And Burnley equalised against Watford in the 95th minute, so we go above Watford if we win our game in hand.

EDIT: And Bali Mumba got another assist.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

The most pathetic match thread in the history of match threads. You plastics need to do better 😉.

Much pant wetting to the dropping of Teemu when it's obvious he isn't the future. Sargent and Idah might not be either, but we have to start somewhere.

Probably our most dominant home performance of the season.

OTBC

• Like 1

During our promotion season under Worthington, Euan Roberts became a bit of a super sub, 15-20 minutes to go in the game became 'Euan Time'.

Maybe in the last part of this season 15-20 minutes to go could become 'Teemu Time'? 

Idah had a very good game. Sargent scored.

But let’s not kid ourselves. If City produce that number of crosses and through balls in every match for the rest of the season, then Pukki is the only player in our squad who could take maximum advantage.

If last night’s performance can be maintained, then any right-back facing the pace of Giannoulis, Hernandez and Idah could be in for a torrid time.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

During our promotion season under Worthington, Euan Roberts became a bit of a super sub,

That's not how you spell Iwan.

8 hours ago, percy varco said:

If Pukki is injured he should not be straight back starting when he is fit

Couldn't disagree more. I would start Pukki over Idah every time. I thought Idah did ok yesterday but nothing more and his clumsy touches on the ball early in the game showed he needs to sharpen his game up, which will happen with game time. I'm not convinced by him that he'll ever reach the heights many tout him with. Time will tell 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least Kenny has drive. Sara and Dowell don't

This didn't age well...

Although, being honest, I thought Kenny had a much better second half.

26 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Couldn't disagree more. I would start Pukki over Idah every time. I thought Idah did ok yesterday but nothing more and his clumsy touches on the ball early in the game showed he needs to sharpen his game up, which will happen with game time. I'm not convinced by him that he'll ever reach the heights many tout him with. Time will tell 

I couldn't disagree more either but only because...... Neither of them should start.. would should happen is Idah and pukki both on the bench, push Sara into the number 10 role and then Gibbs into midfield. 👍

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's not how you spell Iwan.

How do you spell Ewan? 😉

54 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Well like you said he needs game time. He might never reach the heights but we just gave him a long contract so people obviously think he’s got something.

I’m not sure I’d play him over Pukki as a straight choice, but he’s here for the long term and needs a run of games.

Sargent proved again last night why he can be equally deadly at this level. It’s nice we aren’t 100% reliant on Pukki.

54 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Idah should, at last, have reached that stage where he has finally realised the so-called 'potential' that has been attributed to him for so long now. 

Last night was perhaps the big moment then, replacing an icon. He has had a few near moments before, as we know.

What did we get? A decent and at times powerful display with some energetic movement. Clearly, he unsettled the Hull defence at times. He also missed a sitter and looked uncertain at times when in dangerous positions. He's no natural goal-getter. I would never expect 20+ Championship goals a season from Adam Idah.

A decent 7/10 then, with the jury still out. What's new?

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

How do you spell Ewan? 😉

Reminds me of the time I went to a book signing for Spike Milligan. The guy in front of me said "Please put 'To Seamus'". Spike did that and the guy said "That's not how I spell it", SM then wrote Seamus in about 10 different ways and said "Just tick one". 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Pukki is the past. Idah, as you say, needs game time. 
Build for the future not long for the past. 
I thought Dowell slowed the game more than Idah. 

14 minutes ago, percy varco said:

Dowell now has to adjust his game, as does the whole team, for not having Teemu in the team. It will take time and games.

I ambled down to Carra with pensive thoughts.....and at cease of play, I walked home with a smile and spring in my step.....

It was a tad concerning seeing again the amount of vacant seats around the ground and with it being half-term and all that ....Although hopefully a resurgence of results will start putting derrieres back on those vacant plastic pews....

4 hours ago, percy varco said:

The question remains that despite Idahs strong physical build and certain attributes which make him look like a decent striker, he has a lot to work on. No doubt Pukki is older, but he is the only chance starting him we would get into the playoffs. Without him not sure whether having Sargeant / Idah would be enough. What are people's opinions of Gunn last night? Didn't look overly confident, hopefully it's just a confidence thing which he shakes off.

Edited by jaberry2

There was a lot of question over Pukki being dropped for Idah the other night, but I think was the good decision by Wagner. Pukki has been a legendary player for us but I’m afraid if he does sign the new contract I can only really see him warming the bench next season. If we fail to get promoted we’re also not going to have much to spend on a replacement for him this summer and so Wagner needs to get Idah going, hence why he was offered a new contract. Idah needs game time and so I think Wagner should be playing him regularly, as I no longer see Pukki as quite an important player to us as he has been in previous seasons

Edited by HazzaJet

It'll be interesting going forward to see if he tries Pukki with Idah instead of Sargent or if there is some general rotation between the trio.

Disappointing that a player of Pukki's experience took a shot, after sitting around for an hour, before warming up properly thus injuring himself! Maybe he was just helping the manager out 😉😆?

From the managers cam video you can see that he must have been having treatment as he didn't get back into his seat straight away. Let's hope it was just a tweak! 🙏🏻

Hmm, my last post was a bit in jest, but Wagner at his presser says he is out for the Wigan match as well, perhaps it is a bit more serious. Well Idah and Sarge have a chance to build a profitable partnership now!

Maybe Pukki has indicated in some way he won't renew his contract, and thus Wagner has made it clear he'll give game time to Sarg & Idah (& the injury news is a smokescreen)?????

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Maybe Pukki has indicated in some way he won't renew his contract, and thus Wagner has made it clear he'll give game time to Sarg & Idah (& the injury news is a smokescreen)?????

I’d like to think not. If Pukki does go then he has everyone’s blessing and the club would be silly not to at least have him in the squad if he wasn’t genuinely injured. He has a chance to stay match sharp if he plays too. Just seems unlikely to me