Sign in to follow this  
yellow bird

Summer Clear Out

How about:

THORNE, CHARLTON, HENDERSON, FLEMING

Or do we take Doncasters comments on there being a lot of comings and goings at the start of the season as an indication that there will be few leaving?

jarret is gone for sure, i''d like to see charlton and thorne gone who are both past it but fleming still does decent job so just igve him 1 more season

[quote user="yellow bird"]

How about:

Or do we take Doncasters comments on there being a lot of comings and goings at the start of the season as an indication that there will be few leaving?

[/quote]

How about Thorne, Charlton, Henderson, Fleming, Hughes, Etuhu, Jarrett, Robinson, Louis-Jean

Thorne, Charlton, Fleming, Louis-Jean, Colin, Etuhu, Robinson, Jarrett.

These should all be cleared out in the summer.

possibly Huckerby and Hughes.

Although Safri is a good player he is always injured so could it be a waste of money keeping him.

[quote user="yellow bird"]

How about:

[/quote]

your missing worthington on that list!

[quote user="Dionysus"][quote user="yellow bird"]

How about:

Or do we take Doncasters comments on

there being a lot of comings and goings at the start of the season as

an indication that there will be few leaving?

[/quote]

How about Thorne, Charlton, Henderson, Fleming, Hughes, Etuhu, Jarrett, Robinson, Louis-Jean

[/quote]

And Colin, Drury, McVeigh, Green, Worthington

Getting rid of 9 players will leave us with the same kind of issues we faced this season ie wholesale changes, with players taking time to settle etc. We would get no money for those 9 players, but would have to spend a fortune in paying the departing players off, signing on fees, agents fees etc to sign 9 players of a similar "quality". We already have a small squad, which is where players like Fleming, Hughes, Robinson, Louis-Jean will come in. They will be good back-up players.

Charlton, Thorne, Ward and Henderson on a season long loan should all go IMHO

How about:

[/quote]

[/quote]Jarrett, Charlton, Ward and maybe Thorne depending on whether we sign JJ.

jarret, charlton, thorne and hendo (possibily on loan) the rest deserve at least one more season

How about:

Or do we take Doncasters comments on

there being a lot of comings and goings at the start of the season as

an indication that there will be few leaving?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed add to that the fact Greeno is in his final year,if he has no

intention of signing a new one would be wise to cash in on him.Doherty

also has to go he will be another year older and another yard slower.

How about:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hughes is a good (albeit expensive) squad member I guess (but no first XIer) jarrett is gone already (and not for 450,0000 neither) Thorne and charlton are past it, hendo has never had a chance and never will so may as well leave.  Louis jean may be ok but no better than that...  Etuhu looks totally useless but we may be able to fool another teams scouts into paying for him..  Robbo..... I don''t bloody no.....

what a load of ****, how much money are we paying some of these hopeless players??

How about:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thorne, Charlton, Jarrett and Robinson Yes! Hendo''s still got potential give him another season. Louis-Jean has been unluckly with injuirys all season so maybe another season for him too. Fleming is still useful! Etuhu and Hughes will improve, Hughes has been playing better recently so i wouldn''t be suprise if his form got better. With Etuhu, there''s no point in selling him, we won''t get a good price for him so we should keep him, hopefully he''ll get better!

Steady on! It would be good to save some wages on several who are clearly not up to it, but...We don''t have the money to replace them, and we already have a small squad! Some of them will have to kept on for a while to sit on the bench  or cover for injury. If there is miraculously to be some significant money available, I would prefer that some is held back for the post-Worthington period, so that the new manager gets even a small fraction of the money that Worthington has got through.What we really need would be half a dozen signings for strategic positions on a free or very low fees , something that Worthington has not shown much skill at.

"Hopefully coming in;

Right Back
Left Back
Centre Back
Right Mid
Left Mid
Centre Mid
Striker"

I like the idea of buying players who have the same name as thier position, I take it ''Striker'' is one of those Brazillians with only one name.

In my view we should dump

Ward    -   Aging and less potential than gallagher

MLJ-    Injury prone, looked dodgy when he played and was in forests crap defence

Jarret - Hasnt settled

Thorne   -   Donkey, absolute crap, i dont know who would want him

Charlton   -   Inconsistent, putting on weight, cant run and oh, he cant pass or tackle.

Perhaps Colin- Doesnt seem to have settled and have been unimpressed. It doesnt look good when you are dropped for a 34 year old centre half.

Jarvis and henderson should both go if they arent going to get a chance. NW would ruin them by sitting them in the reserves.

Rehman, dont rate him and needs to go back.

I would get rid of:

Henderson - has had enough chances now to prove his worth and he looks ordinary at best.

Thorne - awful - looks old and slow!

Charlton - very disappointing and doesn''t really add to the squad. This would leave us very short at left back though which could be a problem. I suppose Charlton is at least solid cover but I should imagine he is on a pretty useful wage??

Ward - a good keeper but is injured too often to be first choice if Green were to go. Lets give Gallagher and Lewis a go!

Rehman - hasn''t done a bad job but not good enough to warrant signing.