On 02/02/2023 at 12:15, Mr Tea said:

Possibly good enough for this league. If we go up then he is under a good enough contract to sell on for an ok fee as just not a prem striker.

Or Championship 

It's quite astonishing he got a contract till 2028 , so many aspects of his game are not good enough yes he might have been good at youth levels .however the most important level he is not up to scratch , I'd love him to prove me wrong though.otbc

At least he put himself about a bit, which is more than Josh Sargent did. I think the ref had more touches of the ball than Josh did!

• Like 1

He has brilliant finishing, pace, physicality, decent technique and can win balls in the air, all the natural ability you'd want from a striker. But all the attributes you'd want to actually find yourself in the position to get chances he's weak at right now so I'm guessing the hope is that type of stuff like movement, timing runs and positioning can be coached into him. He didn't have high level coaching as a young player because he wasn't in a professional academy so I also assume that the club thinks he might be a late developer, plus he's been injured a lot meaning he's behind where you might expect him to be. If you could give him some of Pukki's strengths off the ball he'd be a hell of a player so I think that's the reasoning behind the clubs faith in him. You can't really teach what he's good at but you can coach a player to be better at what he's weak at so I get the logic. Time will tell if the faith in him pays off. 

I think its really hard to be too critical until we've seen him have a run of games in his preferred position. He at least has the raw abilities that, for example,  Tzolis does not appear to.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think its really hard to be too critical until we've seen him have a run of games in his preferred position. He at least has the raw abilities that, for example,  Tzolis does not appear to.

Which he won't get at Norwich, pukki and sarge miles ahead of him !!!

30 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Which he won't get at Norwich, pukki and sarge miles ahead of him !!!

Pukki won’t be here next season, and we’re skint! Idah and Sargent will be our striking options next season. Which is slightly concerning…