Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

drummer left feeling uneasy!

Nobody comes out of that looking good. Fan moaning needs to either move or get over himself but a 24 year old having his mum run to the papers for him is also super lame.

• Like 2

People moaning about noise in a football stadium look the worst though.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Especially those in the Lower Barclay.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Also if they didn't want a drummer they just need to make more noise themselves.

They should start seeing the drummer as punishment for their lack of atmosphere. You can either migrate to the river end of make some mf'ing noise.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

Nobody comes out of that looking good. Fan moaning needs to either move or get over himself but a 24 year old having his mum run to the papers for him is also super lame.

I'm in 2 minds, I wouldn't want a guy with a drum sitting near me especially if I had enjoyed that seat for years. By the same token I would have accepted the move then contacted the club rather than kicked off about it, causing a grown man to get his mum to stand up for him.

• Like 1

Guarantee Harley, a young 24 year old, puts far more into trying to support our team and create an atmosphere than the awkward f*cker moaning.

I hope he's one of the miserablists that doesn't bother renewing and Harley can get on with trying to get fans behind the team. 

The lower barclay has been a pathetic excuse for support, as has the snakepit this season until the last game. With the drum the barclay has been fairly decent.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The lower barclay has been a pathetic excuse for support, as has the snakepit this season until the last game. With the drum the barclay has been fairly decent.

The snakepit noise has been pathetic this season up until Saturday. Was there free beer in their bar this week?? 

We're lower Barclay. Whilst it's been less vocal than in the past, it's been louder and more consistent than the " snakepit " ....or should we revert to calling it the Thorpe corner 😁😁

Edited by mccanary
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mccanary said:

The snakepit noise has been pathetic this season up until Saturday. Was there free beer in their bar this week?? 

We're lower Barclay. Whilst it's been less vocal than in the past, it's been louder and more consistent than the " snakepit " ....or should we revert to calling it the Thorpe corner 😁😁

I'm lower barclay too. Yes Saturday was the first time I heard the snakepit do anything on their own.

The lower barclay has only been good when the drum has been involved.

So is the fan who complained the reason the drummer wasn't present at the Cardiff game? Ridiculous if so.

30 minutes ago, Satriales said:

So is the fan who complained the reason the drummer wasn't present at the Cardiff game? Ridiculous if so.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere he was away at uni in Southampton.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

They should start seeing the drummer as punishment for their lack of atmosphere. You can either migrate to the river end of make some mf'ing noise.

Bit harsh there @king canary, wouldn't wish the River End on anyone...

1 hour ago, mccanary said:

I’m in the South Stand somebody actually sneezed 

Don’t need that sort of noise here

Complained to EEN 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"The stewards offered the person an alternative seat but he refused"

Nobody to blame but himself then

im not sure you of all people have any place offering opinions or advice on in game issues

Edited by South Sider

Just now, South Sider said:

I'm not sure you of all people have any place offering opinions or advice on in-game issues

Careful...... 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I'm lower barclay too. Yes Saturday was the first time I heard the snakepit do anything on their own.

The lower barclay has only been good when the drum has been involved.

I think the atmosphere will always be fine if/when we are going ok - the best seasons definitely haven’t needed a drum. It just seems ‘fake’ to me, I’m not a fan but nor do I really care that much either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Careful...... 

careful of what? upsetting some loser who has nothing better to do than live on the forum. think ill be ok

if they ever attended a game can you imagine the opinions theyd actually have

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

careful of what? upsetting some loser who has nothing better to do than live on the forum. think ill be ok

if they ever attended a game can you imagine the opinions theyd actually have

He may get his mum to speak to the "local" press,  as that seems to be the way for the woke youngsters these days. 

19 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think the atmosphere will always be fine if/when we are going ok - the best seasons definitely haven’t needed a drum. It just seems ‘fake’ to me, I’m not a fan but nor do I really care that much either.

Generally speaking yes.

100% not been the case for the lower barclay this season.

Losing with the drum has been a better atmosphere than winning without it this season. 

20 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Generally speaking yes.

100% not been the case for the lower barclay this season.

Losing with the drum has been a better atmosphere than winning without it this season. 

I understand Harley isn't a season ticket holder and is regularly asking for tickets on FB etc. That's his choice of course, and I beleive he attends away games too so respect for that. But the drum is devisive, and he needs to understand that people voicing criticism of the drum aren't directing it at him personally. He does seem a bit delicate if he's got upset about someone passing comment about the placement of the drum. Not knowing all the details, but that person is like many on here most likely a season ticket holder of many years standing. 

I wonder if he will be nominated for "fan of the season" when that comes around again...... ☺ 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Wierd. It's fan noise. Love it at the away games.  Those against, watch tennis.

I love it at the away games as I don't go to them! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

I love it at the away games as I don't go to them! 

Agreed.😀

• Haha 1