Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Anyone know how many we're taking to Brizzle?

38 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for this! I do follow DH on Twitter, but I'm not on there much so I tend to miss things like this. Sounds like it'll be another fantastic trip for the yellow army, looking forward to it immensely!

Ironically I dont follow him, but Huckerby (who I do follow) had liked the tweet so it showed on my timeline.

Enjoy the weekend mate, seems like it will be a great trip. Just make sure to bring the 3 points back though!

35 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks for this! I do follow DH on Twitter, but I'm not on there much so I tend to miss things like this. Sounds like it'll be another fantastic trip for the yellow army, looking forward to it immensely!

Interesting statistic. When I bought my ticket I checked out the away capacity that stated 4,000. The Ticket Office suggested that it is unlikely to sell out whereas it looks as though it might which could be a challenge for my wife in particular if there are guys 10 inches taller standing directly in front.

Perhaps we could have had 3,500 in a 4,000 capacity with people being more comfortable. Bristol is a great place to visit and let's hope it is an enjoyable day as, of course, away days can be great fun but there are reasons why my enthusiasm for away days has waned a little in the belief that Clubs could do more to ensure that they are exactly that given the time and expense involved.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Interesting statistic. When I bought my ticket I checked out the away capacity that stated 4,000. The Ticket Office suggested that it is unlikely to sell out whereas it looks as though it might which could be a challenge for my wife in particular if there are guys 10 inches taller standing directly in front.

Perhaps we could have had 3,500 in a 4,000 capacity with people being more comfortable. Bristol is a great place to visit and let's hope it is an enjoyable day as, of course, away days can be great fun but there are reasons why my enthusiasm for away days has waned a little in the belief that Clubs could do more to ensure that they are exactly that given the time and expense involved.

Could we have had 3,500 though? Looks like we might not even sell the full 2,500 allocation. I've spoken to Danny Casey at length about away tickets/allocations in the past couple of years, and he doesn't often get it wrong. He's been doing it for donkey's years, after all.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps we could have had 3,500 in a 4,000

Erm I may have missed a point but who pays for the additional 500 spaces / seats here?

When you, for example,  go to the theatre do you buy the seat next to you to leave it empty,  for more comfort?  Or the one in front to ensure an unobstructed view for your wife? 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Could we have had 3,500 though? Looks like we might not even sell the full 2,500 allocation. I've spoken to Danny Casey at length about away tickets/allocations in the past couple of years, and he doesn't often get it wrong. He's been doing it for donkey's years, after all.

Agree Wolfie, have spoken to Danny many a time on various ticketing issues and he's always been spot on, and welcomes an open and honest discussion too.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's great to hear! Although wife informs me that Wild Beer is closed at the moment, which is a shame as it was one we were looking forward to visiting.

It opens Thursday to Sunday. I may be wrong but will take a look on matchday!

47 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Erm I may have missed a point but who pays for the additional 500 spaces / seats here?

When you, for example,  go to the theatre do you buy the seat next to you to leave it empty,  for more comfort?  Or the one in front to ensure an unobstructed view for your wife? 

Maybe we could get an extra 1,000 maybe we couldn't. Bristol City aren't exactly full each week so an extra 1,000 must be more money for the football industry however it is divided.

I am sure a Theatre would rather operate at 90% capacity rather than 85% and arguably would be more helpful about meeting customer needs at the time of booking so as to ensure repeat custom. Neither to my knowledge has a Theatre devised a scheme to make money for itself based on attending other Theatres which half the customers pay and half don't (my guess on proportions).

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe we could get an extra 1,000 maybe we couldn't. Bristol City aren't exactly full each week so an extra 1,000 must be more money for the football industry however it is divided.

I am sure a Theatre would rather operate at 90% capacity rather than 85% and arguably would be more helpful about meeting customer needs at the time of booking so as to ensure repeat custom. Neither to my knowledge has a Theatre devised a scheme to make money for itself based on attending other Theatres which half the customers pay and half don't (my guess on proportions).

I have no idea what you are on about now

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Wroxham Bridge said:

As a Bath based exile, I'll be in the The Rose of Denmark, preceded by The Cottage and the Pump House on my way walking from Temple Meads station and I'll be wearing subtle shades of green and yellow and not my NCFC shirt.

What train will you be on? Our gets in 11.15.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Had a quick look on their forum, looks like they have pretty much sold out their home seats. Think they've had a 'mates rates' deal on.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Had a quick look on their forum, looks like they have pretty much sold out their home seats. Think they've had a 'mates rates' deal on.

OK. Good to note promotions such as this. Even better when it is aimed at the loyal away supporter as we did at Wigan in 2019. Maybe that can be added back to NCFC's reconnection list as is far better than slushy letters and inaccurate emails?

No 'mates rates' for the loyal away supporters who regularly fork out for long distances, hotels etc.

Edited by essex canary

Sorry @Feedthewolf, think you've made the wrong call here, should have had your long weekend away the following week and sampled the delights of Wigan instead-nothing but pies all weekend 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Sorry @Feedthewolf, think you've made the wrong call here, should have had your long weekend away the following week and sampled the delights of Wigan instead-nothing but pies all weekend 😂

Over 1,000 miles round trip for supporters in 8 winter days leaving aside the home match in-between.

If the Club paid for all supporters tickets for the remaining away matches perhaps £600,000. If they truly believe in Farke's belief about the value of support it could be the difference between promotion or otherwise.

OK maybe that would be a step too far. Then again considering the amounts doubtless paid in settlement to Deano etc., I am sure they could offer something for a positive purpose.

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I've done Wigan twice before buddy, but Bristol City is a new ground for me!

Edited by Feedthewolf

13 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I've done Wigan twice before buddy, but Bristol City is a new ground for me!

A good experience based on my last visit. The modernisation of their ground is excellent.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 18:43, Greavsy said:

You'll notice the price increases now, my friend! 

That’s the reason he wants to know the numbers coming.. work out if it’s his turn again yet or if enough supporters he can blag off an unsuspecting noob

23 hours ago, Satriales said:

That’s a very dodgy approach. They’ve classified our game as a Category A, which means the seats are more expensive than normal, and the effectively charged home fans half price. I thought pricing deals had to be for both home and away fans.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, essex canary said:

Over 1,000 miles round trip for supporters in 8 winter days leaving aside the home match in-between.

If the Club paid for all supporters tickets for the remaining away matches perhaps £600,000. If they truly believe in Farke's belief about the value of support it could be the difference between promotion or otherwise.

OK maybe that would be a step too far. Then again considering the amounts doubtless paid in settlement to Deano etc., I am sure they could offer something for a positive purpose.

For many of us the positive purpose was getting rid of Smith. I’m sure all other leisure activities you go to pay for your transport there and entrance!

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That’s a very dodgy approach. They’ve classified our game as a Category A, which means the seats are more expensive than normal, and the effectively charged home fans half price. I thought pricing deals had to be for both home and away fans.

Not sure how much the away tickets are, but home tickets seems to be £25.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Away are £33.

Yeah that doesnt seem fair does it. Cheaper tickets plus a chance to buy tickets to their cup game against Man City means it will basically be a sell out, they're 8 games unbeaten as well and seem pretty up for it. Along came Norwich...

On 07/02/2023 at 15:55, keelansgrandad said:

What train will you be on? Our gets in 11.15.

Hi KG, It's easier for me to get a bus to Temple Meads rather than a train and will be there about midday.

On 06/02/2023 at 19:46, Feedthewolf said:

Cheers! I'm very much into my keg craft ales, and Mrs Wolf likes stouts and sours. We've already got Small Bar, Wiper & True, Left Handed Giant, Bristol Beer Factory and Little Martha on the list.

I haven’t read through the whole thread but there are 4 or 5 good craft beer bars around King St, and Left Handed Giant taproom is epic, expect London prices though!

• Thanks 1

I'll be there. It's my little boys 3rd Norwich game and our most local.  Really hope we do a job on them. 

Have lots of Brizzle mates, hope to shut them up AGAIN 

• Like 3

I bloody love Bristol. My youngest was at Uni there so spent a fair bit of time visiting. Reckon you’ll have a great weekend there Mr & Mrs Wolf. My advice is visit the M Shed museum and Bristol docks - absolutely fascinating.

My favourite pubs are the Highbury Vaults ( proper old pub) and the Christmas Steps ( craft beer). Before Norwich games we’d go to Rose of Denmark. I’m abroad at the moment or I’d be there ! 

6 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

I bloody love Bristol. My youngest was at Uni there so spent a fair bit of time visiting. Reckon you’ll have a great weekend there Mr & Mrs Wolf. My advice is visit the M Shed museum and Bristol docks - absolutely fascinating.

My favourite pubs are the Highbury Vaults ( proper old pub) and the Christmas Steps ( craft beer). Before Norwich games we’d go to Rose of Denmark. I’m abroad at the moment or I’d be there ! 

Yes, Brizzle is a good place to have a break. Not so sure about the pubs myself but we used to love staying for a long weekend the week before Xmas. I would have to endure a morning at IKEA of course but didn't mind so much as it was the site of Bristol Rovers old ground Eastville. And we did the Bristol Half for a few years and always made it a long weekend. Remember sitting in a pub and the scores being updated the day we beat Swansea 4-3 when Chris Hughton was coach. I kept leaping up from my seat every time we scored and getting odd looks from the patrons.

The Marriot next to Cabots Circus is an excellent hotel and used to have free parking which is always a bonus and handy for the M32.

Bath is a good weekend as well and I prefer the pubs there as there isn't much walk in between them.

23 hours ago, essex canary said:

A good experience based on my last visit. The modernisation of their ground is excellent.

True but the away end is the only stand that they haven't upgraded.