50 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

For those criticizing other fans for not making noise in other stands I think a lot would like to. But from my own experience buying casual tickets whenever I've tried to get a song going or make some noise in those stands people rarely join in and you often get looks or disapproving comments from people. I think we need an injection of fresh faces into the other stands regardless of their age. It's not so much a generalized age thing because a lot of the shouts from the other stands often seem to start from older members and fair play to them for trying but from my experience but when I'm surrounded by a sea of grey haired people who give me funny looks it seems like I'm being judged for disturbing their peace and quiet by reserved fans and they prefer to sit their comfortably sipping their drink and watching the game in peace and quiet. 

Again I'm not saying it's because we have too many old people in the other stands because sometimes it seems like whenever people do join in it's often some older fan, but we have far too many who are just there for the day out and prefer the watch the game in peace and quiet. I'm thinking it's more a people who have been watching for 20+ years who are bored of it all now and a bit complacency problem than an age thing but we could really do with reducing casual prices in some stands and getting some fresh faces in. 

I feel so vilified joining in chants started in the Barclay, trying to get them moving around to my area in the South stand when nobody joins in. There was a tiny lad chanting loads Tuesday near me and it was great to see but equally so sad to see him cheering with full gusto and everyone around him just dismissing it with a wry smile and stony silence. As if to say ‘kids eh? What you gonna do?’ How about take his lead and start enjoying yourself. 

• Like 1

Rightly or wrongly no drum and it's an absolute morgue. Much more full than recent games too. Point very much proven.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rightly or wrongly no drum and it's an absolute morgue. Much more full than recent games too. Point very much proven.

Agreed.

Even at 2 nil up, there wasn't much noise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For various reasons I haven't been able to get to CR for years (I had a ST in the Grant-Roeder-Lambert U-bend years), but from reading posts on here it does seem to have got quieter. I would politely suggest that if you've long had an ST in the Barclay, but you're not as young as you were, and not as keen to shout your throat out for 90 mins, you should perhaps consider moving somewhere else in the ground, to allow those who do want to support the team in this way to gather together. Hopefully the move to safe standing will accelerate this process if nothing else.

Hope this doesn't come across as 'fan police': it's just a polite suggestion. There are lots of ways to be a fan. I'm not as young as I was, and haven't got the energy for non-stop singing and shouting. When I eventually make it back to CR, I'll be looking for a ticket in the South Stand , rather than returning to my old season ticket area in the Barclay lower.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 07:14, hogesar said:

It's really not been fine this season. Any game without the drum has been silence.

What's going on Hoggy . I'm so  so disappointed to hear this kind of talk. Wagner has come in and made a big difference.  Cmon you fùckèrs at Carrow Road. Let's get excited and noisy about your team. 

I can feel the deafening  silence 🔕. Here in 🇧🇷

Well done for the Samba boys today👍😉️. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mengo said:

What's going on Hoggy . I'm so  so disappointed to hear this kind of talk. Wagner has come in and made a big difference.  Cmon you fùckèrs at Carrow Road. Let's get excited and noisy about your team. 

I can feel the deafening  silence 🔕. Here in 🇧🇷

Well done for the Samba boys today👍😉️. 

Yes, it's quite depressing tbh. This isn't new though. I catch 3-5 games a year and have been struck whenever I go at how quiet CR has been for the last few years, even prior to covid (although I think this year does seem to have been particularly quiet). Easy to sing when you're winning; better to sing when you're 0-0 or 0-1 down I always thought.

If the drum helps, that's excellent...but I can't help feel that we shouldn't need it.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

There’s something starting to brew under Wagner.. A Wembley win is a real possibility, but the crowd absolutely have to play a part.

If any City fan objects to a Wembley play off final, keep winging about that health hazard of a  drum giving you a headache.

Yellow wall…. Drum…. Flags 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Yes, it's quite depressing tbh. This isn't new though. I catch 3-5 games a year and have been struck whenever I go at how quiet CR has been for the last few years, even prior to covid (although I think this year does seem to have been particularly quiet). Easy to sing when you're winning; better to sing when you're 0-0 or 0-1 down I always thought.

If the drum helps, that's excellent...but I can't help feel that we shouldn't need it.

OTBC

I dont deny we shouldn't need it, it's just this season has proven we do, for some reason.

It’s going to take a while to get the atmosphere back guys, it’s like turning a tanker around not a jet ski

Combined malaise from several factors has kicked Carrow Road in the teeth

Appreciate being told we are crap from people who “watched the game on the radio” though, you guys are the real fans 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

Reading 📚 all this is very depressing.  I'm 72 and still have the love and passion for football. I'm sure if I was there  I would have no voice at the end. OK.  I have an idea . If we don't start behaving like passionate  Norwich  supporters , we will introduce more drums. I rely on you and Hoggy to monitor the situation , and report back on here if the noise machines decibels are increasing or decreasing .

Imagine we won 2-0 and it feels flat here in Brazil. Is there a constant black depression cloud over carrow road. Cmon guys get noisy and excited 😊 about your team.FFS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

The snakepit sang loudly throughout the whole game today, they didnt need a drum, so why do the Barclay need one to get them singing and cheering the team on

• Thanks 1

Part of the problem is the centre section of the Barclay, they now stand for the whole game but don’t make a sound, they also drown the noise out from the end of the Barclay that does sing, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diane said:

The snakepit sang loudly throughout the whole game today, they didnt need a drum, so why do the Barclay need one to get them singing and cheering the team on

They didn’t sing for the whole game, they did spend a lot of the game goading the Barclay and not watching the game 😉

• Like 1

Yeh snake pit was louder than usual today.

Barcley silent, despite absence of the drum I assume the same neanderthals are sat there.

Pathetic they need a drum to get them going. 

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where was the drum today by the way ?

He was In Southampton at uni apparently.

See not a hardcore fan as can't even come home for a game 😉

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

Part of the problem is the centre section of the Barclay, they now stand for the whole game but don’t make a sound, they also drown the noise out from the end of the Barclay that does sing,

Silence drowns out noise, whatever next ?

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh snake pit was louder than usual today.

Barcley silent, despite absence of the drum I assume the same neanderthals are sat there.

Pathetic they need a drum to get them going. 

Nail on the head !

I was disappointed last time I stood in the lower barclay area - and no, it wasn't that long ago - very few people actively trying to get the atmosphere going. I thought it would be a brilliant place to watch a match compared to the City Stand where I normally would go, but was disappointed.  Tbh, where I stood, a few people around me seemed a bit sozzled....maybe too much alcohol before a match doesn't help.

Too many people seem to turn up just expecting to be entertained instead of putting in a bit of effort. We've had this over the years - people need reminding they have to put in a bit of effort themselves sometimes. It's like people have lost the ability to get themselves motivated and rely on being spoon fed their entertainment.....321 etc......

Must try harder......

......ok, me too, I'll try harder to get to a game or two this season, but if I do get to CR this season, which I hope to do, I hope fans have got themselves a bit more motivated - and don't tell me you want the players to perform before you get excited - it works both ways. I've seen CR rocking and it's fantastic, but I've also seen it like a library too. Next time I spend £200 and two days travelling to get there and back to see a match, I would like a decent atmosphere!

47 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was disappointed last time I stood in the lower barclay area - and no, it wasn't that long ago - very few people actively trying to get the atmosphere going. I thought it would be a brilliant place to watch a match compared to the City Stand where I normally would go, but was disappointed.  Tbh, where I stood, a few people around me seemed a bit sozzled....maybe too much alcohol before a match doesn't help.

Too many people seem to turn up just expecting to be entertained instead of putting in a bit of effort. We've had this over the years - people need reminding they have to put in a bit of effort themselves sometimes. It's like people have lost the ability to get themselves motivated and rely on being spoon fed their entertainment.....321 etc......

Must try harder......

......ok, me too, I'll try harder to get to a game or two this season, but if I do get to CR this season, which I hope to do, I hope fans have got themselves a bit more motivated - and don't tell me you want the players to perform before you get excited - it works both ways. I've seen CR rocking and it's fantastic, but I've also seen it like a library too. Next time I spend £200 and two days travelling to get there and back to see a match, I would like a decent atmosphere!

I dont know if you were lower barclay this season but if it was a previous season, then I can almost guarantee without the drum it'll feel like a morgue! It's just how it is for whatever reason this season.

5 hours ago, Diane said:

Yeah we spoke about this.

I dont know why, is the honest answer. If we could work it out then fantastic.

In the meantime, get that drum in and make sure the lower barclay do contribute to the atmosphere because unfortunately just the snakepit making noise (for the first time in a while it has to be said) isn't enough to carry the ground. The snakepit along with the lower barclay together stand half a chance.

10 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

" but don’t make a sound, they also drown the noise "

Still not what I said

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah we spoke about this.

I dont know why, is the honest answer. If we could work it out then fantastic.

In the meantime, get that drum in and make sure the lower barclay do contribute to the atmosphere because unfortunately just the snakepit making noise (for the first time in a while it has to be said) isn't enough to carry the ground. The snakepit along with the lower barclay together stand half a chance.

Get a drum in the other stands as well 😉

8 hours ago, city4eva said:

Get a drum in the other stands as well 😉

Absoruddylutely i could not agree more. I just do not understand the moaning from those on this thread saying the drum and the music is too loud or noisy whatever so they cannot hold a conversation because i suspect these are the same people who never take their seat until 5 minutes befrore kick off.

• Like 1

I do love the elitist **** wombles around here.

Thought better of you Tilly.

Do we have a score card which we can box tick to rack up point.

That way we can better classify our fans out of a score of 50 then we can decide where they sit and if they conduct themselves properly.

We could even say if you score under 10 your not even allowed in!