Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Blackpool fan dies after post-match brawl at pub

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dear me how sad and involving two clubs hardly recognised for fan disorder.

What's really sad is Millwall supporters gloating on their site because it wasn't them

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Dear me how sad and involving two clubs hardly recognised for fan disorder.

Bit of a Lancashire derby in there though. Granted, Burnley tend to have it in for Preston and especially Blackburn, but most Lancastrian matches have a derby character in there.

From reading accounts online and seeing the footage it looks as though he was part of the aggressors.  While it sounds cold, i'm just glad we're not reading about an innocent being caught up and harmed in this way.

There's now a family who's lost someone, and another who's got to look the guy who done this in the eye - And it's all just so un-necessary.

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

From reading accounts online and seeing the footage it looks as though he was part of the aggressors.  While it sounds cold, i'm just glad we're not reading about an innocent being caught up and harmed in this way.

There's now a family who's lost someone, and another who's got to look the guy who done this in the eye - And it's all just so un-necessary.

Indeed, it sounds as if he was part of a group who regularly went to the pub in question (a designated pub for away fans) after matches looking for a scrap. 

It's all so completely senseless; I don't understand the mentality of people who risk their own lives and those of others, either by death, serious injury or prison sentences, over fighting at a football match. I just don't get it.

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Have you got a link to the footage, please?

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Have you got a link to the footage, please?

I wouldn't feel right posting it, but it's very easy to stumble across on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed, it sounds as if he was part of a group who regularly went to the pub in question (a designated pub for away fans) after matches looking for a scrap. 

It's all so completely senseless; I don't understand the mentality of people who risk their own lives and those of others, either by death, serious injury or prison sentences, over fighting at a football match. I just don't get it.

He doesn’t look the type, but then appearances can be deceptive. This pub was full of Norwich fans before the game when we played Blackpool.

17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

He doesn’t look the type, but then appearances can be deceptive. This pub was full of Norwich fans before the game when we played Blackpool.

This chap looks pretty harmless, right? 😉

Gennady Golovkin | GGG on Instagram: “It's a fight week” | Gennady golovkin,  Fashion, Style inspiration

The guy who went down had mostly been standing there watching for the most part. He swung his leg in a rather poor kick against someone, at which point someone else went in, hit him in the head, at which point he went down.

He hadn't attacked the person who struck him, and the person who struck him attacked his head with enough force to down him, which is an attack that always has a chance of killing the target. It'll be interesting to see whether it goes down as unlawful act manslaughter or murder.

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The guy who went down had mostly been standing there watching for the most part. He swung his leg in a rather poor kick against someone, at which point someone else went in, hit him in the head, at which point he went down.

He hadn't attacked the person who struck him, and the person who struck him attacked his head with enough force to down him, which is an attack that always has a chance of killing the target. It'll be interesting to see whether it goes down as unlawful act manslaughter or murder.

Thank you for your commentary of someone dying. 

Sadly the guy went looking for a fight and that's exactly what he got. Nobody deserves to die like that but he put himself in harms way when he could have just gone home and put his feet up.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

This chap looks pretty harmless, right? 😉

Gennady Golovkin | GGG on Instagram: “It's a fight week” | Gennady golovkin,  Fashion, Style inspiration

I’m not good at recognising people. Who is he?

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m not good at recognising people. Who is he?

That is two-time unified, former pound-for-pound boxer Gennady Golovkin. Who holds the highest ratio of knockouts in middleweight championship boxing history.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That is two-time unified, former pound-for-pound boxer Gennady Golovkin. Who holds the highest ratio of knockouts in middleweight championship boxing history.

Ah, thanks. I could tell he was a wrongun by the fact that he was wearing loafers with no socks.

• Haha 2