinary action up to and including instant dismissal.

Like I said before, I’m giving it a go on Monday. I’m sad and I deserve a day off.

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

One underfunded defence being replaced by a program about another. 
Must not complain about the Govs attitude to our coast, be careful RN

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

With Zahawi as a role model not surprising.

Found another one lol

Whos Zahawi?

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely Lineker's opinion was correct. This Government just blames something or someone else for all of its failings to the people it purports to represent from the heart of their bottoms. Aren't we told it was Covid, the EU, Unions, Corbyn, Abbott, Russia, that had stopped the Tories sharing their greed amongst us hoi polloi?

Wasn't Germany told that it was the Kaiser, Hindenburg, Jews, Gypsies, Union officials and the League of Nations fault for all their ills? 

That’s how I read Lineker’s tweet. Had as many stood by the people that commented against the language then, then just maybe Hitler may have been stopped before he really got started.

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Further to this, all 22 players have agreed to sh*t themselves before the game and then scrape their soiled shorts all over the Carrow Road pitch at the start of the game. Free the jugg-eared one!

OTBC

The city stand will be wearing their adult diapers in solidarity 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Found another one lol

Whos Zahawi?

The ex Chancellor of the Exchequer from last year paying a £5 million penalty for an erroneous tax return. Still an MP.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s how I read Lineker’s tweet. Had as many stood by the people that commented against the language then, then just maybe Hitler may have been stopped before he really got started.

So do you think Lineker might single-handedly have stopped Sunak from annexing the Sudetenland?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

The ex Chancellor of the Exchequer from last year paying a £5 million penalty for an erroneous tax return. Still an MP.

He sounds like a right ** to me

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The city stand will be wearing their adult diapers in solidarity 

Quite a fewalready do , i believe. 

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

So do you think Lineker might single-handedly have stopped Sunak from annexing the Sudetenland?

My favourite Gary Linekar moment has to be when he blew up that bridge over the River Kwai. Superb.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Not from this guy...

FB_IMG_1678543799851.jpg

• Haha 3

Walkers crisps are s41t though, yeah? We can all agree on that? You get like 3 paper thin crisps in a pack. Horrendous.

Kettle all the way, finest Norfolk potatoes.

• Like 1