1 minute ago, hogesar said:

No one is taking about 20 years ago or under Paul Lambert. The entire reason the drum exists this season is becauseĀ this season the atmosphere has been poor win or lose without the drum!

Blame your boy Dean Smith then.

Just now, Nexus_Canary said:

Blame your boy Dean Smith then.

I would if it wasn't for the fact that Wagners first home league game without the drum was also a terrible atmosphere.

I was a drum critic for sure, but I have to say that itā€™s been nice to haveĀ atmosphere generated throughout the game. Agree with Hoggy that itā€™s been deathly quiet atĀ times this year and back end of last, so while we are picking ourselves off the disappointment dirt as a fanbase, the drum helps in my view. If we can get to a season like that if Farkeā€™s first promotion then itā€™s not so essential, but for now it is. In a massively hypocritical wayĀ howeverĀ Iā€™d f***ing HATE if it was in my area

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Either your trolling or dumb as a rock.

Coming from the poster who fails to distinguish between you're and your on such a regular basis that's some accusation.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Coming from the poster who fails to distinguish between you're and your on such a regular basis that's some accusation.

Ah that old weak sauce.
Not got a valid argument so have to go back to grammar or typos.

Hit Alt+F4 mate.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

17 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ah that old weak sauce.
Not got a valid argument so have to go back to grammar or typos.

Hit Alt+F4 mate.

Oh don't worry, shall leave you to embarrassing yourself online for as long as you like šŸ˜…

So just to be clear.Ā 

Carrow Road is too noisy . PeopleĀ are getting headaches.

The lights are too bright (see ā€œnoiseā€ above)Ā 

The pyrotechnics are killing the planet and should be stopped

People drink beer .Ā 

Adam Idah is the worst striker Norwich have ever had.Ā 

The ground isnā€™t as full as it might be and certainly not as full as the club say it is.Ā 

The empty seats in areas where the view is restricted is a disgrace and here is a photo to prove itĀ 

For fĆ¼ck sake . BĆ¼ggerĀ off and watch antiques Road show. Now that Fiona Bruce has got a lovely smile ainā€™t she?Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Fair play to City elite trying to literally ā€˜forceā€™Ā an atmosphere into the ground.Ā 

How can 20k plus be so silent? Thatā€™sĀ embarrassing and far more ā€˜tin potā€™ than anything else.

The players feed off a good atmosphere. No doubt about that. If you coffinĀ dodgers sit in silence and try to block good atmosphere initiatives, your only having a negative effect on the success of the side.Ā 

Stop winging, and appreciate the positive influence City elite and others are having.

Theyā€™re young lads trying to have a good time, and support our Football team. As I previously said, fair play to them. I support them wholeheartedly.

Ā 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 6

If people don't like the drum and they are paying good money to watch the football, then they shouldĀ  be allowed to complain about it. I rarely get to CR these days, but I know it would annoy me.Ā  I would liken it to sitting in the garden and someone is playing loud music somewhere nearby - it's irritating......someone enjoying themselves at the expense of someone else's enjoyment.

I don't doubt the drum can help the atmoshere times, but unfortunately, drummers being drummers, they don't know when to stop. Every match I've been to where there has been a drum booming around, it has appeared tin pot and annoying.

Imo whether a drum is allowed to be bashed at a match or not should be put to a poll - perhaps via an email to all season ticket holders. Some might think oh, live and let live and they are enjoying it, but imo no one person should be allowed to have such a big effect on people's enjoyment of a football match - and if people can't generate an atmosphere with their voices, then that is down to them.

• Thanks 1

Do we have to poll for everything in life now, including if a poxy drum is allowed in a football ground?

Look if you don't like noise, or don't swearing, or don't like people standing up when something exciting is about to happen, then perhaps a football ground isn't for you.

I sometimes wish we could go back to the 70s and 80s rather than this wokefest šŸ˜‰

Ā 

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If people don't like the drum and they are paying good money to watch the football, then they shouldĀ  be allowed to complain about it. I rarely get to CR these days, but I know it would annoy me.Ā  I would liken it to sitting in the garden and someone is playing loud music somewhere nearby - it's irritating......someone enjoying themselves at the expense of someone else's enjoyment.

I don't doubt the drum can help the atmoshere times, but unfortunately, drummers being drummers, they don't know when to stop. Every match I've been to where there has been a drum booming around, it has appeared tin pot and annoying.

Imo whether a drum is allowed to be bashed at a match or not should be put to a poll - perhaps via an email to all season ticket holders. Some might think oh, live and let live and they are enjoying it, but imo no one person should be allowed to have such a big effect on people's enjoyment of a football match - and if people can't generate an atmosphere with their voices, then that is down to them.

Nah. If people don't like it then so what? Not everything in life gets to be exactly the way you want it. Football grounds = crowds. I don't like people that smell of Bovril but I don't have the right to complain about them.Ā There's plenty more seats away from the drum. I stand two blocks away in the same stand as the drum and it's hardly a huge problem. What about when you travel away and the home team has a drum? Do you get to complain and get a refund?Ā 

• Like 1

It's supposed to be a football stadium for lord's sake. Noisy, full of celebration, angst and emotion. I appreciate the crowd at Carrow Road have had precious little to celebrate in recent months, but the video highlights of Nunez's goal summed it up for me, he lashes in a once-a-career volley from outside the box and the next camera shot is of the Riverside end just clapping away, quite a few miserable old boys aren't even smiling! It's an absolute belter ofĀ a goal, there should be jumping around and madness!Ā 

The very need of a drum to get an atmosphere is just further proof that a stadium expansion and some new blood in the ground is woefully overdue. Need to get more people through the turnstiles who are excited and pumped up to be getting into Carrow Road to see the lads giving it their all, not the same old bunch of coffin dodgers just going because it's "what they've always done" who cant muster up the enthusiasm to sing or get behind the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of the worst things about football is a sh1t, flat, quiet atmosphere. Remember when ACN were doing the whole ā€˜yellow wallā€™ initiative with flags and such like a few seasons ago?! Absolutely brilliant. I feel Covid has some part of play in all this as well as a crap PL attempt and SmithBall. But I believe the atmosphere can return if people continue to try. Those cynically berating those that do really need to go and do something else if it bothers them that much. Whole point of a football match is to be vocally support your team not idly sit there in silence. You can go to your local library for free if thatā€™s your thing.Ā 

• Like 3

'but unfortunately, drummers being drummers, they don't know when to stop. '

Bit harsh on drummers! That's our main job! Start and finish the song and keep everyone else in check. Make them look good!

It's pretty obvious the only real problem with the drum is that it's a drum (singular) What we clearly need are more drums! For all future games any empty seats will replaced with a drummer. Is there anyway percussion can be in corporated into the new safe standing rails? Shouldn't be too hard to put some cowbell mounts in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a slight aside, currently at Bramall Lane, forĀ matches other than Championship onesĀ where season tickets don't apply, their "Kop" is only licenced for half the seats (the front half) to be filled, because of persistent standing and some supporters standing in other season ticket holders seats. This is driven by safety concerns on the part of the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG). As a result their FA Cup match against Spurs will not be at full capacity despite demand being their for tickets.Ā 

What is the latest at Carrow Road?Ā To bang that drum the guy has to stand up doesn't he?Ā Have the local SAG in Norwich taken their eye off the ball, or are they relying on the fact the fans are relatively docile, even when standing?

If the only problem was the drum?Ā 

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do we have to poll for everything in life now, including if a poxy drum is allowed in a football ground?

Look if you don't like noise, or don't swearing, or don't like people standing up when something exciting is about to happen, then perhaps a football ground isn't for you.

I sometimes wish we could go back to the 70s and 80s rather than this wokefest šŸ˜‰

Ā 

šŸ’Æ % this. Not to be vocal , should be a crime at football match. You have to support gee up the players . It really sounds like reading some threads that the atmosphere is absolute shƬt at carrow road. Cmon guys get a grip and let's start behaving like passionate football supporters.Ā  You don't have to be 20 to 30 to do this. Old Boys like me 72 have still got fire šŸ”„ in them . When I watch the games on TV in Brazil , I'm a little embarrassed,Ā  because it never used to be like that at football grounds.

That ground should have been rocking when Nunez scored that worldie. Wake up and get vocal for wagner and the boys.

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah. If people don't like it then so what? Not everything in life gets to be exactly the way you want it. Football grounds = crowds. I don't like people that smell of Bovril but I don't have the right to complain about them.Ā There's plenty more seats away from the drum. I stand two blocks away in the same stand as the drum and it's hardly a huge problem. What about when you travel away and the home team has a drum? Do you get to complain and get a refund?Ā 

šŸ’Æ % this. Hoggy. Let's get noisy. šŸ‘šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£āœ…ļø

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You play instruments Lakey, come and play electric guitar with the drummer to make it even better.Ā 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

It's supposed to be a football stadium for lord's sake. Noisy, full of celebration, angst and emotion. I appreciate the crowd at Carrow Road have had precious little to celebrate in recent months, but the video highlights of Nunez's goal summed it up for me, he lashes in a once-a-career volley from outside the box and the next camera shot is of the Riverside end just clapping away, quite a few miserable old boys aren't even smiling! It's an absolute belter ofĀ a goal, there should be jumping around and madness!Ā 

The very need of a drum to get an atmosphere is just further proof that a stadium expansion and some new blood in the ground is woefully overdue. Need to get more people through the turnstiles who are excited and pumped up to be getting into Carrow Road to see the lads giving it their all, not the same old bunch of coffin dodgers just going because it's "what they've always done" who cant muster up the enthusiasm to sing or get behind the team.

I think the drum comes in handy for folk who need something to whine about when we win.

Btw do they have a drum at the golf? šŸ™ƒ

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You play instruments Lakey, come and play electric guitar with the drummer to make it even better.Ā 

Two wrongs don't make a right..........

I'm with the person who suggested a band, like a brass band, like they had at a tennis tournament in Glasgow recently to liven it up. By the very nature of it, they can only play so muchĀ  before they get tired, so it is more intermittent than some gormless drummer bashing a drum for 90 minutes.

(yes they had one at a tennis tournament, it played in between games)

Edited by lake district canary

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Two wrongs don't make a right..........

I'm with the person who suggested a band, like a brass band, like they had at a tennis tournament in Glasgow recently to liven it up. By the very nature of it, they can only play so muchĀ  before they get tired, so it is more intermittent than some gormless drummer bashing a drum for 90 minutes.

(yes they had one at a tennis tournament, it played in between games)

So you prefer silence over the drum?

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

LDC you post a lot of trash on here but this one exceeds even your low standards. A poll of season ticket holders, what planet are you on? As you say you rarely go to C R. So please justify the relevance of your views for those of us season ticket holders who are there?

If you think I am some young un having a go, then think again, I would wage good money I am older than you. The drum helps. I do not take in its individual noise but I do appreciate the atmosphere it creates. With 5 tense minutes to go it would normally be quiet but with much of the ground clapping and chanting it helpedĀ push the boys over the line on Tuesday. If we were nervous that would translate onto the pitch, but the drum helped us participate positvely in those crucial moments.

It would be great if we could create the atmoshere and noise on our own, but experience tells me otherwise.

OTBC

For those criticizing other fans for not making noise in other stands I think a lot would like to. But from my own experience buying casual tickets whenever I've tried to get aĀ song going or make some noise in those stands people rarely joinĀ in and you often get looks or disapproving comments from people. I think we need an injection of fresh faces into the other stands regardless of their age. It's not so much a generalized age thing because a lot of the shouts from the other stands often seem to start from older members and fair play to them for trying but from my experience but when I'm surrounded by a sea of grey haired people who give me funny looks it seems like I'm being judged for disturbing their peace and quiet by reserved fansĀ and they prefer to sit their comfortably sipping their drink and watching the game in peace and quiet.Ā 

Again I'm not saying it's because we have too many old people in the other stands because sometimes it seems like whenever people do join in it's often some older fan, but we have far too many who are just there for the day out and prefer the watch the game in peace and quiet. I'm thinking it's more a people who have been watching for 20+ years who are bored of it all now and a bit complacencyĀ problem than an age thing but we could really do with reducing casual prices in some stands and getting some fresh faces in.Ā 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Except that if someoneā€™s listening to music in their garden loudly while youā€™re having a sunbathe or whatever thereā€™s some level of warranted ā€˜I didnā€™t expect thisā€™, but wouldĀ you go to a house party and ask the hostĀ to turn off the music? Course not, if you donā€™t like it then you donā€™t go again.Ā 

Drummers beingĀ drummers, they donā€™t know when to stop?Ā Nothing like having a sweeping statement to invalidate your argument a bit, hoping it was tongue in cheek unless youā€™ve just been unfortunate to play in bandsĀ with nothing but crap drummers, but be met plenty they know exactly when to stop.Ā 

As I said in another post, Iā€™d not like it being right behind me, but the majority of the Barclay affected seem well up for it, so itā€™s all good.Ā