Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Timm Klose... Webber successor?

Heard from a Bristol City fan that Timm Klose intends to retire at the end of the season (effectively now, as he's left earlier) as he intends to pursue a career as a Director of Football.

I wonder if he could come on board at Norwich in some capacity while he progresses with that? Assume this means a Masters degree as they offer study in things like this now. Can't be too fussed about going back to Germany otherwise wouldn't have ended up in the Championship again with Bristol City would he.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Heard from a Bristol City fan that Timm Klose intends to retire at the end of the season (effectively now, as he's left earlier) as he intends to pursue a career as a Director of Football.

I wonder if he could come on board at Norwich in some capacity while he progresses with that? Assume this means a Masters degree as they offer study in things like this now. Can't be too fussed about going back to Germany otherwise wouldn't have ended up in the Championship again with Bristol City would he.

Not a bad idea if we were stuck in league 1, totally skint and half filling the stadium. Timm is a good lad but we hardly got true value when he was here as a player all things considered. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not a bad idea if we were stuck in league 1, totally skint and half filling the stadium. 

So you are telling me that he can live in Norwich, and get a job at that little club down the A140?

He always came across as being pretty bright and clearly enjoyed his time at Norwich, even if it was frustrating in terms of injuries.

You'd think there was enough good will here for him to slot in nicely in the off-pitch side of things if he wanted.

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Especially as he's Swiss...🤩

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Especially as he's Swiss...🤩

You're both right. He's a dual national, born in Frankfurt to a German father and Swiss mother. He played internationally for Switzerland.

A lot will depend on his ideas on how football should be played. If he's fundamentally very much in line with Webber/Farke (which you'd hope) then you'd also think he's already well in line with our culture, having already been a considerable part of it.

Personally, I'll always hope Farke comes back as DoF and ideally as Webber's successor, but it's unlikely. But, a regular player of his who may be willing to do so could be a very good fall-back.

Having spent a year or so being nutured I would be surprised if it was anyone otherthan Neil Adams tbh.

Who knows Attanasio may wish to carve the role up similar to Chelsea, in which case one of his US contacts might get involved.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Having spent a year or so being nutured I would be surprised if it was anyone otherthan Neil Adams tbh.

Who knows Attanasio may wish to carve the role up similar to Chelsea, in which case one of his US contacts might get involved.

Would be understandable if he wanted to protect his investment with his own people put in place

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I dont think he has the current experience to fill this position now or in the near future.

18 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not a bad idea if we were stuck in league 1, totally skint and half filling the stadium. Timm is a good lad but we hardly got true value when he was here as a player all things considered. 

Absolute ****. You could have added a zero to the end of his transfer fee and his salary and it would still have been a bargain just for THAT header.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He always came across as being pretty bright and clearly enjoyed his time at Norwich, even if it was frustrating in terms of injuries.

You'd think there was enough good will here for him to slot in nicely in the off-pitch side of things if he wanted.

Apparently once you leave Norwich, the virus kicks in and you verbally destroy any footballer with the temerity to leave. Especially if they don't say nice things about the fans, the ground. But preferring  to worry about Ipswich is the antibiotic.

• Haha 1