king canary

Can Wagner make us flat track bullies?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think there has been a bit of overreaction after yesterday. And I am confident that we can garner a pot full of points in the next six games.

We ran into a team that is walking the league and we can see why. I don't know whether or not they changed their set up to counter us but their tactic was spot on. They knew DW would want us playing out from the back and pushing the full backs up. And our midfield three became undermanned with Aarons and Dimi having to start from deep. And Cullen had a field day with nobody within five yards of him. Kenny had to hit it long and Sara and Dowell were ineffective having to cover and tackle.

Known as tactician, I am sure DW will have sorted it by next match at Bristol. I hope so, Its another I can manage to get to.

Thats all very well, but Dean Smith would have got us 3 draws from the last 3 games due to his scintillating tactics, which 'proves' it was a waste of money sacking him. We should have cheered more, idiots!!

It's irrelevant how good this squad would be in the Prem because it wouldn't be the same squad playing in the Prem. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thats all very well, but Dean Smith would have got us 3 draws from the last 3 games due to his scintillating tactics, which 'proves' it was a waste of money sacking him. We should have cheered more, idiots!!

Lets give some credit to Vincent Company. Fact is Burnley are better than us and have better players.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Lets give some credit to Vincent Company. Fact is Burnley are better than us and have better players.

And they cheered more, dont forget that.  Our players would be better if we screamed like Beatle fans in the 60s.  We should have kept Smith until the fans learnt how to support him properly, the results would, naturally pick up at that point , as would performances creating a snowball  effect that would take this league and the next by storm . Mind you , it does take a ' special' kind of mind to beleive  this. 

45 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

And they cheered more, dont forget that.  Our players would be better if we screamed like Beatle fans in the 60s.  We should have kept Smith until the fans learnt how to support him properly, the results would, naturally pick up at that point , as would performances creating a snowball  effect that would take this league and the next by storm . Mind you , it does take a ' special' kind of mind to beleive  this. 

Sorry, not getting you here. My posts are not supporting Smith or denegrating DW. Just saying Burnley were better in every aspect.

You need tests like this, they're 6 months ahead of us in terms of coaching and with the benefit of a full pre-season too. Wagner has been quite sensible so far but I think our pressing is way off what he would like it to be, it's just not realistic to do that in the middle of the season. Obviously there was almost a second pre-season this year but we didn't take advantage of that. Even with that time though it would've only been 4 or 5 more matches played under a new coach. There's no training in the world that's better than competitive matches. The first games under a new manager with a different style are great learning experiences, and you're probably better for it if things don't go perfectly to plan. Burnley won 6 of their first 15 games this season, they've won 13 out of 14 since.

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sorry, not getting you here. My posts are not supporting Smith or denegrating DW. Just saying Burnley were better in every aspect.

Corkio is taking the **** out of LYB KG! 😉

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

You joke, but the referee was very much against us yesterday. Does anybody even try to intimidate the referee when they're like that?

10 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So you are happy with what’s been served up and think we’d take the Prem by storm if we go up then? 

We probably heard similar about Brentford before they went up in the playoffs. There is a reasonable chance that with better, more appropriate coaching and a few strategic decent recruits that we could stay up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Lets give some credit to Vincent Company. Fact is Burnley are better than us and have better playe

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Corkio is taking the **** out of LYB KG! 😉

Corkyo is indulging in a cheap straw man argument. My point was about the refusal to put any effort into supporting even when we were at the top, because of claims we were in a false position because we'd only faced easy teams and poor results to Burnley and co proved the manager wasn't getting enough out of the squad.

We had easy teams the last two games before; this game against a top side we got whipped, underlining we're no better off, just some people are happier for a vague 'eye test' argument that has cost us millions in compensation for terminating a contract according to their wishes.

Yet again the sack the manager argument is shown to be nonsense.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Corkyo is indulging in a cheap straw man argument

No , im taking the pi55 out of you , you egotistical clown. I never do anything cheap. 

17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yet again the sack the manager argument is shown to be nonsense.

No it isnt.  

P.S.  Everything you wrote in between the bits i quoted was rubbish too.

PPS  Its hilarious watching you cling to such tripe .

PPS You cannot believe the rubbish you post unless you are deluded.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Best claret surely in France?

Whatever he is on , it has led him up a fools path and he refuses to see it. Lets just let him skip down it and amuse us as he does so.