mastoola

Is Idah the worst striker to ever play for Norwich?

I thought he did ok tonight. Top save from Ruddy for his main chance, brilliant headed pass to Kenny for the one that got cleared off the line and a number of powerful runs which kept their defence occupied 

His touch needs to improve and he needs to be more instinctive but he needs some game time to improve those things. Personally I feel he’s a fair bit away from being a top striker but the raw ingredients are there and he has to be worth cultivating.

As for the OP, well not worth answering. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't be as bad for going offside as Ade Akinbiyi, right? Thought "offside" was his middle name.

If I remember correctly the Leicester fans gave him the nickname Ade Akinbadbuy

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

If I remember correctly the Leicester fans gave him the nickname Ade Akinbadbuy

Someone called him  Ade Panick-Buyii - when he was bought late in a window I think 

• Haha 1

Albeit a **** poor finish from McLean and Adam gets another assist from a hard working performance.

Probably the easiest chance of the game.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Albeit a **** poor finish from McLean and Adam gets another assist from a hard working performance.

Harsh on McLean. Felt the ball was just out of his hitting zone so he got a toe end on it at full stretch and I think did well to beat Ruddy to it and post it through him, the power lacking was the issue. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Harsh on McLean. Felt the ball was just out of his hitting zone so he got a toe end on it at full stretch and I think did well to beat Ruddy to it and post it through him, the power lacking was the issue. 

Kenny had a good game tonight . Did well considering his early yellow. Great ball in for our second . 

• Like 3

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Kenny had a good game tonight . Did well considering his early yellow. Great ball in for our second . 

Agree. Sprayed balls around really well from deep in the first half 

• Like 2

Firstly, every minute Chris Brown played for us was torturous to watch. But I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Koroma who probably had the worst half an hour I've ever seen away at Coventry.

Secondly, Idah looks exactly like a young striker who hasn't learned the physical contest yet. He will in time, but with Pukki and Sargent waiting to come back in this is something he doesn't have. I'd suggest that missing EFL loan is absolutely the missing piece in his development. Still, he worked hard and showed some good touches (cushioned header for McLean an underrated skill) and we won 3-1- no issues from me.

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I'm no fan but, no, he is not the worst.

Threads like this for current squad players are unhelpful and unecessary, especially after a decent home victory from a team in which he played.

It's how some on here celebrate wins😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mastoola said:

I can not think of anyone worse.

Typical Norwich fan, very quick to slag a player off. Idah is a young player learning his craft. 50 + appearances but majority of those are as a late substitute. I thought he was excellent tonight, worked hard for the team. He may not be getting the goals yet but that will come. 

• Like 2

🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼

Have a moan, have a moan Norwich City,

Have a moan, have a moan I say

Have a moan, have a moan Norwich City

It’s supporting, the Norwich way

I said two years ago that he looks league one level. Has lots of good physical attributes but they don’t quite come together and make a reliable striker. Reminds me of Ryan Jarvis who was forever the next big thing after a good goal against Liverpool but then never quite got there. 
He’s no longer young and this is a make and break moment for him- he has to start scoring. Might he be better as a CB?

Give the lad a chance but What worries me is the sounds out of carrow rd that he is being lined up as the natural Pukki replacement. Hence the 5yr contract. That would be worrying indeed and as others have said he has done nothing to merit the praise or contract….yet 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, mastoola said:

I can not think of anyone worse.

Show me someone that has only just started supporting City.

Cannot believe this Topic. I thought we had good supporters. Give Adam Idah a run. Get behind him. Hope he gets some luck. Get behind him. Support him.

Wouldn't want another Carlton Morris would we. Leave's us and then shines.

I do hope you moaners have played a good standard of football yourselves

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Cannot believe this Topic. I thought we had good supporters. Give Adam Idah a run. Get behind him. Hope he gets some luck. Get behind him. Support him.

Wouldn't want another Carlton Morris would we. Leave's us and then shines.

I do hope you moaners have played a good standard of football yourselves

Agree with a lot of this. Not sure why we have to keep calling out some of our players when things aren't quite going their way. Put the energy in positively rather than constantly negative stuff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monty13 said:

He’s very raw, he needs to work on his anticipation and decision making in particular, but he really showed his worth second half holding up the ball and working really hard. It’s still very early days, think that was his 13th start for us.

What he really needs is a season away, possibly League 1 where he is a starter week in, week out. The club has held onto him for various reasons, which hasn’t aided his development. 

9 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Someone called him  Ade Panick-Buyii - when he was bought late in a window I think 

I'm pretty sure transfer windows didn't really exist at this point.

I don't mind a thread about our worst signings etc but not one based on pointlessly attacking a current young player. 

Also you are wrong. 

Putting the tool into mastoola methinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ultimately Idah is a striker and as such will always be judged on his goal scoring

A great save is still a bad finish. Strikers Job is to make sure the keepers can't save it.

Spent a lot of time offside last night and his first touch is found wanting often in encouraging positions. Hes young but hes not a kid hes got to start delivering a more regular end product. 

I thought personally he was much better second half where most of the team fell away he improved from his poor first half and held the ball up better. 

Cant help feeling a fully fit Pukki would of had a field day especially first half against what was a very very average Birmingham. Just a far more intelligent player.

13 hours ago, mastoola said:

Born in a house on next to the stadium mate   much more norwich than you will ever be

Where about were you were born?. Funnily enough last night I had a wander past the house I was born in as I had a bit of time on my hands, I was born in a house on King St, bang opposite where Reads flour mill used to be.........

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Couldn't agree less.

The OP reeks of “How to say you’re Pukki’s agent, without saying you’re Pukki’s agent” (. )(. )

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

What worries me is the sounds out of carrow rd that he is being lined up as the natural Pukki replacement. Hence the 5yr contract.

I don't see it as anything like that.  The 5 year deal is probably as much about finances as it is on-field tactics and Wagner already told us that he likes to work with 3 main strikers.

Securing one of those 3, a young player who has physical qualities on a modest wage is good business sense if the opportunity is there. Idah and agent clearly happy to commit too.

I really can't see what there is to worry about, personally.