So sorry but am I the only fan who finds it very annoying. I’m at the other end of the ground and it still gives me a headache, goodness knows what it’s like in the Barclay.

• Like 2

Without it there would be no atmosphere. I like it although I would want to sit right next to it ( I am in lower Barclay)

maybe wouldnt need it if the other 3 stands sung up

• Like 3

I think it's great. Really helps to get the songs started and build the atmosphere. Long may it continue!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Without it there would be no atmosphere. I like it although I would want to sit right next to it ( I am in lower Barclay)

maybe wouldnt need it if the other 3 stands sung up

The atmosphere is fine without when we are doing well, and it always goes missing when we aren’t (in a game) so what is the point. It’s crap.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

I watched it on the red button last night and it was extremely off-putting and annoying, maybe it was too close to the cameras/mics? 

If thats what we want though I'll bring a vuvuzela along. The only thing more annoying was when my little sister started learning the recorder *shudders*

• Haha 1

It’s not the end of the world but it’s a bit embarrassing when the guy is doing all his beats and still no one can produce any noise 

Yes it can be annoying but what I find more irritating is the repetitive chants from the crowd.I turned off the sound last night while watching the game.
Haven't got a clue what the crowd were chanting but it just went on and on and on.
I am all for the crowd trying to bring some atmosphere to the ground but please lets have some variation.

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1

I manage to tune it out but the guy I go to matches with is driven nuts by it. 

I can't say I'm keen but at 2-I with 5 minutes left last night it definitely helped. 

• Like 1

The players and manager have said on more than one occasion that they need the fans in terms of atmosphere, gives them a boost.  City Elite and the drum are generally making noise all game, if they weren't there, we'd have a couple of half hearted OTBC chants and thats about it. I noticed towards the end of last nights games, more of the crowd were joining in with clapping to the chanting, even the River end.

He’s certainly no Ginger Baker or Ringo and last night seem very repetitive but at least at times it gets the crowd going

Job to sleep through it though during the boring parts of the game

Keep it up

3 minutes ago, daly said:

He’s certainly no Ginger Baker or Ringo and last night seem very repetitive but at least at times it gets the crowd going

Job to sleep through it though during the boring parts of the game

Keep it up

Perhaps he takes requests? Someone shout Free Bird a him next game.

I'm lower Barclay in C block and its just about bareable.
I had sat in E Block a couple of matches when it was just behind me, found it really intrusive and loud.

I'm all for a better atmosphere but not sure this is the way forward, before we know it we're going full on brass band or those Vuvuaalas which I think ruined the SA world cup.

Can I also have a moan about the South Stand Floodlights, I'm in the upper river end and I wear varifocal glasses and found the lights too bright and dazzling.

12 minutes ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

Can I also have a moan about the South Stand Floodlights, I'm in the upper river end and I wear varifocal glasses and found the lights too bright and dazzling.

This has been on going since the beginning of the season, I’m yet to see any reply  to all the complaints 

Jesus, have any of you been to the home games without the drum this season? It's been an absolute morgue.

I'm not a massive fan of the drum itself but I'm a huge fan of the atmopshere it helps generate. Literally compare any home game with or without the drum and the noise levels from the fans are absolutely terrible without.

City Elite are doing a fantastic job, without the drum this season we'd all be sitting in silence. We have actual evidence of it this season. 

Those in other stands that are complaining about it - maybe if you were all making some noise and getting behind the team the drum would never have even been a concept?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

The atmosphere is fine without when we are doing well, and it always goes missing when we aren’t (in a game) so what is the point. It’s crap.

It's really not been fine this season. Any game without the drum has been silence.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's really not been fine this season. Any game without the drum has been silence.

I wasn’t there last night, but the drum hasn’t made any discernible difference at all in any game I’ve been to. Other than being annoying.

For me it’s the fact it’s a drum - it’s monotonous.  I used to go to Hillsborough a fair bit in the 90s and they did it properly with their ‘band’.  If we had something more akin to that I’d be more on board.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I wasn’t there last night, but the drum hasn’t made any discernible difference at all in any game I’ve been to. Other than being annoying.

For me it’s the fact it’s a drum - it’s monotonous.  I used to go to Hillsborough a fair bit and they did it properly with their ‘band’.  If we had something more akin to that  I’d be more on board.

I'd be more than happy without the drum as we've coped every other season but I don't know if it's the fact that Lower Barclay - typically more away fans - used to drum - now can't cope without or what..But my season ticket is Lower Barclay and I can with 100% certainty say that without the drum the atmosphere has literally been dead without the drum. My mate hates the drum but always says "without it this season we've been silent though". He's not wrong.

1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

Yes it can be annoying but what I find more irritating is the repetitive chants from the crowd.I turned off the sound last night while watching the game.
Haven't got a clue what the crowd were chanting but it just went on and on and on.
I am all for the crowd trying to bring some atmosphere to the ground but please lets have some variation.

Oh I mentioned the crowd three times in that post.

This is a new one. The crowd at the game ruining your tv viewing experience by singing the same song for too long a duration? What the flying f*ck is football turning into...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is a new one. The crowd at the game ruining your tv viewing experience by singing the same song for too long a duration? What the flying f*ck is football turning into...

Yeah, bit weird.

I watched on TV and had the opposite view, thought the noise they were making came through really well. Fed up of it always being the away fans you can hear and not us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I manage to tune it out but the guy I go to matches with is driven nuts by it. 

I can't say I'm keen but at 2-I with 5 minutes left last night it definitely helped. 

Definitely helped for the last 10 minutes. Made the end of the game enjoyable rather than nervous clock watching and a longing for the final whistle.

I also tune it out but like the atmosphere it generates. Going to games with soulless atmosphere is pants.

Seems that most of the whinges are coming from those watching on TV.

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe they’re hoping for the Covid levels of crowd retention… :  D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Yes I have to say the constant chant (as opposed to a song) did get on my nerves.

I prefer the continental way,with drums and loud hailers.Those guys do manage to inject some atmosphere into the ground

I am beginning to wonder why some people bother to go after reading some of the comments on here this morning and as for those moaning about it from the comfort of their armchair please have a word with yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Those in other stands that are complaining about it - maybe if you were all making some noise and getting behind the team the drum would never have even been a concept?

So if the other stands atmosphere isn't good / acceptable why isn't the drum in there to improve it?

Not that im a fan, but surely that makes more sense?

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am beginning to wonder why some people bother to go after reading some of the comments on here this morning and as for those moaning about it from the comfort of their armchair please have a word with yourselves.

I just did and came to the conclusion that it was ok to voice an opinion that might not meet with the approval of some on here.

• Haha 1