7. James - £0 (free agent)
  8. Sykes - £0 (free agent)
  9. Scott - £0 (youth)
  10. Bell - £0 (youth)
  11. Wells - £4.75m
  12. Mehmeti - £5m
  13. Cornick - "low six figures", lets call it £300k
  14. Weimann - £2m

£14.7m and yet, we're no better than them. We're no younger than them. We're 3 points apart in the table. 

I still can't quite get my head around how much money we've wasted on flops like Rashica and Tzolis, and how heads haven't rolled for it. The fees for those two alone exceed the amount transacted for Bristol City's entire squad.

Begs the question really, are we one of the most expensive mid-table sides in Championship history?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The honeymoon is over then. I do think Wagner is trying to build a team around Dowell, which started off quite well but appears to have fallen flat pretty quick.

Wagner said forget the past...but now he now knows this team is the past and the present and what a big rebuild is needed.

For those who have kept mentioning top 6 all season...forget it..we have 42 points so bottom 6 is  as relevant as top 6..more so in many ways. Looks a 2 or 3 season job to me, not just next season...and needs off the pitch Attanasio movement a well as on the pitch...huge amount of work ahead.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Wagner said forget the past...but now he now knows this team is the past and the present and what a big rebuild is needed.

For those who have kept mentioning top 6 all season...forget it..we have 42 points so bottom 6 is  as relevant as top 6..more so in many ways. Looks a 2 or 3 season job to me, not just next season...and needs off the pitch Attanasio movement a well as on the pitch...huge amount of work ahead.

Agreed, and in addition, replacing Webber 

• Like 1

I don't understand what people expected from Wagner.

Smith ripped the soul out of the team and club it's going to take time to rebuild the damage.

Just forget this season and try to enjoy the football.

Look forward to next year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Smith ripped the soul out of the team and club it's going to take time to rebuild the damage.

He certainly did but his appointment was an absolute disaster and never ever in a million years should he have been brought into our football club but the man who got him the job likewise in a million years will never admit he f***ked it up because his ego will not allow it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I don't understand what people expected from Wagner.

Just forget this season and try to enjoy the football.

Look forward to next year 

Try to enjoy the football? It's not exactly edge of your seats stuff, apart from our defending.

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Try to enjoy the football? It's not exactly edge of your seats stuff, apart from our defending.

Try....

Lol I said try 😂😂

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bristol City

1. O'Leary - £0 (youth)
  2. Tanner - £300k
  3. Atkinson - £1.6m
  4. Vyner - £0 (youth)
  5. Pring - £0 (youth)
  6. Williams - £725k
  9. Scott - £0 (youth)
  10. Bell - £0 (youth)
  11. Wells - £4.75m
  12. Mehmeti - £5m
  14. Weimann - £2m

£14.7m and yet, we're no better than them. We're no younger than them. We're 3 points apart in the table. 

I still can't quite get my head around how much money we've wasted on flops like Rashica and Tzolis, and how heads haven't rolled for it. The fees for those two alone exceed the amount transacted for Bristol City's entire squad.

Begs the question really, are we one of the most expensive mid-table sides in Championship history?

An even better example would be Luton who we've lost twice to this season. Their whole squad was assembled for under 5 million and now has a market value of 35 million. A very well run club indeed and you're right to ask why heads haven't been on the block.. 

• Like 2

Bristol City

1. O'Leary - £0 (youth)
  2. Tanner - £300k
  3. Atkinson - £1.6m
  4. Vyner - £0 (youth)
  5. Pring - £0 (youth)
  6. Williams - £725k
  9. Scott - £0 (youth)
  10. Bell - £0 (youth)
  11. Wells - £4.75m
  12. Mehmeti - £5m
  14. Weimann - £2m

But they weren’t in the Norwich team today, so how is that a realistic comparison?

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

But they weren’t in the Norwich team today, so how is that a realistic comparison?

I don't think I could have spelled out my point any clearer really...

But if you want to do it your way.... players involved today...

1. Gunn - £5m
  2. Aarons - Free (Youth)
  3. Omobamidele - Free (Youth)
  4. Hanley - £2.5m
  5. Giannoulis - £7m
  6. Dowell - £2m
  7. McLean - £200k
  8. Nunez - £3.5m
  9. Sara - £8m
  10. Sargent - £8m
  11. Pukki - £0 (free agent)
  12. Hernandez - £2.5
  13. Gibbs - Unknown compo
  14. Idah - Free (Youth)

Looking at £38.7m in transfer fees. Hope you get it now.

Please do tell me where Bristol City's £16m worth of deadwood is though, to render my Rashica and Tzolis mentions irrelevant?

I think it’s just a product of where the championship is these days that transfer fees at championship level are becoming a thing of the past. 

No one wanted to pay for Josh Martin in the summer. We gave Hugill away. The likes of Hernandez and Dowell will be available for free in the summer.

Bristol played like a team that weren't worth anything. Problem is we are so boring and stale because of our incompetent recruitment that we are giving these teams a chance to compete and beat us.

To be fair it's pointless comparing individual games as it's no different to an FA Cup upset. I guess the real test is where we both finish at the end of the season

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair it's pointless comparing individual games as it's no different to an FA Cup upset. I guess the real test is where we both finish at the end of the season

There is time to put a run of results together, but Wagner will do wonders to get a tune out of these players when we come up against good sides. Bristol are on a good run and we are still paper thin in confidence, so yesterday was no surprise. But we do have good players and there is hope that we can win a few games - and we are still in touch with the top six......just.