Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket prices 65+

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Funny but that doesn't seem to happen round my way Nutty. Before people reached bus pass age they'd always drive into town as they didn't want to mix with the great unwashed but now it's free the cars never seem to come out of the garages.

Glad to hear it. There's great joy to be found on the buses and the  great unwashed are probably happy with the extra company🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I dont get the point, ok they aren't sent out automatically,  and need to be applied for, but the only criteria is how old you are, so its not means tested as such. Fair play if there is anyone who is entitled but hasn't claimed theirs as they don't need to, although doubt there are many, and it wouldn't change the situation as below.

The busses have to run irrespective of take up. So the subsidy is used irrespective of numbers on the bus. Ie its paid for even if no benefit is achieved.  

The disability concession you brought into the discussion,  keep up.

What disability concessions? Or do you mean the free bus passes the disabled get. You brought it up btw.

The buses run regardless but if 10% are free travellers 90% are paying. If you give everyone free travel that 90% income is lost. Where would you find the money for such a subsidy?

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Isn't the main problem here that David McNally removed concessionary prices from certain areas of the ground and that they have never been restored plus at the young peoples end we are less generous than some other Clubs?

Another component element of being a self-funded Club. The loyal supporters pay more.

McNally removed concessions for centre block seats in both the City Stand and South Stand as he described them as the best seats in the house like at theatres where you pay a premium price for such seats.

Can't really argue with that or maybe you can ?

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

3 years ago I told my neighbour that the seat next to mine was available. He bought it and paid £170 less than me. He had never been to Carrow Road in his life and had previously been a Chelsea season ticket holder before retiring here. And by the way, he's got more money than he knows what to do with.

Elementary error there and now you're stewing about it.

If I'd known my neighbour was a season ticket holder at that place I'd have kept shtoom. It's also means that a genuine Norwich fan didn't get that seat.

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Free prescriptions when you get to 60 ( winky face )

Don't the jocks and the Welsh get them at any age? 

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What disability concessions? Or do you mean the free bus passes the disabled get. You brought it up btw.

The buses run regardless but if 10% are free travellers 90% are paying. If you give everyone free travel that 90% income is lost. Where would you find the money for such a subsidy?

You brought up the disability concessions. I wasn't aware of them so I can't comment. Not sure how I can bring up something I don't know of their existence. 

Yes that works for your example. But not for the off peak busses than run empty of any passenger. (my understanding is the pensioner pass isn't valid on peak) That was the point. 

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Free prescriptions when you get to 60 ( winky face )

Let's really put the boot in and mention the free eye and hearing tests.

Oh, nearly forgot the winter fuel allowance.

Full speed ahead on the gravy train...woo....woo ( wink )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Don't the jocks and the Welsh get them at any age? 

In Scotland prescriptions free for all, and free bus passes for ages 5 to 22 and over 60 for nearly all journeys. 🥳

Apples

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You brought up the disability concessions. I wasn't aware of them so I can't comment. Not sure how I can bring up something I don't know of their existence. 

Yes that works for your example. But not for the off peak busses than run empty of any passenger. (my understanding is the pensioner pass isn't valid on peak) That was the point. 

Free concessions aren't valid before 9.30 but are all day after that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

In Scotland prescriptions free for all, and free bus passes for ages 5 to 22 and over 60 for nearly all journeys. 🥳

Apples

So with their population being less than England who pays for those? 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Wee Jimmy Krankie

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That bloody Barnett formula again. Keeps the accountants busy ... 😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

is that like XG? 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You not being aware of them is what brought them up. It was the crass comment about "only the elderly who get mental health issues"

So you want all travel free or just off peak travel? What is your point? Whichever way it would cost more money so what would you cut to find that money?

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You not being aware of them is what brought them up. It was the crass comment about "only the elderly who get mental health issues"

So you want all travel free or just off peak travel? What is your point? Whichever way it would cost more money so what would you cut to find that money?

How can I possibly bring up something im not aware of? 

The crass comment was actually a question, (apologies for missing the ? off) shame you've not reflected the rest of that post too where i suggest the cause rather than the symptom is targeted. I'll link it here for ease.

Anyways if you're going to be deliberately obtuse ill leave you be. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hmmm dunno, I'm just an economic migrant milking the system. 🤔🤷‍♂️🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

For a self funding club freezing prices or giving discounts to coffin dodgers is ridiculous 

they should be striving to maximise revenue per seat, move the demographic of the club supporters more upmarket

hopefully when the American takes over we will have a much more sensible approach to revenue generation 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

hopefully when the American takes over we will have a much more sensible approach to revenue generation 

I'm sure this particular strategy was agreed by Attanasio - if not problems at Board level are worse than I thought!

37 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Free concessions aren't valid before 9.30 but are all day after that.

How would you like a 'Chatty Bus' Smiffy? I remember before the pandemic such a scheme being launched in Norwich but I'm not sure it's been a thing since Covid struck. Great idea though...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/20762686.chatty-bus-launches-bring-people-together-combat-loneliness/

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

As my late Father also said...."What you've never had, you'll never miss."...... 

Like a billionaire benefactor?

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

As my late Father also said...."What you've never had, you'll never miss."...... 

Did he also say "buy cheap, buy twice"? 

56 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I used to think it was some kind of hair treatment.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Where was he looking at the time ?