Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Burnley Predictions

It's one of those I think we could win or lose by a couple in an open game. Manuel Benson's looked really dangerous for them and they play a stylish brand of football. That said, Sheffield United did beat them 5-2 at home but also caused them trouble from attacking set-pieces in the process. That's not quite our strength although you'd think with Sara in there we might have a bit of a chance.

I think they're a bit further along their development than we are, and I think we'll fall just short in a spirited scrap. 1-3 with them getting a late killer when we've chucked Uncle Tom Cobley and the kitchen sink in their half.

Obviously, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong with the result, but I think it'll be one of those performances where we look quite good but the inches are in Burnley's favour.

14 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

It's one of those I think we could win or lose by a couple in an open game. Manuel Benson's looked really dangerous for them and they play a stylish brand of football. That said, Sheffield United did beat them 5-2 at home but also caused them trouble from attacking set-pieces in the process. That's not quite our strength although you'd think with Sara in there we might have a bit of a chance.

I think they're a bit further along their development than we are, and I think we'll fall just short in a spirited scrap. 1-3 with them getting a late killer when we've chucked Uncle Tom Cobley and the kitchen sink in their half.

Obviously, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong with the result, but I think it'll be one of those performances where we look quite good but the inches are in Burnley's favour.

We are favourites to win maybe surprisingly. 

I'm going to play the mindless optimism card and go for a 2-1 home win.

The reality may end up being somewhat different. But it's nice to feel we just might be competitive again.

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

1-6.

first murmurings of cheap option Wagner and the drum launched onto the pitch in disgust.

Att: 26,412

Actual Att: c.14,000

.....Binner.....

16 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I saw that too. It is surprising.

Doubt we would be if Smith was still in charge.

Haven’t seen a professional betting prediction site that goes for a Norwich win or even a draw yet. 

Latest news regarding Burnley team is that they have a few selection problems.Notably amongst them is Benson.

I recall Aarons having a particularly torrid time against their wide player Zaroury and if Benson was playing on the other side on Saturday I think we would have struggled had we still been with Smith.

However with Wagner and a somewhat rejuvenated squad this is a game that is difficult to predict the outcome.

It certainly has the makings of a good game

• Like 1

Plenty of tickets available still, eleven seats together going in the lower River End for a large family outing. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

After 35 minutes 😉

Not sure if I can take that week in week out! Too stressful.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

The Pukster, I'm sure he'll be hoping that doesn't catch on !

P is for proud, you can hold your head up!

U is for unique, your love of life.

K is for kindness, you always show.

S is for special, you are, you know!

T is for tough, for you are not easily broken.

E is for excite, your spirit is catching!

R is for rational, the way you think.

.......What's wrong with that?...... 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Easy home win. At least 4. I've handed over my ticket to a small child and I have a feeling I shall regret it. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

Burnley have been a bit of a bogey team for us in the past few years, when they were playing their direct style relying on crosses into the box when we were rubbish at defending that sort of approach, I remember in Farke's first Prem season we sometimes looked more comfortable playing teams like Man City than Burnley.  Obviously they've had a sea change of style, and now we've a new coach, will be an interesting game that's for sure !

20 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

LOL brilliant.  Has any Norwich manager ever had 3 wins with scoring 4 in his first 3 games ?  Ignoring the cup defeat of course.

No they haven't. It was discussed on the radio last week. 

The best I can remember is scoring 5 in successive home games when John Bond was manager. Hoping that isn't a false memory! 

I think the players must be buzzing and very confident but as usual the first goal is very important. But if we get it I think we'll roll them over. They're top of an extremely poor position and we're still in contention despite having one Smith tied behind our back for the first half of the season. 

• Haha 1