The fact there are supporters who actively try to keep the atmosphere going is great news. 

Groups like city elite et al are good for the club and from my seat in the morgue Riverend, it is noticeable that they start and maintain most of the chanting/singing now. Even the Snakepit has eased off and they use to be equal to the Barclay (in my opinion)

I haven't sat close to the drum, but then again if you go into that area you should know what you're getting

Edited by East Rider
  • Like 2

We either want an atmosphere or we don’t, and it’s obvious that most of the time we’re incapable of generating one without a bit of help.

Personally, no drum. It just gives me a headache, and frankly some games are bad enough they can give me headaches. 

But as they are allowed to bang away, good luck to them, but this is my grip. 

The drum should be used to create/start the atmosphere not be the atmosphere. 

Drummer Boys, once you have the song started, STOP DRUMMING and enjoy the beauty of the human voice bellowing what you have created. 

You will have more energy to keep drumming and no doubt create a better atmosphere! 

18 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Personally, no drum. It just gives me a headache, and frankly some games are bad enough they can give me headaches. 

But as they are allowed to bang away, good luck to them, but this is my grip. 

The drum should be used to create/start the atmosphere not be the atmosphere. 

Drummer Boys, once you have the song started, STOP DRUMMING and enjoy the beauty of the human voice bellowing what you have created. 

You will have more energy to keep drumming and no doubt create a better atmosphere! 

Gives you a headache ???

Make sure you take Aspirins with you

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Whatever next, the shirts are a too brighter shade of yellow and give some people a headache ?

I don't think we've ever agreed as much as we are on this thread! I think some fans think they're going to the theatre as opposed to a football match.

Good on them. At least they are actively trying to create an atmosphere. Not sit in silence like the NFN's who make up 95% of the home support, may aswell not be there.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

Oh god city elite beer drinking yoot club shandy at half time.

I feel there is a pocket of the fan base going mental loving the drum down on the lower barcley with most others just rolling thier eyes.

Biggest issue is that it's false atmosphere for me.

The drum bangs and the elite sing a song that no one else can get behind or wants to get behind (ironically becoming elitist) it's half **** and you can't even hear what they are singing half the time as it sounds more like "beh beh beh beh" clap clap clap.

Hate it think it's tin pot and feel it will burn out in time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Oh god city elite beer drinking yoot club shandy at half time.

I feel there is a pocket of the fan base going mental loving the drum down on the lower barcley with most others just rolling thier eyes.

Biggest issue is that it's false atmosphere for me.

The drum bangs and the elite sing a song that no one else can get behind or wants to get behind (ironically becoming elitist) it's half **** and you can't even hear what they are singing half the time as it sounds more like "beh beh beh beh" clap clap clap.

Hate it think it's tin pot and feel it will burn out in time.

Yeah, how dare some fans try and start an atmosphere?! At a FOOTBALL GROUND OF ALL PLACES?!?

I'd understand if they were being anti-social or rude to other fans but all I've seen is them really try to improve the atmosphere home & away and...succeed!

One thing I'm curious about...Have City Elite sat in the Barclay for a while and now and been granted permission to bring in a drum, or have they been allocated seats by the club recently?

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

For me it’s the fact it’s a drum - it’s monotonous.  I used to go to Hillsborough a fair bit in the 90s and they did it properly with their ‘band’.  If we had something more akin to that I’d be more on board.

Anything other than a full symphony orchestra is tinpot. 😉

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, how dare some fans try and start an atmosphere?! At a FOOTBALL GROUND OF ALL PLACES?!?

I'd understand if they were being anti-social or rude to other fans but all I've seen is them really try to improve the atmosphere home & away and...succeed!

That's the point it doesn't improve the atmosphere imho.

To quote Mr Partridge

"That's just noise"

15 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Anything other than a full symphony orchestra is tinpot. 😉

Obviously , but we need to keep it realistic.I forget what the Wednesday band had/has. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Now beer drinking has been brought into it hoggy so whenever did that become a thing at football ? I blame the parents.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

How can a drum give you a headache? By that logic people would never go and see a live band.

I feel the clear differential here is rhythm and that drum is no finely tuned instrument. 

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Drummer The Muppets GIF - Drummer The Muppets Animal ...

City Elite caught on CCTV at a practise session.

At least that kit has a cowbell.

More cowbell!

• Like 1

Just to add the new floodlights came up trumps last night. I now getter a significantly better illuminated view from the Upper Barclay to the Riverend. Superb view of Nacho's volley.

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

That's the point it doesn't improve the atmosphere imho.

To quote Mr Partridge

"That's just noise"

Unfortunately that's demonstrably untrue. 

For anyone with the time to do so it wouldn't take much to compare any home game with a drum vs without. Best pick two wins or two losses to make it fair. Take the radio Norfolk commentary.

I dont know anyone actually at the football around us who doesn't acknowledge that the drum hasn't just improved the atmosphere, it's drastically improved it. If you sit in the lower barclay and think otherwise, I'd love to hear from you.

If it’s the same drummer as at Wigan, he or she just didn’t seem to be very good, couldn’t keep a steady rhythm. Mind you, whoever it was was better than I would have been!

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unfortunately that's demonstrably untrue. 

For anyone with the time to do so it wouldn't take much to compare any home game with a drum vs without. Best pick two wins or two losses to make it fair. Take the radio Norfolk commentary.

I dont know anyone actually at the football around us who doesn't acknowledge that the drum hasn't just improved the atmosphere, it's drastically improved it. If you sit in the lower barclay and think otherwise, I'd love to hear from you.

LOL w.e 

Been going for 20 years and the atmosphere was at its peek probably around the Paul Lambert period. Way better than with that tin pot tub thumping.

We totally disagree (as uaual) leave it at that pal

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

How about putting the drum in whichever stand was quietest at the last game?

Drummer would get beat to death with flat caps and thermos in the Library. 

14 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

How about putting the drum in whichever stand was quietest at the last game?

Now that is a great idea🤣

• Thanks 1

I dont like the drum or them corrugated clapper things. Very irritating. 
I dont like quiet stadiums either. 
I do like exciting football and then we dont need drums, cardboard clappers etc. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

LOL w.e 

Been going for 20 years and the atmosphere was at its peek probably around the Paul Lambert period. Way better than with that tin pot tub thumping.

We totally disagree (as uaual) leave it at that pal

No one is taking about 20 years ago or under Paul Lambert. The entire reason the drum exists this season is because this season the atmosphere has been poor win or lose without the drum!

• Like 2