Krul or Gunn?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. For the number one shirt

• Krul
    • Gunn

19 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

People will vote for Krul until he makes one of his usual mistakes.

Yep, that's exactly what I've done!

Krul has now been given the shirt (mainly I think because of his experience, character and ability to organise the defence rather than being 'the better goal keeper'..if that makes sense?).

But if he does start making stupid mistakes then he gets dropped and Gunn is given another go to fully claim the No1 shirt for good.

Edited by rock bus

Like others have said, Krul is probably being given the nod based on what he brings to the team as a more experienced voice in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Gunn can feel pretty hard done by, though.

22 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

That won't take long then! Before Cov scored their two goals, Krul seemed to be trying his hardest to gift them a goal with sloppy passing, it happened twice but he got away with it.

• Like 1

This debate really does split the fans.

Gunn has done very little wrong and doesn't seem to have the severe errors caused by a lack in concentration which Krul has. Krul always looks unsure with the ball at his feet too.

Maybe the selection is based on off the field enthusiasm and his reputation around penalty saves. 

The jury is split at 50/50, anybody’s guess which way this poll will go. If we get promoted it might be wise to play both. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

With Gunn being injured for now we can't even criticise the one decision fans weren't sure of by Wagner!

2 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

More likely people will vote Krul because he's the better keeper.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

More likely people will vote Krul because he's the better keeper.

Its 52% - 48% at the minute.

As divisive as Brexit!

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As divisive as Brexit!

Except only sensible people voted for no brexit.

• Like 2

I voted Krul simply as Wagner seems to see it that way and it has worked so far.

My one certainty though is that if we go up we'll need a new keeper- I don't think either are Premier League level. 

• Like 1

Both are good keepers and I think there's very little in it, but, I'd choose Gunn because he is much better with his feet and less likely to have "a moment".

• Like 3

For a championship team Gunn or Krul is frankly an embarrassment of riches.

Whatever division we are in next season we probably need to sort out this out.

3 hours ago, Positive_Canary said:

This debate really does split the fans.

Gunn has done very little wrong and doesn't seem to have the severe errors caused by a lack in concentration which Krul has. Krul always looks unsure with the ball at his feet too.

Maybe the selection is based on off the field enthusiasm and his reputation around penalty saves. 

Krul has a big reputation for saving them but have seen Angus save a few in his time here so thought I would look up the numbers. This doesn't include shootouts as couldn't find that data.

Career

Tim Krul faced 65 and saved 10.

Angus Gunn faced 27 saved 8.

Norwich Career

Tim Krul faced 23 saved 7.

Angus Gunn faced 14 and saved 6.

Looks like Angus is much better at facing down penalties based on those numbers. Would be interested to see with shootouts included.

Personally have been in the Angus camp since last season. Krul is liekable and a massive personality but not the keeper he once was and his kicking is so poor these days.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Going to be Krul this weekend as Gunn is injured anyways.

I saw the article but I did wonder if Gunn is really injured......  I have never doubted his professionalism, but he must be pretty peeved 

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As divisive as Brexit!

Brexit seems to be bringing people together again.

Aaaaaaaaahhh I have been drawn in to talk about bl006y brexit

I haven't voted because I'm happy to go with whatever Wagner decides on this one. It's too close to call and from what I've seen so far, I trust him.

There is a fag paper between them in reality. Krul just about gets the nod because of his experience but if Wagner had stuck with Gunn as the incumbent I wouldn't have complained.

14 hours ago, rock bus said:

Yep, that's exactly what I've done!

Krul has now been given the shirt (mainly I think because of his experience, character and ability to organise the defence rather than being 'the better goal keeper'..if that makes sense?).

But if he does start making stupid mistakes then he gets dropped and Gunn is given another go to fully claim the No1 shirt for good.

Being a good shot stopper does makes you a good keeper, just look at Andy Marshall.

Edited by Jersey Canary

Gunn, as said when this question was raised at the time Wagner chose Krul, and not just because of the latter's habit of throwing the game away.