Canary Jedi

No PA at Carrow Road πŸ˜€

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

btw this is everyone’s cue to say how cold it used to be back in the day and how you used to walk to the ground uphill in both directions with no shoes on etc etc

I don't know about the cold, but Southgate Lane seems to get steeper every year.

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

I don't know about the cold, but Southgate Lane seems to get steeper every year.

I think they actually made Carrow road out of crushed glass originally? Can somebody confirm this please?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

No noise from the PA, = tinpot.

Deafened by the no noise from the Barclay Boys. Where were they 2nd half, totally outsung by the Snake Pit.

Possible H&S issue in the event of a fire, but not rocket science how to evacuate the stadium.

It was a throwback to theΒ 70s and 80s. I loved it!

Snake pit. Remind me is that the group in the corner who have scarcely turned up for months and decided to shout a bit today?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Snake pit. Remind me is that the group in the corner who have scarcely turned up for months and decided to shout a bit today?

This is an excellent point tbf

5 minutes ago, Ashwood said:

Was the lack of a PA today an experimental exercise or a genuine fault with the PA system?Β 

They claimed it was a genuine faultΒ 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ashwood said:

Was the lack of a PA today an experimental exercise or a genuine fault with the PA system?Β 

If it was an experimental exercise they should have announced it, to let people know.

Edited by PockthorpePete
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Me and the guys only just realised. Wonderful. We’ve been able to have a really nice chat without shouting at each other.Β 
Β 

@Feedthewolf are you still collecting fan feedback?

Ha! I much preferred it without the PA to be honest. There's probably a happy medium whereby we still have it but dial it back a bit.

The absence of music (including the goal music) was a real plus.

I loved it, could actually hear myself think pre game.
No goal music.

Only downside was you had to be quick to spot time added on and know your numbers / player hair cuts to know who was being subbed on / off.Β 

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Only downside was you had to be quick to spot time added on and know your numbers / player hair cuts to know who was being subbed on / off.Β 

Or look on the scoreboard.Β 

43 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ha! I much preferred it without the PA to be honest. There's probably a happy medium whereby we still have it but dial it back a bit.

The absence of music (including the goal music) was a real plus.

Raw unadulterated football. Could it catch on? Works at grass roots football.....Β 

The first game I couldn’t go to in ages and the PA system goes down… typical! I’d have loved to have experienced it. That 90s tin-fest dance track needs to be retired in ye old bin. Great win, though.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No samba de janero on the day two brazillians score? Crime

Did you nick that from here?Β 

Β 

Some time ago a group of people at a shareholders meeting moaned about the volume of the music before the game. They were told that it was played like that on the instructions of the football authorities who didn't want children hearing opposing fans chanting abuse at each other.Β 

Strangely, clubs are told to stop stadium clocks at 90 minutes and not show additional time as it is played. God knows why.Β 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Some time ago a group of people at a shareholders meeting moaned about the volume of the music before the game. They were told that it was played like that on the instructions of the football authorities who didn't want children hearing opposing fans chanting abuse at each other.Β 

Strangely, clubs are told to stop stadium clocks at 90 minutes and not show additional time as it is played. God knows why.Β 

The same reason they don’t show replays of offsides, referees make mistakes and it could cause a riot.

• Thanks 1

Attended my first match this season due to ill health , very flat when the teams entered the pitch at the start and half time don’t need the goal music , but need something to get the crowd going before the players come on. One of the old players I knew said the team loved itΒ whentheyΒ came onto the pitch and heard the roar and chants of the crowd .Β 

It will be interesting to see if at the next home game, Sunderland televised, if everything is back to normal. I suspect we will be back to tinpot naffness.

We still need announcements re teams, substitutions and added time but we don't need a 'MC' do we?

I'm never there until the teams come out so don't know what happens before the game. It feels a bit strange to have nothing at all?

Ditch the dreadful goal music for good though. It's embarrassing.

I have for many seasons complained to them about the shocking PA system at Carrow Road.In the area that I sit the announcements of mascots names,Community heroes,any pitch side interviews are virtually inaudible,it really winds my gears.All it would take initially would be for a tweek onΒ the EQ ofΒ the system.

I am hopeful that this will be brought up at the next supporters meeting because my efforts so far seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Or could they possibly be in the process of improving the system.Nah.I can but dream

32 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Attended my first match this season due to ill health , very flat when the teams entered the pitch at the start and half time don’t need the goal music , but need something to get the crowd going before the players come on. One of the old players I knew said the team loved itΒ whentheyΒ came onto the pitch and heard the roar and chants of the crowd .Β 

People leave it to the last second to take their seats these days so there is not so much build up atmosphere in the stadium . Years ago people would take their place early, start singing 15 minutes before the team came out so the place was already starting to rock - and by the time the team came out there would be a great cheer, no music or announcements necessary. The anticipation was everything......people nowadays just seem to want instant reward while putting in no effort themselves. It's - get your drinks in, go to your seat, 321 and off you go......no effort required.

And people wonder why there is no atmosphere at games.......

Β 

• Like 1

Does having no PA constitute a safety risk?

It would seriously hamper warning the crowd about any impending danger.

Edited by First Wazzock

3 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Does having no PA constitute a safety risk?

It would seriously hamper warning the crowd about any impending danger.

Probably opt for due process and delay in reporting back to the fans on that issue.

Now with everybody having smartphones and ear pods, can't they just have the music and announcements on some form of Internet app, so you can decide yourself whether you want to listen to it?Β 

4 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I have for many seasons complained to them about the shocking PA system at Carrow Road.In the area that I sit the announcements of mascots names,Community heroes,any pitch side interviews are virtually inaudible,it really winds my gears.All it would take initially would be for a tweek onΒ the EQ ofΒ the system.

I am hopeful that this will be brought up at the next supporters meeting because my efforts so far seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Or could they possibly be in the process of improving the system.Nah.I can but dream

I’ve also complained about the extremely loud pre match β€œmusic”. Β Don’t mind having music but can’t hold a conversation over it. Β I’ve been told the players choose the music but can they hear it in the dressing room?

15 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Did you nick that from here?Β 

Β 

Neither of them can spell Janeiro properly.

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Now with everybody having smartphones and ear pods, can't they just have the music and announcements on some form of Internet app, so you can decide yourself whether you want to listen to it?Β 

Doubt the residents in God’s waiting room City Stand all have smartphones and ear pods ( whatever they are ) but simple for them to just turn off their hearing aids.

Job done.