Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket prices 65+

26 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

. And some more liberal approaches to immigration are going to be needed.

Yep, if only there was some kind of union of local nationsĀ  that we could join and encourage freedom of movement within that union. Amazing that no one thought of it before really.

• Like 1

Most of the young men playing at Carrow Road (and many of the senior staff)Ā Ā will doubtless be earning far far more than most of the (generally older) folk in the crowd. As the 'Peter Mendham' thread shows football earnings were not so lucrative in our day.Ā 

That aside many.many younger people work far far more hours for far less reward than footballers and as the Child Benefit issue demonstrates there is government bias towards older people.

Older and younger person concessions exist in other forms of entertainment so should exist in football too.

12 hours ago, City 2nd said:

I,m really sorry to butt in here, but I really do hope the pink un or the club take to task the blatant age discrimination that goes on throughout this thread.

The Equality Act 2010 says you mustn't be discriminated against because of your age.Ā Discrimination which is against the Equality Act is unlawful.Ā 

this thread is obviously unlawful, as are some of the comments being made.

Exactly, giving concessions to people based on age is saying old people are skint which is discrimination šŸ˜‰

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Pension age will probably have to go up yet again. And some more liberal approaches to immigration are going to be needed.

Mind you, I don't intend to retire in my field. If the likes of David Attenborough can still be working in his nineties then I'm sure I can still do so - unless my faculties prevent me.

Fair play. If you really enjoy working and fear retiring might be so boring it hastensĀ your demise then itā€™s probably best to keep on keeping on.

My view is retire as soon as you can so you can enjoy it while youā€™re still relatively fit and able but thereā€™s no right or wrong answer.Ā 

14 hours ago, City 2nd said:

I,m really sorry to butt in here, but I really do hope the pink un or the club take to task the blatant age discrimination that goes on throughout this thread.

The Equality Act 2010 says you mustn't be discriminated against because of your age.Ā Discrimination which is against the Equality Act is unlawful.Ā 

this thread is obviously unlawful, as are some of the comments being made.

The Clubs own approach to Equality issues come under some scrutiny in paragraphs 6,9 and 13 of the attached?

Are they a paragon of virtue in a position to lecture others?

Ā 

ifo_2105-1 (1).prior alternatively go to www.theifo.co.uk and access report from left hand side June 2021

Edited by essex canary

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Fair play. If you really enjoy working and fear retiring might be so boring it hastensĀ your demise then itā€™s probably best to keep on keeping on.

My view is retire as soon as you can so you can enjoy it while youā€™re still relatively fit and able but thereā€™s no right or wrong answer.Ā 

Fair enough. I think a lot of our views (as a society in general)Ā re. retirement are shaped as a lot of people don't really enjoy their work so much - it's more a means to an end. At that point, it's perfectly understandable to want to get out and devote your final days to much more leisure. Not to mention physically more strenuous jobs - the notion of an active firefighter or policeman in their late sixties barely seems physically possible or only in the most truly exceptional cases.

But for me, as a translator, I'm literally paid to sit down at a computer screen and play with words all day. It's not physically arduous at all, and it keeps the old grey matter functioning nicely. There also seems to be, albeit at a fairly nascent stage in research, increasing evidence that retirement is linked to dementia. In other words, when it comes to your brain, it's a case of "use it or lose it".

With that in mind, why not keep working and earning? Doesn't mean I have to take as much on, but I can still keep ticking at it.

11 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You can have 2.5 free season tickets when you get to 50 years in that case.Ā 

And pass them on upon death ?

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Ha, haā€¦ā€¦yes, that day at The Valley was a bit different but with theĀ floral tribute ending up on Neil Doncasterā€™s windscreen it did addĀ a little light relief toĀ aĀ very traumaticĀ day.

Now i wonder who put them under the wipers ? It was made easy by the fact he had a personalised plate.

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

there is government bias towards older people.

**** - they still get their income taxed the same way as everybody else. Only those that survive on a less than full paid state pension get proportionately more benefits than younger people in work.Ā  Stop spreading false information!

28 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

**** - they still get their income taxed the same way as everybody else. Only those that survive on a less than full paid state pension get proportionately more benefits than younger people in work.Ā  Stop spreading false information!

First sentence absolutely true and relevant.

I am not clear what is meant by the remainder.

I can only say that to my knowledge I was in receipt of Child Benefit regardless of my income and my spouse's income. That isn't true for my daughter.

Assuming my memory is correct that is derivative of government policy favouring the elderly probably because the elderly have a greater inclination to vote.

What is false about that?

Ā 

Just now, essex canary said:

First sentence absolutely true and relevant.

I am not clear what is meant by the remainder.

I can only say that to my knowledge I was in receipt of Child Benefit regardless of my income and my spouse's income. That isn't true for my daughter.

Assuming my memory is correct that is derivative of government policy favouring the elderly probably because the elderly have a greater inclination to vote.

What is false about that?

Ā 

It's what is happening today that counts in this argument, what's past is past! You can't punish people just because they "had it so good"! Some pensioners (I can think of Rod Stewart for instance)Ā are capable of having children - they are also open to the current rulings on receipt or otherwise ofĀ child benefits, not what they would have enjoyed if they had had kids when younger.Ā 

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It's what is happening today that counts in this argument, what's past is past! You can't punish people just because they "had it so good"! Some pensioners (I can think of Rod Stewart for instance)Ā are capable of having children - they are also open to the current rulings on receipt or otherwise ofĀ child benefits, not what they would have enjoyed if they had had kids when younger.Ā 

That is as maybe but nothing 'false' about my position in relation to universal benefiits is there?

Besides females of Rod Stewart's age might find having children to be something of a challenge in a biological sense.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder if Rod Stewart gets the bus to the footy...

Perhaps he is a fully paid up member of the Green Party and goes on his bike?

He could then be in favour of scrappimg Child Benefit on the grounds that he doesnt want to encourage more **** Sapiens (not where the current government is coming from).

Maybe the exercise will help with his sperm count?

16 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder if Delia and Michael and their Chauffeur get the bus to the footy?....

They fly now even to home matches.Ā 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well of course cyclists don't get any concessions so perhaps when they get to 65 they could be given a free bell?

At times they take plenty such as riding without helmets or lights (when appropriate) or on pathways (when inappropriate).

34 minutes ago, essex canary said:

At times they take plenty such as riding without helmets or lights (when appropriate) or on pathways (when inappropriate).

Yes they do but it seems unfair that they don't get concessions on their travel. It costs a pensioner the same as anyone else to bike to games.

Are the streams any cheaper for pensioners?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Well of course cyclists don't get any concessions so perhaps when they get to 65 they could be given a free bell?

And there was me thinking they were exempt from the road tax, which drivers have to pay.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

And there was me thinking they were exempt from the road tax, which drivers have to pay.

Just the over 65s? Scandalous...

Perhaps CanaryDan and mates can form a Picket line at tomorrowā€™s match and shout abuse at us old fogies as we hobble to the South standĀ Ā with ourĀ flasks of cocoa

• Haha 1

Just now, daly said:

Perhaps CanaryDan and mates can form a Picket line at tomorrowā€™s match and shout abuse at us old fogies as we hobble to the South standĀ Ā with ourĀ flasks of cocoa

Just for that, I'm going to get the steward to check your cocoa for brandy.

1 hour ago, daly said:

Don'tĀ  forget to wave your discounted ticket at themšŸ˜€

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder if Rod Stewart gets the bus to the footy...

Sails there surely?Ā 

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Don'tĀ  forget to wave your discounted ticket at themšŸ˜€

Will do if I remember where I put it

• Haha 2