Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket prices 65+

13 hours ago, Big Vince said:

I am sure all Norwich supporters are Labour, I mean this is all very Old Labour Let's Have Class Warfare Against The Rich.

If anything statistically most Norwich fans are more likely to vote blue as Norfolk is a very blue area come election times. A lot of the problems with modern politics is it’s too polarising too many focus on what makes us different rather than what we have in common. I wouldn’t begrudge anyone for having money they have worked for it’s the system that’s a fault. A bank says someone can’t afford a mortgage so that person has to rent somewhere paying more rent than a mortgage costs it’s just bonkers to me. It’s not so much about the rich and the poor, it’s more that the current system is too broken to allow people who work hard and earn a good wage to get on the property ladder. I know people who earn 50k a year but can’t get a mortgage on a place in Norwich so they have to rent a house that’s £1200 a month when the mortgage would be £800 a month. Crazy when you actually think about it. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There's the TvB we know and love, muddled logic and poorly constructed arguments that lead to the inevitable angsty anger. We should stop now before you start crying into my DMs again. 

You've lowered yourself to pretending that you are Jeremy Clarkson and don't care about pollution and the environment, despite professing for years that you do, over what amounts to a cost of £13.86 of bus subsidy per person. Was £13.86 a year really worth that? That's the figure for all bus subsidies by the way, including for the disabled and discretionary assistance for young people (e.g. low income children who live a long way from school).

£13.86 a year enough to get you outraged enough to profess that you'd rather we just had the extra congestion and extra pollution instead. Really quite remarkable. Some of us don't own a cycle CanaryDan23, won't see me moaning about subsidies for the Bike2Work scheme and other initiatives. Pathetic.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You can have the last word, but I won't bother to read it.

🤣

Man of conviction, aren't you?!

Edited by canarydan23

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

🤣

Man of conviction, aren't you?!

Man of conviction aren't you....

On 10/01/2023 at 22:29, canarydan23 said:

It is about consideration for others, yes. When I cycle to work, I take up about 20% of the road space a car does and beyond the odd fart, emit 100% less CO2.

So for every 100 people who commute by bike, that's 500 less cars

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Giving a free bus pass to people who can afford other means could be damaging to the taxi, automotive and car park sectors.

To save TvB from another meltdown and derailing multiple threads, I'll get the conversation back on topic.

It is increasingly difficult to justify the 65+ discount for season ticket holders. At the very least it should be pegged against the growing state pension age. Means testing it is probably not a practical option for a football club. You can't realistically expect someone at NCFC to request proof of income, etc, purely for a few thousand individuals getting a cheaper season ticket. Nor is it reasonable to expect people to provide bank statements, pension statements, etc, to their football club.

It is easier for a government to means test and it remains ridiculous that the state subsidises a not incosiderate number of wealthy people over the age of 65 with things like bus passes, winter fuel allowance, NHS prescriptions, a pension top-up for those with sizeable private pots and TV licences for 75+ rich folk. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

To save TvB from another meltdown and derailing multiple threads, I'll get the conversation back on topic.

It is increasingly difficult to justify the 65+ discount for season ticket holders. At the very least it should be pegged against the growing state pension age. Means testing it is probably not a practical option for a football club. You can't realistically expect someone at NCFC to request proof of income, etc, purely for a few thousand individuals getting a cheaper season ticket. Nor is it reasonable to expect people to provide bank statements, pension statements, etc, to their football club.

It is easier for a government to means test and it remains ridiculous that the state subsidises a not incosiderate number of wealthy people over the age of 65 with things like bus passes, winter fuel allowance, NHS prescriptions, a pension top-up for those with sizeable private pots and TV licences for 75+ rich folk. 

But you could say if you qualify for pension credits in the example of a pensioner, or other benefits for non pensioners you get a discount. So the means testing result is still applied, just not facilitated by the club. 

17 hours ago, daly said:

PS Would still go to CR even if they didn’t but would have to stop buying 3 bottles of Brandy a week

The problem with the brandy at Carrow Rd comes when they warm the glass, I've tried to tell them but end up snorting JD. 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But you could say if you qualify for pension credits in the example of a pensioner, or other benefits for non pensioners you get a discount. So the means testing result is still applied, just not facilitated by the club. 

I'd be happy with that, easy to prove you're eligible and limited administration involved.

To be honest, whilst I wasn't too impressed with the club upping their season ticket prices last year, if they'd come out and said, "we're upping the cost of a general season ticket but this is enabling us to overhaul our structures and concessions policy which will making attending Carrow Road viable for people currently priced out", I'd have happily paid the additional £30 or whatever it was.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd be happy with that, easy to prove you're eligible and limited administration involved.

To be honest, whilst I wasn't too impressed with the club upping their season ticket prices last year, if they'd come out and said, "we're upping the cost of a general season ticket but this is enabling us to overhaul our structures and concessions policy which will making attending Carrow Road viable for people currently priced out", I'd have happily paid the additional £30 or whatever it was.

It's hard to  take things away from people. 

Wasnt the concessions 60 previously and then increased to 65,so some people got it then had it taken away for a period. I may have imagined that though, but sure I'd read it here. 

The qualifying status of receiving certain benefits would work well in my opinion. Just show proof to the club, depending upon on the benefit it won't be required more than once a year. I remember having to prove my child's age a few seasons into having a season ticket. Similar scenario. 

It is increasingly difficult to justify the 65+ discount for season ticket holders. At the very least it should be pegged against the growing state pension age.

I totally agree that it should be pegged to state pension age and that the further discount at 75 should be abolished entirely.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It's hard to  take things away from people. 

Wasnt the concessions 60 previously and then increased to 65,so some people got it then had it taken away for a period. I may have imagined that though, but sure I'd read it here. 

That's definitely correct. The guy I used to sit next to in the upper Barcley turned 60 just as the age was raised to 65 for the following season. He was so incenced he never renewed his season ticket. 

Each to their own I suppose

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Very true, but as more than 70% of our nation's wealth is held by those aged 65+, what rationale is there for subsidising their season tickets? And bus passes? And triple locked pensions?

It will change over the years, we've already seen it with the TV licence. You can't continue to expect objectively poorer generations to continue to subsidise the lifestyles of their richer elders.

Especially when those richer elders rage when young people buy a coffee instead of making their own. Or have the temerity to own a Netflix account.

You are as usual trying to confuse the situation with too much irrelevant information. The affordability of a season ticket depends on relative income rather than wealth. It’s obvious that wealth ownership is skewed towards older people as it builds up over time, largely through home ownership. How much people can pay for a season ticket is governed by their income. For many older people the 2 don’t equate, unless you are suggesting people who own houses sell them to pay for their tickets.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

That's definitely correct. The guy I used to sit next to in the upper Barcley turned 60 just as the age was raised to 65 for the following season. He was so incenced he never renewed his season ticket. 

Each to their own I suppose

Cheers Hairy. 

Didn't think id imagined it. 

I can remember the scenario of people getting it for one year, then having it taken away for 4, not sure that actually happened. 

I get why the person you mention got the knark. Not sure I'd vote with my feet, but each to their own as you say 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Get promoted though and it is a 9.5% increase per game!!!!

Higher quality experience. 

Plus less fuel / travel / parking expenses (unless you get a free bus) due to less games.... 

26 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You are as usual trying to confuse the situation with too much irrelevant information. The affordability of a season ticket depends on relative income rather than wealth. It’s obvious that wealth ownership is skewed towards older people as it builds up over time, largely through home ownership. How much people can pay for a season ticket is governed by their income. For many older people the 2 don’t equate, unless you are suggesting people who own houses sell them to pay for their tickets.

No, but if they are struggling I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to unlock some of their equity rather than expect others, the majority of whom are less wealthy, to subsidise a discount in terms of a season ticket, or in the grander scheme of things, TV licences, prescriptions, bus passes, etc. I don't have much sympathy for a "woe is me, I have little cash in my account and a low income but my half million pound house is completely paid for" attitude.

Also, has it been confirmed that season ticket prices are frozen? And what the deadlines are? I hope they have the sense to make the initial deadline at the end of February to squeeze another pay day in.

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Also, has it been confirmed that season ticket prices are frozen? And what the deadlines are? I hope they have the sense to make the initial deadline at the end of February to squeeze another pay day in.

Frozen officially and first renewal is mid March. 

Didn't you get the email? 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/forward-together-season-ticket-prices-frozen-for-2023-24-renewal

The club can now confirm general admission season ticket details for the 2023/24 campaign.

General admission season ticket prices for the coming season have been frozen.

Supporters can renew from today (Wednesday, February 1) to ensure the price of their seat remains the same. Fans will receive an information pack via the post from today containing specific information about their seat for the upcoming campaign.

Prices will increase from Wednesday, March 15 and supporters will have until Tuesday, May 2 to renew.

No action is required for existing season ticket holders paying by direct debit, unless any account details require updating, if supporters wish to move seats or wish to cancel their ticket. If so, please contact the Ticket Office on 01603 72 1902 (option one) before March 15, 2023.

Supporters who pay by debit or credit card will be able to renew their tickets online, or over the phone on 01603 721902 (option one).

If renewing online, season ticket holders must look for the ‘Forward Together’ banner at the top of the page on our ticketing website here and select ‘renew today'.

Season ticket holders can access a variety of benefits, including the opportunity to spread the cost interest free, priority access to cup ticket and events, official merchandise discount, along with Yellow rewards.

Please note that season tickets are not currently available for general sale. Those who wish to be added to the club’s season ticket waiting list should visit our dedicated page here or call our Ticket Office.

Further information regarding seasonal hospitality will be confirmed at a later date.

Full details can be found at our dedicated season ticket page canaries.co.uk/season-tickets.

Season ticket holders are also encouraged to complete a survey regarding Rail Seating plans at Carrow Road (canaries.co.uk/railseating).

Edited by Greavsy

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes it has on both the website and via mail which dropped through my letterbox today.

Deadline dates are 14th March, 6th April and 2nd of May.

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Didn't you get the email? 

Nope. Odd as I got that one the other day with the "you have been a season ticket holder for 20+ years" and "you've seen Grant Hanley more than anyone else", etc.

you can renew online from now anyways, so should be good from there. 

details as above, and confirmed by Officer Tilly too! 

On 01/02/2023 at 11:20, nutty nigel said:

There are some people who turn 21 who can easily afford the rise while there are others who can't. Like with all age groups.

But like with all age groups there are also choices. I have to choose between Sky and season ticket. My priority probably different to others. 

No doubt there are those that can and can't- would be interesting to know if there is much of a drop off rate when people hit that increase. The interest free direct debit option always made paying for mine so much easier and not every club offers that.

I think largely we have our season ticketing right, although I think if we expand the ground it would be worth putting a couple of smaller areas (likely corner infills) in a lower price bracket to attract some younger fans but that is pie in the sky.

No, but if they are struggling I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation to unlock some of their equity rather than expect others, the majority of whom are less wealthy, to subsidise a discount in terms of a season ticket, or in the grander scheme of things, TV licences, prescriptions, bus passes, etc. I don't have much sympathy for a "woe is me, I have little cash in my account and a low income but my half million pound house is completely paid for" attitude.

Dont fret Dano, the powers that be are working on it, equity release schemes, fair deal nursing home schemes etc will ensure that within 100 years , maybe less, only the very wealthiest will be able to leave any money etc to their descendants.  They know where the money is and theyre coming for it.

Its their home.

Not everybody just views their house as an asset or a pile of cash. For many its their home. Which they have birthed and raised their kids in, created memories in. My grandmother wouldn't ever leave her home because of all the additions my grandad made to it, with his own hands, he passed away, she probably didn't want to leave the living room where she could still envisage him sitting in his chair, for fear of losing memories (a very real worry for old people, obviously).

Yes, she could "unlock some equity" and move into a 2 bed in a cheaper area so you don't have to begrudge her 1 bus trip a week to go shopping and meet one of the few friends she still has alive. Or... she could stay in the home that she raised her children in, where she feels safe, comfortable, has decades long relationships with neighbours who look out for her and help her when she needs it, and tell you to get f*cked. I support the latter idea. 

You don't have sympathy for your point of view, mainly because you are the one coming across as the whiny victim, not them. You seem to have no grasp of the notion of community, sadly symptomatic of modern day society, we can all spot the person who doesn't check up on 84 year old Ethel down the road. 

A lot of elderly people can't handle the stress of moving and it leads to an early death. I don't know what problems you have in your life to make you feel this bitter about how some other people have got some money which was never yours, but whatever it is... I don't think its being caused by old people. A lot of people are happy where they live because they know and trust their neighbours. You may be unsociable and not grasp this concept, but some of us do. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its their home.

Not everybody just views their house as an asset or a pile of cash. For many its their home. Which they have birthed and raised their kids in, created memories in. My grandmother wouldn't ever leave her home because of all the additions my grandad made to it, with his own hands, he passed away. Yes, she could "unlock some equity" so you don't have to begrudge her 1 bus trip a week to go shopping and meet one of the few friends she still has alive. Or... she could stay in the home that she raised her children in, where she feels safe, comfortable, has decades long relationships with neighbours who look out for her and help her when she needs it. 

You don't have sympathy for your "woe is me, I have little cash in my account" point of view, mainly because you are the one coming across as the whiny victim, not them. You seem to have no grasp of the notion of community, sadly symptomatic of modern day society, we can all spot the person who doesn't check up on 84 year old Ethel down the road. 

A lot of elderly people can't handle the stress of moving and it leads to an early death. I don't know what problems you have in your life to make you feel this angry, but whatever it is... I don't think its being caused by old people. 

Another TvB post, another strawman.

40 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Dont fret Dano, the powers that be are working on it, equity release schemes, fair deal nursing home schemes etc will ensure that within 100 years , maybe less, only the very wealthiest will be able to leave any money etc to their descendants.  They know where the money is and theyre coming for it.

Basically its the fault of old people that Canarydan23 hasn't been as successful as he'd hoped in his life. Oh well, his problem.

Presumably though you do think it’s reasonable to subsidise  younger people who are currently building up their wealth.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not a strawman but truth.

You see a pile of equity, they see their home.

I'm assuming you don't understand what equity release is? It doesn't involve them selling their home or moving out anywhere. Your entire retort was based on the idea that I believe they should have to sell up and move. I never said that or even implied it. Hence the strawman. Or do you not understand what a strawman is, either?