Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Could Pukki be off?

Has this thought crossed anybody elses mind?

MLS season about to kick off, also the Turkish transfer deadline for this season has been extended to the 5th March, and he's been linked to Turkey before.

A few European countries with windows still open also, Norway for one.

Its like anything really, at some point your heros move on.

I think the writing is on the wall for Pukki, in some ways I would rather he went now and give Idah and Sarge the oppertunity than bang us a few goals then foxtrot oscar wasting that development time.

No of course i dont want him to leave before i get mis quoted by Hoggy or Birdie or some other half wit. But perhaps to quote Eat Pray Love... " Its time..."

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Has this thought crossed anybody elses mind?

MLS season about to kick off, also the Turkish transfer deadline for this season has been extended to the 5th March, and he's been linked to Turkey before.

A few European countries with windows still open also, Norway for one.

i think the will wait until we have no chance of going up 

Pukki might get enough goals to get us into play off's to sell him no would be a disaster 

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Its like anything really, at some point your heros move on.

I think the writing is on the wall for Pukki, in some ways I would rather he went now and give Idah and Sarge the oppertunity than bang us a few goals then foxtrot oscar wasting that development time.

No of course i dont want him to leave before i get mis quoted by Hoggy or Birdie or some other half wit. But perhaps to quote Eat Pray Love... " Its time..."

I like your resistance to bring quoted by Hoggy and LYB but then you chuck in the wisdom of eat pray love. I’d much rather you have gone for the Lion King or Coming to America or any of the other 5000 films containing its time. (Winking emoji) 

• Haha 1

Pukki won’t be here next year. I’m not sure how much more obvious it has to be . 

He isn’t going to sign a contract. His playing time this year will be limited. 

Its been great but it’s coming to an end. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I like your resistance to bring quoted by Hoggy and LYB but then you chuck in the wisdom of eat pray love. I’d much rather you have gone for the Lion King or Coming to America or any of the other 5000 films containing its time. (Winking emoji) 

Probs because, really who has ever got laid by saying "Its time" its always just been the worst application of the phrase 😄

I have been thinking he is about to go since the summer window, but it definitely would make sense now- our odds of going up are dropping rapidly and the latest injury is very convenient, a little like when Dean Ashton missed a game just before going to Wet Spam.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do you only read thread titles?

If you're lucky....... 

• Haha 1

Owes us nothing and deserves a last hurrah at a club of his choosing. This man will get a hero’s welcome any time he returns to Carrow Road after retiring. 

• Like 1

He's waiting until the summer and I don't see that changing.

There's been no talk of him signing a pre contract agreement with anyone, and word usually get's out if that's the case. Yes, that's only for teams abroad, but there are plenty of those.

I think it'll be as much about what interest he gets and from where as much as anything. He'll be 33, as said many times before, last summer was the most opportune moment to go if he wanted to try and land that 3yr contract somewhere relatively high up. There might be teams that offer him that in the summer, but there will be less than last summer.

Then it'll be about balancing staying put and not uprooting his family Vs one or two year contracts somewhere that may mean it happening a couple of times over the space of a couple of years. Plus, he may feel he can play on for longer than 2-3 seasons more. MLS could allow for that perhaps?

I think he's either already decided what he's going to do, or he's still undecided and will leave it until the summer to see what offers he gets. Either way I have no issue. It's football, this is what happens.

Not crossed my mind I must admit.  I think he's looking quite happy with the break personally, he's played a lot of games and carried the goal scoring burden on his shoulders for a long time.

When he's back to fitness we may be back in playoff zone and see a real uplift is all i've been thinking really.

Can we sell if our domestic window is closed?  I just presumed it was all sealed now until end of season.

Edited by Google Bot

42 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Can we sell if our domestic window is closed?  I just presumed it was all sealed now until end of season.

Yes, we can sell to any country where their window is still open, including the MLS, China, Norway, Russia, and Turkey.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, we can sell to any country where their window is still open, including the MLS, China, Norway, Russia, and Turkey.

Is Russia's window still open? Pukki should steer well clear of that window.

• Thanks 1

I think this is his last season, so I hope he stays until the end and says goodbye. Would be a shame for him to leave midseason. 

Also isn't he 9 goals away from moving into the top 3 goalscorers? It looks unlikely at present but would be amazing to see him achieve it

7 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Just checked and it closed approx 2 hours 30 minutes ago, as it happens. So I can still claim that it was open when I started the thread 😜

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Then you have successfully made me paranoid now, well done!  hehe.

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Being Finnish, I imagine he will.

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do you only read thread titles?

Hence why I said yes, as in yes the thought has crossed my mind and I think if we don't go up he will be off.

Did you not read my post?

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can you be more specific?

No one has time to read all your posts..... 😉 

• Haha 1

I did wonder if the MLS was an option but expected a deal to happen in January, if it were to happen our mid season.

I really can't see him uprooting his family to go on a short term gig in Turkey right now.

He won't be going anywhere before the end of the season now, which is why we allowed Hugill to go.

12 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Pukki won’t be here next year. I’m not sure how much more obvious it has to be . 

He isn’t going to sign a contract. 

My post wasn't about next year, I'm not sure how much more obvious it has to be.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hence why I said yes, as in yes the thought has crossed my mind and I think if we don't go up he will be off.

You are a bit dim aren't you. 

Everybody knows that he's off in the summer, that wasn't the point in my post.

Some people jump to a lot of conclusions. Footballer's do not always necessarily chase the money.

Pukki seems quite a modest fellow, I would imagine the majority of the £10m plus he has earned at Norwich is now safely invested so will keep him financially sorted for life. Any decision he makes now will focus on what his young family need most at the moment. Sure, he could decide more money may be most important, but it could easily be their education and friendships that are more important. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays even if we don't get promoted, but my money is on a return to Finland! Family comes first.

• Like 1

I doubt it. His extra bit of quality is the one silver bullet we might have left this season, no way we would let him go and hope the fans are just OK with Idah, Sargent and Kamara as our strikers.

His time may be drawing to a close with us but in the heat of a playoff situation he could be decisive.