PockthorpePete

Who do you want in the playoff final.

Luton, they'll need to find 30,000 extra fans. And will Millwall misbehave again if they meet Luton. Boro, if they don't overhaul the blunts. Blackburn ? Can't say I would want Millwall. Their club doesn't deserve Wembley, and the PL doesn't want them.

Bit premature there op.  Not assured of top six place yet......on the other hand 2nd place isn't cut and dried.......anything still possible!

Edited by lake district canary

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Bit premature there op.  Not assured of top six place yet......on the other hand 2nd place isn't cut and dried.......anything still possible!

Binner

5 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

Luton, they'll need to find 30,000 extra fans. And will Millwall misbehave again if they meet Luton. Boro, if they don't overhaul the blunts. Blackburn ? Can't say I would want Millwall. Their club doesn't deserve Wembley, and the PL doesn't want them.

Don't underestimate Luton in terms of fanbase. 30000 for a Conference play off final 

1 minute ago, The Raptor said:

Don't underestimate Luton in terms of fanbase. 30000 for a Conference play off final 

and 10,000 today, which underpins my point

1 minute ago, PockthorpePete said:

Is your point that they can't fill Wembley, or that they'll need more fans if they're in the prem league?  I think neither are underpined by the fact that they had 10,000, as it's the max capacity at Kenilworth(?!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Where's the optimism you were talking about in another thread? Surely play offs is the minimum!?

18 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I think you've massively under sold Luton. They'll fill that.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Is your point that they can't fill Wembley, or that they'll need more fans if they're in the prem league?  I think neither are underpined by the fact that they had 10,000, as it's the max capacity at Kenilworth(?!).

No. My point is they will sell there allocation, something they were not doing last season with only 10,000 to sell

"Que Sara Sara, we're going to Wember - ley"

Not Middlesbrough, it would have revenge for 2015 written all over it. Plus they are flying at the moment.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Not Middlesbrough, it would have revenge for 2015 written all over it. Plus they are flying at the moment.

If they could land in the car park at Wembley they would avoid their bus being delayed.

I fancy us against anyone but Watford. Burnley and Sheff Utd will go up automatically so they're out and we have a decent chance against anyone else but Watford are just all wrong for us tactically. They're faster than us, stronger than us, they don't pass it around they run with the ball which we don't like, they defend deep and hit teams on the counter which we struggle with, they're really good at the dirty side of the game winning cheap fouls and they get away with a lot physically to stop teams playing. Sarr always look like a world class player when he comes up against us because we really don't like dealing with pace and trickery and they're really good at set pieces. 

'Boro and Blackburn are probably better teams but we match up to them tactically a lot better and Luton and Millwall are getting by on hard work and consistency so are beatable in one off games. Watford on their day are a horrible team to play against and I'd dread facing them in the play offs. They are where they are because other teams sit in against them and don't give them space to run into, we would though, they'd get really stuck into us to stop us playing and they'd cause us all sorts of problems on the break. We beat them last year away but that was a bit of a one off with them being really poor on the night and us scoring some good goals, every other time before and since it's always been the same type of game. Bournemouth are much the same, I absolutely hate playing either or them. 

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I fancy us against anyone but Watford.

They will get a manager change and probably bounce into Top 6 too. 

Must say though, despite the kryptonite factor between us, we've only lost by the 1 goal against Watford this season, I don't think the margin is all that great. 

Plus we're seeing a whole new level in players like Sara and McLean that should balance things up more.  I'm very curious in what players such as Marquinhos and Tzolis will offer as the season plays out, plus we've got Sarge to come back.

Getting way ahead of ourselves here, but if we made it into playoffs, and Watford did too.  I think you'd want to get them in the final where it's an all or nothing match as opposed to two legs - as anything goes.   

And as a reversal of that, i'd rather play a team like Luton in the semi's than I would the final where it's their world cup final and far less pressure on their shoulders compared to us.

It's going to be a tough run-in though, we've just got to remain grounded and just keep the atmosphere up at Carrow Road, it sounded great at the Den today though, credit to everyone who travelled.

I 100% expected a win today. Millwall and Luton are playing well on team work and desire rather than quality. If we are playing to our best we will beat teams like this. Watford, Middlesbrough and West Brom if they did all make it I would dread. The best way I can put it is we play well against an average team in very good form but play poorly against a good team in bad form. 

Since Carrick took over, Middlesbrough have got more than 2 points a game. I watched them on TV recently and would rather avoid them. Finishing 4th or 5th would be preferable to 6th.

Having said that, if we play like we did yesterday why worry? 

I have to say if we can't get out of this division against the heavy weights of Luton, Sunderland, Blackburn, Millwall and even Middlesbrough to some extent,

Then god knows what would happen to us if we did sh1thouse our way to the Prem.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

No, it shows that their existing ground is too small!

12 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Luton are a very well supported team with a ton of fans. There ground is far too small, but rest assured they have a large supporter base.

I find it amusing that where ever I go in the world it seems you will often find a fellow canary or a Luton fan.

• Like 1

Also to underpin the Luton point. If you ignore the glory armchair fans of United and Liverpool etc, the top 4 supported clubs of people I actually know are City, Binners, Villa (loads round here for some reason) and Luton.

Lol really last thing we want is promotion.

If we make it to the final I want which ever team to have the ability to beat us.

Last thing we need right now is promotion. We need to get a winning mentality and get the team re built. Not a spanking from money cheats each week.

44 minutes ago, East Rider said:

where ever I go in the world it seems you will often find a fellow canary or a Luton fan.

Well, if you're from Luton you wouldn't stay in Luton, would you? Why there are so many City fans worldwide given how lovely Norwich is, is more mysterious 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Far too premature, but I wouldn't fancy either of Sheffield United or Middlesbrough, whichever doesn't get second, and I wouldn't want Watford either, if they get into the Playoffs. All very dangerous sides and I'd definitely fancy our chances a lot more against the other sides in the mix.