Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

We have been charged by the FA

Mr Stroud misses the handball and now puts a complaint in about us?!  What a class A ****.  Same idiot who dished out 6 cards to us vs stoke earlier in the season.  5 at the weekend... Loves to make himself known.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

Is that from our non-penalty?  If so that is pretty outrageous - the reaction looked pretty muted by comparison to some we’ve seen, particularly when it was a blatant miss from the ref.

• Like 2

Just to repeat what I have said for years. A ref makes a bad error and players pay the penalty.

• Like 7

Really wasn't anything bad from our players - certainly no worse than any big club getting a decision against them in the Prem every single week.

Stroud is a p*ss poor ref and maybe this is a way of covering for his continuous failure to do his job even vaguely well.

If it’s for the incident where we should have had a penalty but were only given a corner then I think they should look at it on the replay

Having watched the entire game I was bemused to read this headline. I reckon you see worse in every single PL game on a given weekend.

• Like 1

He kissed the ball.

Honestly. Professional referees are less competent that Conservative politicians. Every one of then needs sacking. Replace them with a randomly selected group of people and officiating would improve. It's an embarrassment.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He kissed the ball.

Honestly. Professional referees are less competent that Conservative politicians. Every one of then needs sacking. Replace them with a randomly selected group of people and officiating would improve. It's an embarrassment.

Oh yeah, he did kiss the ball.

The attention seeking tw*t. I forgot that particular embarrassing detail.

38 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He kissed the ball.

I'm sure by the end Wagner was asking him to kiss something else.

• Haha 1

It does seem it’s one of those where we’ll accept the charge, however ridiculous. The efl confirmed it’s a pen, everyone knows it was, the protest was muted in comparison to many, yet the charge is still there.

DW’s quote says it all - before answering the question about it he said “I have to give myself a second before I answer, so I look serious….” ie he/we think the charge is just taking the ****.

The annoying aspect is that at 0-3 it probably made no difference, but ‘could’ have done…who knows with 1/4 of the game to go the fillip of scoring might have reinvigorated the team (remember Forest). Of course back on planet earth we’d have probably missed….

Stroud didn’t even last one season on the Premier League list as he was so bad! Tells you all you need to know, and to make matters worse the EFL even confirmed he got the decision WRONG, but no charge for him is there?

Shows how stupid the people actually running football are sadly

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

Wagner said in this mornings presser that the EFL confirmed we should have been awarded a penalty.

If that is the case, we have nothing to answer for

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It does seem it’s one of those where we’ll accept the charge, however ridiculous.

The word "Charge" is odd though, Does it mean something that's on record as a rap on the knuckles, or actually a financial charge?

Whether the referee was right or wrong should be completely immaterial as to whether the club will be found or guilty or not-the decision should be based purely on the action of the players in confronting the referee. In the replays I’ve seen, there doesn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary so I would be surprised if the club was found guilty-but if that was the case I doubt they would have made the charge in the first place.

Unfortunately My Angry is right. It doesn't matter if the decision being complained about is right or wrong, it is the actions of the players thereafter that are the subject of the charge, which they will look at in isolation of the original decision.

I know this is one of a few subjects I bore people with, but this is where a strong leader would have taken control of this matter. Hanley in his own meek way did not, now the club will have to pay for his lack of leadership! It's another area of the game where he doesn't do enough (getting in the refs faces). Referees do not have a problem discussing their decisions with the captain, however vociferously that debate may be (Keane was quite good at this at ManUre). Such a shame our captain is Hanley ...

It’s quite right that the ‘rights and wrongs’ of the refereeing decision are irrelevant, the players are meant to behave professionally whatever.

I think what is irksome is that it definitely didn’t feel they went anything like over the top in their protestations - I’ve seen far, far worse.  The way of things is that we’ll probably admit to it and get a small fine, even though it’s garbage.

In another point, I think that’s an astonishing number of clear-cut penalties not given to us this season, starting with Max vs Wigan, where he was lucky not to have his leg snapped.

• Like 1