Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Villa and BK8

Didn't share the sausage roll sketch did they. Typical Fail and their twisted agenda, implying the imagery was only harmless.🤦🏻‍♂️

So we ditch them and some circles of our own fans get upset and think we are precious over it. 

They don't ditch them, and some of our fans think they are out of order. 

Funny old game..... 

Woke, woke, woke, wokety woke. The same clowns regurgitating that word are also saying that advertising does not make you do things like gamble. Halfwits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So we ditch them and some circles of our own fans get upset and think we are precious over it. 

They don't ditch them, and some of our fans think they are out of order. 

Yes, well some fans didn't like the idea of BK8 as sponsors, and others weren't bothered if we did go forward with them. Are you not conflating two separate groups of fans as the same people?

15 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yes, well some fans didn't like the idea of BK8 as sponsors, and others weren't bothered if we did go forward with them. Are you not conflating two separate groups of fans as the same people?

No -im grouping all football fans together as being a fickle bunch! 

• Haha 1

I wonder whether those who frothed at the mouth about our potential sponsorship by BK8 are now applauding Sam Smith for the bravery of “their” latest highly sexualised music video.

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

I wonder whether those who frothed at the mouth about our potential sponsorship by BK8 are now applauding Sam Smith for the bravery of “their” latest highly sexualised music video.

I’ll bite. Why is their in quotation marks? 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Then why have you called them a he? 😉

For clarity! 

But a good point cc.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Then why have you called them a he? 😉

I struggle to understand the logic of applying third person plural pronouns to one person.

7 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I struggle to understand the logic of applying third person plural pronouns to one person.

Logic doesn’t always come into someone feeling uncomfortable about having to be a binary identity. I’m sure for the sake of someone’s genuine discomfort and because it makes absolutely no difference to your life whatsoever, that you can overlook the lack of logic? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Logic doesn’t always come into someone feeling uncomfortable about having to be a binary identity. I’m sure for the sake of someone’s genuine discomfort and because it makes absolutely no difference to your life whatsoever, that you can overlook the lack of logic? 

Trouble is I’m a logical sort of person and I feel uncomfortable that my intelligence is being insulted by others who expect me to refer to someone with xy chromosomes and external genitalia (i.e. a bloke) as anything other than he.  

Just now, Naturalcynic said:

Trouble is I’m a logical sort of person and I feel uncomfortable that my intelligence is being insulted by others who expect me to refer to someone with xy chromosomes and external genitalia (i.e. a bloke) as anything other than he.  

Most developed and advanced organ in the human body, the brain. The brain determines what our identity is if you want to be biological about it. Is it inconceivable to think that somewhere during the stages of development, where biologically we are all female (hence the nipples), that at some point there are nuanced pathways of further development that diverge the brain and consciousness and subsequent identity in a direction not necessarily parallel with the genitalia? The great thing about logic is it’s just as able to be used to disprove an argument as prove it, assuming you are as intelligent as you suggest then you surely recognise emotional intelligence? True intelligence, in my view, comes with a huge caveat in knowing what you think to be true and logical is always open to adjustment and change when new theories and evidence come to the fore. Disregarding something because you can’t prove it with your sphere of intellect is not intelligence, it’s ignorance. 

Maybe someone’s been watching too much Andrew T.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

I think there's a logic if a friend asks you to not call them a 'he' though, isn't there?  Empathy plays a big part and you'd want to respect their wishes.

I do get the sentiments with strangers though, I'm just not at the point where I naturally can refer to everyone as 'they', or if wanting to be specific about female gender as 'people who bleed'.

I put my foot in with it with friends who've gone neutral, but luckily they're so chill with it - just takes time to adapt really.  I think it's great the people can be what they want to be, and sure there's many jump on the wagon to be fashionable or to feel unique - but that's all part of finding yourself too.

As long everyone is accepting and appreciative that things need time to change, all's good.  It's the extreme reactions and more militant approaches that just suck.  And you do sound a quite deliberate about not wanting to change if i'm honest. 😞

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Most developed and advanced organ in the human body, the brain. The brain determines what our identity is if you want to be biological about it. Is it inconceivable to think that somewhere during the stages of development, where biologically we are all female (hence the nipples), that at some point there are nuanced pathways of further development that diverge the brain and consciousness and subsequent identity in a direction not necessarily parallel with the genitalia? The great thing about logic is it’s just as able to be used to disprove an argument as prove it, assuming you are as intelligent as you suggest then you surely recognise emotional intelligence? True intelligence, in my view, comes with a huge caveat in knowing what you think to be true and logical is always open to adjustment and change when new theories and evidence come to the fore. Disregarding something because you can’t prove it with your sphere of intellect is not intelligence, it’s ignorance. 

Maybe someone’s been watching too much Andrew T.

Lots of impressive words there, but essentially they’re being used as a smokescreen to deflect from the basic biological reality.  It’s our chromosomes that determine whether we’re male or female, not someone deciding they’d like to be something that they’re not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I think there's a logic if a friend asks you to not call them a 'he' though, isn't there?  Empathy plays a big part and you'd want to respect their wishes.

I do get the sentiments with strangers though, I'm just not at the point where I naturally can refer to everyone as 'they', or if wanting to be specific about female gender as 'people who bleed'.

I put my foot in with it with friends who've gone neutral, but luckily they're so chill with it - just takes time to adapt really.  I think it's great the people can be what they want to be, and sure there's many jump on the wagon to be fashionable or to feel unique - but that's all part of finding yourself too.

As long everyone is accepting and appreciative that things need time to change, all's good.  It's the extreme reactions and more militant approaches that just suck.  And you do sound a quite deliberate about not wanting to change if i'm honest. 😞

Why should I change?  I have no wish to pander to a fashionable lie.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Great post 

So anyway, back to my question.  Is Sam Smith’s video a brave statement that challenges the norms and behaviours that society imposes, or is it grossly sexualised and gratuitously offensive in the same way that the BK8 advert was deemed to be by some?  

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

The French managed to find a new word to get around this issue, and we should have done so too. My wife is a Linguist, amongst other things, and I am tired of hearing her rail against the use of "they" as a singular - it is confusing and contributes to the decline in our language - English is not evolving, it is decomposing at the moment.

If anyone wants to lose an hour of their life I can DM my wife's phone number.

• Haha 1

Just now, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

The French managed to find a new word to get around this issue, and we should have done so too. My wife is a Linguist, amongst other things, and I am tired of hearing her rail against the use of "they" as a singular - it is confusing and contributes to the decline in our language - English is not evolving, it is decomposing at the moment.

If anyone wants to lose an hour of their life I can DM my wife's phone number.

Well, we do have it/its but I don’t think that’s deemed acceptable.

So anyway, back to my question.  Is Sam Smith’s video a brave statement that challenges the norms and behaviours that society imposes, or is it grossly sexualised and gratuitously offensive in the same way that the BK8 advert was deemed to be by some?  

just a crap song like most of his work. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

40 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

You don't have to change, just be respectful.  Which i'm sure you are already.  That's all there is to it.

47 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Therein lies the real truth and the real ‘biological reality’. Biologically your brain is very capable of taking on advancements in understanding but because you have limited it due to an aversion to change you’re struggling with the concept. It’s a very natural reaction. Fortunately the architects of change are always the winners as proven by the resistance to the ‘concept’ of homosexual relationships now becoming a thing fading fast. ‘Biologically’ speaking men should not be attracted to other men because there is no chance of procreation, yet I’m hopeful that you are not of the view that gay people are in some way wrong? Because that would make you a homophobe. 

Before I sign off as this conversation is really well into non-football territory and I remember from previous debates that you love the last word, I want to offer you the chance to state your views on gay people. If you think homosexuality is wrong then you’re a homophobe but it explains your stance on non binary pronouns, if you accept homosexuality you accept that biology is only one facet to identity, obviously a big one but not the only one. It’s not a trap it’ll just clarify you either as a homophobe or a hypocrite, which one will you choose. How are being limited to binary choices working out for you now?

After that I’ll not reply and I’ll let your comment speak for itself. 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Therein lies the real truth and the real ‘biological reality’. Biologically your brain is very capable of taking on advancements in understanding but because you have limited it due to an aversion to change you’re struggling with the concept. It’s a very natural reaction. Fortunately the architects of change are always the winners as proven by the resistance to the ‘concept’ of homosexual relationships now becoming a thing fading fast. ‘Biologically’ speaking men should not be attracted to other men because there is no chance of procreation, yet I’m hopeful that you are not of the view that gay people are in some way wrong? Because that would make you a homophobe. 

Before I sign off as this conversation is really well into non-football territory and I remember from previous debates that you love the last word, I want to offer you the chance to state your views on gay people. If you think homosexuality is wrong then you’re a homophobe sh. It explains your stance on non binary pronouns, if you accept homosexuality you accept that biology is only one facet to identity, obviously a big one but not the only one. It’s not a trap it’ll just clarify you either as s homophobe or a hypocrite, which one you’ll choose. 

After that I’ll not reply and I’ll let your comment speak for itself. 

No need to try to put words into my mouth or to make silly assumptions about my views.  Men and women are sexually attracted to other men and women, sometimes both.  That, of course, doesn’t change the fact that those with xy chromosomes and external genitalia are men and those with xx chromosomes and internal genitalia are women.

• Like 1