Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Three fans have been banned from attending home and away

There was a flare which ended up on the pitch at some point wasn't there.

Sounds like whoever brought the flares is getting a ban.

EDIT: If I'd clicked through to article I would have got confirmation that, yes, one of them was the lad who threw a flare on the pitch.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There was a flare which ended up on the pitch at some point wasn't there.

Sounds like whoever brought the flares is getting a ban.

EDIT: If I'd clicked through to article I would have got confirmation that, yes, one of them was the lad who threw a flare on the pitch.

Based on the highlights footage, looked like there were two flares/smoke bombs chucked onto the pitch.

It is the flare incidents; the one on the pitch was stupid.

I truly hope however this is happening at other clubs. I only say that because I'm unaware of other clubs fans getting such bans for this, but happy to be educated. Anyone care to update me?

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Any idea of the length of ban? A lifetime ban seems very excessive.

I'm not the smartest guy around but I would imagine a lifetime ban would last for.. A lifetime?

22 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It is the flare incidents; the one on the pitch was stupid.

I truly hope however this is happening at other clubs. I only say that because I'm unaware of other clubs fans getting such bans for this, but happy to be educated. Anyone care to update me?

Yes, lots of fans being given 5 year football banning orders for throwing flares on the pitch, and a few been given banning orders for being caught trying to get flares into a stadium. Its the norm in England now.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm not the smartest guy around but I would imagine a lifetime ban would last for.. A lifetime?

But can they pass it on to their inheritors?

• Haha 11

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But the club haven't said that its a lifetime ban have they? They haven't specified in their press release, hence his question.

Canarydan23 was just saying that a lifetime ban would be excessive, if that was imposed.

Could be Cat 4 I guess if they decide they were missiles, throwing them onto the pitch was a stupid thing to do.

24 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Pretty idiotic to throw flares onto the pitch to be fair 

I mean.. they’re not very fashionable with young lads these days. But you’re right, could have donated them to a charity shop… ; )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Pretty idiotic to throw flares onto the pitch to be fair 

Pretty daft to take them to a football game at all.

• Like 2

All a bit of an anti climax. I was expecting some of our lads to have been mixing it with the Millwall fans rather than this rather tame offence.

It's a bit daft to get yourself banned for that.

Anyway looks like the FA are investigating it, so another fine incoming.

Idiot's reserve all the punishment thrown at them.  There will be serious injury from there's flares soon enough.  Should be lifetime bans for throwing onto pitch and strong action for attempting to bring into stadia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does a ban for life pass down to their children, or does it end when they die? Asking for a, erm, friend… 

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Drunkeness in/around the stadium?! Bloody hell. I've been lucky to avoid a written warning with that one.

A two season ban is pretty draconian too if you ask me. Some of these tender little flowers oughta go to some games on the continent.

I think that applies to a large percentage of the fanbase! I'd imagine they'd only act upon it if you were being a right nuisance and upsetting people around you. The club knows alcohol is a huge part of the matchday experience for a lot of fans, and it's also a huge part of generating the atmosphere inside the ground!

2 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

Could be Cat 4 I guess if they decide they were missiles, throwing them onto the pitch was a stupid thing to do.

Wonder if they could hit then with the double whammy and give them 5.

That seems to be what the courts dish out now for similar incidents. 

I'm a bit torn on it really, love what they do for the atmosphere, but wouldn't want my asthmatic daughter near one.

5 years feels excessive to me though, half a season would surely be sufficient if the individuals are of previously good behaviour, but extended by years if they get caught trying to flought the ban during that time?

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think that applies to a large percentage of the fanbase! I'd imagine they'd only act upon it if you were being a right nuisance and upsetting people around you. The club knows alcohol is a huge part of the matchday experience for a lot of fans, and it's also a huge part of generating the atmosphere inside the ground!

So essentially if being drunk and disorderly, rather than drunk and very merry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Drunkeness in/around the stadium?! Bloody hell. I've been lucky to avoid a written warning with that one.

A two season ban is pretty draconian too if you ask me. Some of these tender little flowers oughta go to some games on the continent.

Plenty of drink was surely the only way of getting through 90 minutes of football under Dean Smith.

• Haha 2

It’s got to be said we are very harsh with punishments. I know you’ve got to stamp out a fair amount of the top end stuff but there is definitely someone at the top at Carrow road that wants us all at the game with blankets and thermos in total silence.

I’m enjoying our turnaround on the pitch but we cannot forget or forgive the middle to upper management of the non football end of things up to Webber. There’s “directors of this” and “chief officer that” doing an absolutely horrendously bad job in those offices. Walking through the halls at Carrow road at Colney in power suits and stale cologne convinced they are doing a good job but really, really aren’t. There’s been a culture war going on behind the scenes where good voices like those in community sports and whatnot are kept quiet while Bobby brown shoes come in on a fortune and brings in pointless measures and bad management.

In good companies great ideas win, in bad companies politics wins.

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 2