TIL 1010

They Say A Picture Paints A Thousand Words.

Most certainly does as having embraced all of the players one by one Wagner led the celebrations with the fans and the good times of fan engagement that have been sadly lacking prior to his arrival are well and truely on the way back. 

Together anything is achievable and wouldn't it be good to see a repeat sight after the game next Sunday ?7d7ebe12-552a-4066-9c90-c453876d8af3.jpg

• Like 10

Exactly. That is why we can still get promoted. Even more so if the 'we are all in this together' philosophy is extended to the administrative aspects of the Club. It may even help us to get a better crack at the Premier League.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Most certainly does as having embraced all of the players one by one Wagner led the celebrations with the fans and the good times of fan engagement that have been sadly lacking prior to his arrival are well and truely on the way back. 

Together anything is achievable and wouldn't it be good to see a repeat sight after the game next Sunday ?7d7ebe12-552a-4066-9c90-c453876d8af3.jpg

Did Smith ever do anything like this? History will not be kind to Smith , nor the decision to appoint him. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Exactly. That is why we can still get promoted. Even more so if the 'we are all in this together' philosophy is extended to the administrative aspects of the Club. It may even help us to get a better crack at the Premier League.

Well done on posting and not beating the club. Keep it up! 😊 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Did Smith ever do anything like this? History will not be kind to Smith , nor the decision to appoint him. 

As Smith said in his last post match interview for us

"I'll always be a villan.."

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As Smith said in his last post match interview for us

"I'll always be a villan.."

Thought id seen that before. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

If possible that Smith era should be obliterated from the history books.Wrong from day one and the more we see scenes like that above the more you have to question how Smith ever became the choice to replace Farke. I know who i blame for that hideous 14 months culminating in that dreadful night at Luton.

• Like 2

Shame all in this together doesn't extend to some of the idiot postings on here . Every time a player has an off day he is rounded upon . The dogs abuse Idah gets is terrible .

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Well done on posting and not beating the club. Keep it up! 😊 

I have always believed in the 'we are all in this together' logic.

Just a belief that the kind of spirit in place 20 years ago when buying shares in the Club needs to be better reflected at the current juncture. This afternoons conversation on the 'New Document at Companies House' thread explains it. It can all be sorted with some sensible engaging constructive thought.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Just a belief that the kind of spirit in place 20 years ago when buying shares in the Club needs to be better reflected at the current juncture. This afternoons conversation on the 'New Document at Companies House' thread explains it. It can all be sorted with some sensible engaging constructive thought.

Some are more equal than others though...... ☺ 

I agree with Nutty that in the end it's all about results, but I've also always thought that the players should always go and thank the away support, win lose or draw. Norwich is miles from anywhere - am I right in saying that Millwall is our second closest ground this season, and still over 100 miles away? - and the away fans cover so many miles and spend so much time and money following the team on the road. Really bizarre to me that all coaches don't make the players do this. 

But it was a very special moment yesterday, reflecting a real achievement. What a hard fought win. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Some are more equal than others though...... ☺ 

Looks to me that he cannot even give it a feckin rest on a thread that has sod all to do with his shares !!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Let's be honest Essex you'll never be satisfied whatever the club does.

You come across as a really self-entitled individual.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You come across as a really self-entitled individual

Thats a very polite way of putting it... ☺ 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

History?

The time wasn't kind neither is the present.

He will go down as the worst appointment of the modern age 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

History?

The time wasn't kind neither is the present.

He will go down as the worst appointment of the modern age 

Depends on how you define modern. The appointment of Bryan Gunn was far, far worse.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Depends on how you define modern. The appointment of Bryan Gunn was far, far worse.

I dunno that game was at least entertaining and Gunny lasted all but 14 minutes rather than 14 months.

Nah still call Smith as worst, when Gunn was appointed we had been relegated and we didn't really feel like a prem club.

Smith was supposed to be a prem manager.

Sure this will get some pelters from the usual village idiots but that's my opinion.

I think even now Gunn is an eye roll rather than the worst appointment. Plus he is still loved in Norwich, his son is our current number 1.

Don't see Smith or his fat mate being given the keys to the city any time soon.

Smith set our plans back and regressed our players if we don't go up this season then he's wasted 2 years of our time and probs lost us a few players (pukki) on a free.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I dunno that game was at least entertaining and Gunny lasted all but 14 minutes rather than 14 months.

Nah still call Smith as worst, when Gunn was appointed we had been relegated and we didn't really feel like a prem club.

Smith was supposed to be a prem manager.

Sure this will get some pelters from the usual village idiots but that's my opinion.

I think even now Gunn is an eye roll rather than the worst appointment. Plus he is still loved in Norwich, his son is our current number 1.

Don't see Smith or his fat mate being given the keys to the city any time soon.

Smith set our plans back and regressed our players if we don't go up this season then he's wasted 2 years of our time and probs lost us a few players (pukki) on a free.

I beleive Gunn said in his book he didnt want to take the job, after being caretaker. Smith willingly took it. That's a big difference.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Let’s not forget how bad Peter Grant was !

At least he realised and accepted how bad he was before doing the decent thing

• Like 3

Maybe Smith was a necessary step to go through after the Farke era.  Very difficult for anyone to take on the job after a person  that for a lot of the time was special to the club and even at the end, a manager who was still loved by a good proportion of fans. But having said that, Smith knew the score, took the job on and the rest is history.  A bad appointment and a character who didn't appear to inspire anybody including players and fans alike.  Webber fouled up bigtime, but then maybe redeemed himself in getting Wagner.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

I suspect Smiths time here will be as Lamberts elsewhere. With Smith, he had a purple patch at Brentford, then nothing else and will likely drift into obscurity, as has Lambert now.

I'm actually not as negative about Smith as most people on here are and I have a bit of sympathy for him even though with the benefit of hindsight he was totally the wrong fit for us. However, that period when he was appointed was when Webber was at his lowest and even though I have no actual evidence to back this up I suspect his recruitment strategy was based more around "I'm not just a one trick pony who appoints up and coming German managers, i can find good British coaches too" which is why he sought out Lampard and Smith. He didn't have a shortlist of 4 up and coming unknown managers who suited our philosophy like we thought he would, he tried to show he has more strings to his bow than that and looked to go for someone different this time to show potential employers that he's adaptable and doesn't only have one trick up his sleeve. Plus I think he thought the players he signed were better than they actually were. 

Thankfully I think he's been humbled a bit since then and has gone back to the formula that works for him and us. There's no shame in being a good sporting director within a certain model. 

5 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Let's be honest Essex you'll never be satisfied whatever the club does.

I recall Delia's words 'the best Football Club in the world'.

Let's strive to be exactly that. Wagner is certainly moving in the right direction. As Kathy Blake indicated there are still other issues.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm actually not as negative about Smith as most people on here are and I have a bit of sympathy for him even though with the benefit of hindsight he was totally the wrong fit for us. However, that period when he was appointed was when Webber was at his lowest and even though I have no actual evidence to back this up I suspect his recruitment strategy was based more around "I'm not just a one trick pony who appoints up and coming German managers, i can find good British coaches too" which is why he sought out Lampard and Smith. He didn't have a shortlist of 4 up and coming unknown managers who suited our philosophy like we thought he would, he tried to show he has more strings to his bow than that and looked to go for someone different this time to show potential employers that he's adaptable and doesn't only have one trick up his sleeve. Plus I think he thought the players he signed were better than they actually were. 

Thankfully I think he's been humbled a bit since then and has gone back to the formula that works for him and us. There's no shame in being a good sporting director within a certain model. 

I think Webber has, on balance done a decent job. However, the one tiny silver lining for him in appointing Smith was that it could’ve been much worse had he actually landed Lampard. Lampard would’ve been sackable 

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

This is all well and good, but calling it 'engagement' is a bit much. It's worth remembering the 'engagement' at the end of Farke's tenure where he was giving post-match talks which were being torn apart on here with suggestions that he'd given up before games had started.

Togetherness is easy when times are good; it really matters when the going is tough.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If possible that Smith era should be obliterated from the history books.Wrong from day one and the more we see scenes like that above the more you have to question how Smith ever became the choice to replace Farke. I know who i blame for that hideous 14 months culminating in that dreadful night at Luton.

Smith chose his own direction totally oposite to Farke. A lonely path that alienated the fans

6 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

And Roeder.