Sign in to follow this  
Foxy2600

Grealish is a Cheat

Watch tonight, Grealish is a Cheat.

sad day for football- although MNC are up against AVL….why isn’t VAR exposing this? Why has he not got a Red card for simulation- CHEATING 

And that right there Lakey is why.  Its been normalised and should have been stamped out years ago. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry but all clubs have players that do this. Including us.

The ** is coining (conning) 180k a week out of the club! 
Yeah, fair enough. The more you winch out the Arabs…. But as a spectacle, that’s meant to be good old English footy, it’s a bit lame!

Hey, LDC, whom in our club does that? 

I mean, theatrical or what? 

VAR - sublimely indifferent …. Says it all really. As an ex-County Ref I’m appalled.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Against their boyhood team, that they played 213 games for? Really?

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There was contact albeit minimal. Agreed, I would expect the likes of Pukki and Sargent to go down and claim it and we would be shouting all kind of conspiracy theories if we didn't get it.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

There was contact albeit minimal. Agreed, I would expect the likes of Pukki and Sargent to go down and claim it and we would be shouting all kind of conspiracy theories if we didn't get it.

I have never disagreed with your balanced synopsis - however, you know what Grealish did was wrong!

For the sake of football this needs calling out.

17 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

While supporters everywhere can see what he’s done, the pundits will say he’s been clever

‘Gary Droning’ - “He’s hung out a leg, as he’s perfectly entitled to do” 

No - he’s Cheating mug!

Of course he's a cheat - to normal people.  Unfortunately the powers that be (including referees) like the idea of giving free kicks and penalties, and so they have determined that if player A runs up to player B, touches him, and throws himself to the ground, then player B has committed an offence and deserves to be punished.  Until the powers that be agree that being within touching difference of Grealish is not in itself an offence, he will keep doing it.

This is the reason ex-Professional footballers should have an input into VAR.

Referees at that level have a wonderful knowledge of the rules of the game but ex-pros have a wonderful knowledge of the players and playing the game.

The two are not the same and both the rules and the player's behaviour should be taken into consideration.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Todd may not have  played that many for us but he'd do it , against us. 😇

Grealish can fall over wherever he likes, it's down to VAR to tell the ref he was wrong, and it didn't. VAR is a great tool, it's just still continually being used so poorly in the EPL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

Hey, LDC, whom in our club does that? 

I mean, theatrical or what? 

VAR - sublimely indifferent …. Says it all really. As an ex-County Ref I’m appalled.

Hanley and Aaron’s, but I wouldn’t consider either of them cheats, just buying free kicks as would players from every other FL team.

15 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Given that Grealish dives against everyone, it would essentially be cheating if he didn't do it against Villa, wouldn't it? 😉

No mention of the decision on MOTD2 last night, and that's after they had a real go at VAR on Saturday night. Grealish should be ashamed of himself for doing it against his old club. Grealish's performance was too late for last night's Stage Awards, but surely he's in with a shout for the Oscars.

Vardy is a past master at the art of cheating to claim a penalty in the same way that Grealish did it.

Unfortunately all players do it,managers expect and instruct them to do it,everybody knows it happens and yet the ones that could have a big part in curtailing it are just not taking the responsibility .The Refs.

If they were to ignore some of this play-acting (they aren't stupid,they know when they are being conned) teams and managers would soon realise that playing with ten men while one lays crying on the turf can quite easily lose you matches.

All this concussion business and apparent broken limbs has got to a ridiculous point now.Only this weekend a game was stopped for a head injury but replays showed that the player didn't make any head to head contact he just hit his head on the grass but because he holds his head in his hands the ref deemed it was necessary to stop the game.As for all of this rolling,screaming and thumping the turf in apparent agony.Put them on a rugby pitch,they will soon find out what it feels like to be battered.

The only way to stamp this out is for the clubs to stop this business or the leagues to apply retro bans for simulation based on review of the games. But why we accept it is beyond me it’s cheating.