Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Man City charged by Premier League with numerous breaches

Good. Dock them points or even relegate them. Until we get these clubs to stop abusing football and all its aspects then they will only get worse.

• Thanks 1

There is no point prosecuting them, they will find a loop hole or an unusual take which means they did compile.  Chelsea, (and to be honest Newcastle and Man City) were owned by people who should not be involved with football clubs, and are definitely only there for their reputation - how any of them got through a fit and proper person test is shocking, and the fact fans care more about winning than there own culture is incredible, these club celebrate their owners, irrespective of where the money came from. 

an opportunity for the football authorities to make an example of one of the worst offenders.......but they won't they'll just hammer the next Derby County that chases the dream caused by these cheats

• Like 3

Technically, if they've breached rules then all points earnt under that time should be removed.  There will just be more money changing hands and legal bodies earning a pretty penny as the outcome though.   All while lower clubs struggle to pay the electric bills.

• Like 1

Not included in the enquiry is the fact that Haaland's agent was paid £35m for the transfer to Manchester City. The agent lives in Monaco so that money is free of tax. I wonder if Haaland has a Monaco bank account. Or maybe does his dog have a Monaco bank account? 🤔

34 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I was so shocked I had to have a cup of tea and a bit of a sit down 

I know next someone will be us telling Putins a wrong un’

Edited by Ulfotto

Apparently been hit with over one hundred separate breeches and charges. Crazy.

Must it would be funny to see them fold think we all know how corrupt the FA is and they will no doubt rally to save their beloved oil club so all Man City will get is a slap on the wrist

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I know next someone will be us telling Putins a wrong un’

You're a couple of days late. Assuming Boris was telling the truth....... 

Only ever one winner.

The Lawyers.

Sue, Grabitt and Run.

Edited by ricardo

Nothing will be done, if any threat of points deducted will result in massive court battles, they’re going to get a token fine for breaching rules and we’ll all carry on as if nothings wrong!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Technically, if they've breached rules then all points earnt under that time should be removed.  There will just be more money changing hands and legal bodies earning a pretty penny as the outcome though.   All while lower clubs struggle to pay the electric bills.

i agree if they won titles when breaking the rules and other teams were within the rules that season

then they have cheated and should be stripped of those titles 

They have been charged, but in the eyes of the law, not found guilty, yet.

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i agree if they won titles when breaking the rules and other teams were within the rules that season

then they have cheated and should be stripped of those titles 

Just be aware if they are stripped of previous titles, it means the scousers would win last season, be careful what you wish for!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Over or under the table.lol

Just now, ridgeman said:

Over or under the table.lol

I hate to think that under the table is even possible, yet it probably is, sadly.  When you read of agents earning £35m from transfers you have to wonder who else is receiving 'gifts' from that pool.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not included in the enquiry is the fact that Haaland's agent was paid £35m for the transfer to Manchester City. The agent lives in Monaco so that money is free of tax. I wonder if Haaland has a Monaco bank account. Or maybe does his dog have a Monaco bank account? 🤔

That's bloody ridiculous, and another story in itself.

3 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

an opportunity for the football authorities to make an example of one of the worst offenders.......but they won't they'll just hammer the next Derby County that chases the dream caused by these cheats

The difference is that it is the Premier league with oversight over Man City, whilst it is the EFL who supervises the smaller clubs. The interesting thing is how UEFA will respond.

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

A dog can have a bank account.... Learn something new everyday! 

No big surprise here is there? Klopp has been referring to this for years - with Chelsea as well. I'm no particular friend of Liverpool, but Man City have well have stolen the title on more than one occasion.

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If they get forcibly relegated that's going to make our 23-24 title charge all the more difficult

Even if all these big city clubs get relegated, our Premier League title charge next season will be foiled by Luton.

• Haha 2

It’s just the EPL trying to water down any independent regulatory body’s powers to intervene with this kind of stuff going forward. They’re trying to convince people they’re capable of regulating themselves. 

Total lip service bs 

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If they get forcibly relegated that's going to make our 23-24 title charge all the more difficult

Nah - wasn't that 3-2 win against them the last time we won at home ... ? 😉

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Who has the bigger pockets - the State of Abu Dhabi or the EPL? 

Go figure who wins this ...

Nail, head and hit.

This will drag on and on (it already has) and the side with the deepest pockets in the world will shine through in the end. 

I mean, honestly, could anyone really believe that a club the size of man city could do something like that? 

What a surprise!