Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Anyone know how many we're taking to Brizzle?

36 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

True but the away end is the only stand that they haven't upgraded. 

Went there back in the Roeder era and we had to stand at the away end because there weren't enough seats. We asked them to uncover a row or two of the covered dividing seats but they refused. Had a stiff neck by the end trying to peer at the far end.

• Haha 1

On 08/02/2023 at 11:17, essex canary said:

A good experience based on my last visit. The modernisation of their ground is excellent.

Things have certainly improved then.

Wangled a seat in the Directors Box with the Capital Canaries back in the 70's. Found out at HT we were sharing the Gents with the hoi-polloi !!

Standards must be maintained. Outrageous. ( wink )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Went there back in the Roeder era and we had to stand at the away end because there weren't enough seats. We asked them to uncover a row or two of the covered dividing seats but they refused. Had a stiff neck by the end trying to peer at the far end.

Perhaps you needed a neck as long as Glenn.

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

True but the away end is the only stand that they haven't upgraded. 

Is there are shareholders stand that Essex could use. 

16 hours ago, Rivvo said:

I haven’t read through the whole thread but there are 4 or 5 good craft beer bars around King St, and Left Handed Giant taproom is epic, expect London prices though!

Kings Street has great a mix of craft bars and classic pubs. Love it. Also check out the street food in St Nicks Market.

On 06/02/2023 at 19:46, Feedthewolf said:

Cheers! I'm very much into my keg craft ales, and Mrs Wolf likes stouts and sours. We've already got Small Bar, Wiper & True, Left Handed Giant, Bristol Beer Factory and Little Martha on the list.

First the caveat, my friend has not been in these pubs for about a year as he moved from Bristol to Nailsworth, so apologies if they are now shut or turn out to be rubbish!!

In no particular order:

Cat and Wheel on Gloucester Rd, about a mile out from the centre of Bristol

Bag of Nails on St Georges Rd, about a half mile walk from the centre. Very good range of ales. Was a cat pub so avoid if you or Mrs Wolfie are allergic to cats.

Famous Royal Navy Volunteer on Kings St. Pricy

The Old Duke on King St. Jazz and blues pub

Llandoger Trow between Welsh Back and Queen Charlotte St

The Griffin/Gryphon on Colston St. Excellent range of ales. Goth/Metal pub

The Cornubia on Temple St

White Lion on Colston Avenue. Small pub so can get very busy/rammed.

My friend also sent the following link, only sending on the off chance you have not seen it already

https://www.timeout.com/bristol/bars-pubs/the-best-pubs-in-bristol?fbclid=IwAR2iijOuFPpixRSxGymMw4W_40QKRo8D6BZbn6ehgvPeW2XwCUubRNGmfzE

Hope you and Mrs Wolfie have a fantastic time..........

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Kings Street has great a mix of craft bars and classic pubs. Love it. Also check out the street food in St Nicks Market.

Love the Moorish Cafe and the Pitta cafe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Is there are shareholders stand that Essex could use. 

Thanks for the question. Perhaps there should be?

Joking aside having spoken to Danny Casey apparently Bristol City will be charging their fans the same £33  a ticket at the opposite end of the ground albeit that they are charging their fans less in the stands alongside the touchline. A very curious charging policy but nonetheless one that in that context can't be deemed as discriminatory.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks for the question. Perhaps there should be?

Joking aside having spoken to Danny Casey apparently Bristol City will be charging their fans the same £33  a ticket at the opposite end of the ground albeit that they are charging their fans less in the stands alongside the touchline. A very curious charging policy but nonetheless one that in that context can't be deemed as discriminatory.

Are you ever happy / satisfied? 

Asking for a friend. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Are you ever happy / satisfied? 

Asking for a friend. 

Perhaps better to ask on behalf of a friend rather than yourself given that you have made it clear that you don't think the standard Carrow Road pension discount of 32% plus a further discount for over 75's is sufficient for those age groups whilst being derogatory about any other concession in favour of the Clubs income stream taking precedence.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps better to ask on behalf of a friend rather than yourself given that you have made it clear that you don't think the standard Carrow Road pension discount of 32% plus a further discount for over 75's is sufficient for those age groups whilst being derogatory about any other concession in favour of the Clubs income stream taking precedence.

Please quote me where I've said that, and stop putting words in my mouth. 

50 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He'd  make more sense if he stopped putting words in his own mouth G.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Perhaps a matter of interpretation but a loyalty bonus starting at age 21 for 10 years would have the impact I attributed to you if applied to pensioners in addition to their existing discounts whereas those aged 21 to 31 wouldn’t have the scope to reach the maximum. 

Perhaps @wcorkcanary 's 4 year old grandson can confirm?

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps a matter of interpretation but a loyalty bonus starting at age 21 for 10 years would have the impact I attributed to you if applied to pensioners in addition to their existing discounts whereas those aged 21 to 31 wouldn’t have the scope to reach the maximum. 

Perhaps @wcorkcanary 's 4 year old grandson can confirm?

Why 21 when the age of majority  is 18 ? You're full of if stupid ideas.  That's what my 4 year old Grandson thinks anyway.  

15 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why 21 when the age of majority  is 18 ? You're full of if stupid ideas.  That's what my 4 year old Grandson thinks anyway.  

21 was Greavsy's suggestion in last weeks thread. You have a point. Best ask him.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

21 was Greavsy's suggestion in last weeks thread. You have a point. Best ask him.

Im amazed  that your eye for detail didnt spot that , maybe youre not as astute as you think. Maybe proofreading isnt your bag. 

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

@Greavsy...... why 21? Not 18 ? 

To be fair to @Greavsy I think the very fair point he was trying to make is that NCFC should operate some form of loyalty scheme like supermarkets. I agree with him on that.

The difficulty that he has though is that Tesco's wouldn't operate a loyalty scheme that takes their young customers 10 years to catch up with their older customers. Neither would they deny younger shareholders a dividend that they pay to older ones on the grounds that the younger ones are only second class citizen inheritors.

Hence why I am calling checkmate on @Greavsy

You said ask him, i did.

The second  phrase of the second paragraph  of your post is just more of your private agenda.

Edited by wcorkcanary

39 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

@Greavsy...... why 21? Not 18 ? 

18 would work too, its the principle I was making. The age it starts its not the point. 

Essex with a private agenda surely not! 

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

To be fair to @Greavsy I think the very fair point he was trying to make is that NCFC should operate some form of loyalty scheme like supermarkets. I agree with him on that.

The difficulty that he has though is that Tesco's wouldn't operate a loyalty scheme that takes their young customers 10 years to catch up with their older customers. Neither would they deny younger shareholders a dividend that they pay to older ones on the grounds that the younger ones are only second class citizen inheritors.

Hence why I am calling checkmate on @Greavsy

Yet again you put words in my mouth that I simply haven't said. Please stop. 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

18 would work too, its the principle I was making. The age it starts its not the point. 

Essex with a private agenda surely not! 

The supporters in their 20's are the hardest group to retain so logically their years as Junior Canaries would need to count.

Aa for the pensioners I bought a senior concession from the Theatre Royal recently which is from age 60. Nonetheless only £5 saving on an average £40 ticket. The vast majority at Carrow Road based on a season ticket at 65 are getting £7 plus off a £23 ticket. They don't need any more do they? Albeit there are limited stadium areas that don't get any discount.

Having arrived in Bristol I will feedback on that after the event.

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

Having arrived in Bristol I will feedback on that after the event.

The PinkUn forum awaits with baited breath and no doubt the football club for your flood of e-mails on Mondasy morning.

I last went there in the late 70's. Friend and I had seats in the back row which we couldnt find. Asked a local where the seats were and he laughed and pointed to the other side of the ground! 

Kevin Keelan broke his arm but carried on playing. We got stuffed. 

It was the time of petrol shortages so went by train and met David Jacobs on the return journey. What a nice man. 

A game I remember for all the wrong reasons. 

On 06/02/2023 at 18:24, Feedthewolf said:

Myself and Mrs Wolf are going Thursday-Sunday to make a long weekend of it... a bit classier than our last away weekender to Blackpool by all accounts! Anyone got any idea how many tickets we've sold?

I've been having a chat with some of their fans on the BCFC forum, they seem a friendly bunch – if anyone's looking for food/drink recommendations, they've been very forthcoming.

Love your bit Wolfie

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/219666-norwich-city-at-home-match-thread/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The PinkUn forum awaits with baited breath and no doubt the football club for your flood of e-mails on Mondasy morning.

I am sure the likes of yourself and @cambridgeshire canary will remain more productive than me.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve never heard it referred to as “Brizzle” before 😂

It's a local thing.  It's how it sounds when Bristolians refer to Bristol and it's become a bit of a local joke.   I have lived here now for 30+ years and along with "gurt lush" and "cheers drive" is one of the local things.