Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket prices 65+

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nope, that's not what I've said, more bullsh*t from a proper bullsh*tter who has created a fake persona for a football forum.

I think I might have been spot on about you that time you lost the plot and sent me a heads gone private message.

You're very, very strange.

Now making it personal to detract from the fact that you can't actually explain why you want over 65s to get a huge season ticket price rise, because you've realised you've beem talking a load of sh*t, you lost the argument the moment I informed you that the 45s to 54s actually have the highest levels of disposable income and then started pivoting into tangents about how could release equity in their homes to pay the extra. 

Just a bit of a tool really aren't you.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Now making it personal to detract from the fact that you can't actually explain why you want over 65s to get a huge season ticket price rise, because you've realised you've beem talking a load of sh*t, you lost the argument the moment I informed you that the 45s to 54s actually have the highest levels of disposable income and then started pivoting into tangents about how could release equity in their homes to pay the extra. 

Just a bit of a tool really aren't you.

So you won't tell me your child benefit charge dodge? Who was that UKIP bloke who did the rounds on the Internet a while back who made loads of sh*t up about himself? Paul Nuttall, just Googled it. That's you that is.

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So you won't tell me your child benefit charge dodge? Who was that UKIP bloke who did the rounds on the Internet a while back who made loads of sh*t up about himself? Paul Nuttall, just Googled it. That's you that is.

He has finished that PhD now I believe, I'm honoured.

CanaryDan23, just answer the question please and stop with the character attacks... 

Why do you want elderly Norwich City fans to get a huge hike in their season ticket prices?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He has finished that PhD now I believe, I'm honoured.

CanaryDan23, just answer the question please and stop with the character attacks... 

Why do you want elderly Norwich City fans to get a huge hike in their season ticket prices?

I don't. I want a way for Norwich games to become affordable and accessible to people for whom it currently isn't, and not for it to be cheaper for rich people who happen to be over 65. It might not be practical, but it's what I'd like to see. Maybe they could use some of your made up NI contributions somehow?

I,m really sorry to butt in here, but I really do hope the pink un or the club take to task the blatant age discrimination that goes on throughout this thread.

The Equality Act 2010 says you mustn't be discriminated against because of your age. Discrimination which is against the Equality Act is unlawful

this thread is obviously unlawful, as are some of the comments being made.

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Perhaps the younger elements of society would prefer that when one reaches the age of 65.....Soylent Green.....

For some, 65 is being too generous. 

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

For some, 65 is being too generous. 

At 65? Yeah...some folk are bit sinewy, leather mottled skinned with tough flesh at that age.....

For 2nd homes, any income derived from them is taxable, including the gain when disposed (or when that person dies if before). All that tax goes to the Treasury to support the rest of the population. Doesn't matter if you are a pensioner or not. That 14% therefore contribute already to supporting the people of the UK. It is a non-argument for this point.

Benefits exist for all, they just differ depending on personal circumstances. Enjoy them while they are still on offer.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't forget that you should unlock all the equity in your house, spend it on getting a taxi everywhere, and leave them nothing in your will. 

No house so no equity Teemu. Have got Norwich City shares but divided them up already.

Pay next to no tax too...

Shhhh don't tell anyone.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't. I want a way for Norwich games to become affordable and accessible to people for whom it currently isn't, and not for it to be cheaper for rich people who happen to be over 65. It might not be practical, but it's what I'd like to see. Maybe they could use some of your made up NI contributions somehow?

Remove the discount and it isn't the rich pensioners who will be cancelling their season tickets, that's the flaw.

Only path to cheaper tickets, particularly casual tickets, is a shiny big new City Stand, to increase supply. It will also make people less inclined to hog season tickets when they don't attend half of the games, if they felt confident they could get a casual ticket whenever needed then you wouldn't get as many people buying a 23 game season ticket then going to 12 games a season.

What I will concede though is that I don't understand why discounts at football, and other places, are still fixed at 65, when presumably that discount meant the age at which you draw your old age pension, which isn't 65 anymore.

Surprised actually that the club hasn't changed it to "Pensioner discount" to squeeze a bit more out of those approaching that age, will be 67 in a few years. Can only assume Kensell never thought about it when he was here as he was a fan of the stealth increases.

But I don't think a cost per game of £28.13 in the Premier League or £23.24 in the Championship is actually unreasonable. It is certainly in line with other forms of entertainment, the average theatre ticket now is £28.

Its unfortunate that some can't afford this but this is nothing new. And I do think that a 2 adults and 2 kids package discount would be a good idea, a lot of family orientated attractions offer family packages at a price reduction, and I just paid £40 for a Premiership Rugby ticket (and that's a mid-range ticket, price tier 3 of 5, for a non-London side). 

There will always be those who can't afford to buy a season ticket, but if we had a bit more space in the ground and made it easier for groups of 2 or 3 to buy casual tickets then most even on low incomes could afford a few games a year? 

ps. I counted my employee and employer NI contributions from P60s when calculating £91k. That should make it more believable for you, and if you add yours up on all of your P60s you might get a surprising number. At this years threshold if you earn £50k you pay £4849 and your employer pays an additional £4626 on your behalf. So clearly I wouldn't need to earn £50k a year for 21 years to get to £90k, I'd get to £90k in half that time when considering them both. You can find it in the section circled below, should also be on your pay cheques.

nic.PNG.980375b5a12580ac479f6db5833d3a46.PNG

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The real problem is we're all living too long. Medical science has transformed lifespans. You only have to look at death notices in the papers to see many of the people have died in their mid-80's and often well beyond.

Back in the day a man retired at 65 and there was a fair chance he wouldn't see his 70th birthday. Now you can retire in your mid-50s and there's a chance you can be retired longer than you worked. That's insane.

No idea what the answer is but the current 65+ benefits just cannot be supported by an ever shrinking working population and an ever growing number in retirement.

Trust you to bring the grim reaper into this. The only supporter I know who went to football dressed as an undertaker...

It would take too much time to read all the responses to this post! Personally, I think season tickets for over 65's should be free-of-charge providing they've been NCFC ST customers for 20+ years. That would be a nice incentive!

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

It would take too much time to read all the responses to this post! Personally, I think season tickets for over 65's should be free-of-charge providing they've been NCFC ST customers for 20+ years. That would be a nice incentive!

And a free pie and pint. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I've had mine for close on 50 years.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You can have 2.5 free season tickets when you get to 50 years in that case. 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You can have 2.5 free season tickets when you get to 50 years in that case. 

More than I need so I will send the extra one to you👍

Bring plenty of sweets and be prepared to jump up every 10 minutes when I nip out for a wee. Also I tend to swear at the ref and have been known to boo. Hope that's OK with you Greavsy.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ha!

I had my first season ticket 55 years ago. My grandmother got it for me because I'd had operations in my legs and couldn't stand comfortably for long periods. It was a book of tickets for each first team game, reserve team game and priority slips for cup games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ha!

I had my first season ticket 55 years ago. My grandmother got it for me because I'd had operations in my legs and couldn't stand comfortably for long periods. It was a book of tickets for each first team game, reserve team game and priority slips for cup games. 

You were only a babe in arms then.

I couldn't afford a season ticket until I was about 30. My first 20 odd years was pay at the gate.

Edited by ricardo

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Trust you to bring the grim reaper into this. The only supporter I know who went to football dressed as an undertaker...

Ha, ha……yes, that day at The Valley was a bit different but with the floral tribute ending up on Neil Doncaster’s windscreen it did add a little light relief to a very traumatic day.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

. It was a book of tickets for each first team game, reserve team game and priority slips for cup games. 

I remember them. They used to tear the ticket out for the relevant game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I can beat that by ten. All those who reckon we shouldn’t get the discount can refuse to take it when it applies!

Just now, CANARYKING said:

I can beat that by ten. All those who reckon we shouldn’t get the discount can refuse to take it when it applies!

I am happy to take my discount CK. I think we have both earned it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

More than I need so I will send the extra one to you👍

Bring plenty of sweets and be prepared to jump up every 10 minutes when I nip out for a wee. Also I tend to swear at the ref and have been known to boo. Hope that's OK with you Greavsy.

Fine by me Ricardo. 

You good with tangfastics? 

Do you have blankets too? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You were only a babe in arms then.

I couldn't afford a season ticket until I was about 30. My first 20 odd years was pay at the gate.

I was 10. I had that ticket for a couple of seasons but then I used to use it but go through the wooden gate into the Barclay and stand behind the goal near Lil Kemp.and Pat. My grandmother must have had a spy on the case because I didn't get another after I started doing that...

5 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The real problem is we're all living too long. Medical science has transformed lifespans. You only have to look at death notices in the papers to see many of the people have died in their mid-80's and often well beyond.

Back in the day a man retired at 65 and there was a fair chance he wouldn't see his 70th birthday. Now you can retire in your mid-50s and there's a chance you can be retired longer than you worked. That's insane.

No idea what the answer is but the current 65+ benefits just cannot be supported by an ever shrinking working population and an ever growing number in retirement.

Pension age will probably have to go up yet again. And some more liberal approaches to immigration are going to be needed.

Mind you, I don't intend to retire in my field. If the likes of David Attenborough can still be working in his nineties then I'm sure I can still do so - unless my faculties prevent me.