Sign in to follow this  
daz

Out of the playoffs 😑

27 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

How can Luton be doing so well???

If we'd actually played well and won games we wouldn't have lost earlier this season it wouldn't matter how well Luton are doing. But apparently Smith was worth sacking Farke for so what do I know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daz said:

Luton got a 88th min winner. 

Even without that , a draw would have taken them above us, & pushed us out of the top 6.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

If we'd actually played well and won games we wouldn't have lost earlier this season it wouldn't matter how well Luton are doing. But apparently Smith was worth sacking Farke for so what do I know. 

Smith was still manager of Villa when Farke was sacked.

6 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We have a game in hand on two teams above us with a big chunk of the season to go. It's not really something to get that bothered about.

Probably the first things I’ve read you’ve posted that I agree with I think hell just froze over 😂

3 hours ago, K Lo said:

Yep, but in Webber's mind he was our number one target right? 🤣

8 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

How can Luton be doing so well???

Well organised, passionate, no over inflated expectation from the partisan fan base 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

After that utter shambles with Smith earlier in the season, I'd bite your hands off for a playoff final against Luton.

Revenge for 59.

5 hours ago, K Lo said:

I feel there was a crossover. I feel like the Villa sacking was literally when not if and Webber would have put caretakers in just waiting.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A part of me want's Luton to go up as the idea of Kenilworth Road in the premier league is hillarious

Have they still not started on their new ground? Jesus, what a saga that is ...

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Have they still not started on their new ground? Jesus, what a saga that is ...

As the person who first identified the site near the m1 which is further 

Sheffield and Cambridge. FYI

As the person who first identified the site near the M1 in 1985 if memory serves.(it is actually further away from a motorway junction than the ricoh is to the m6. Sour grapes me.) I have always taken a keen interest in the saga I have been told that groundwork have started at Power Court but haven't seen for myself.

Meanwhile whoever mentioned it they were right to say luton fans have no expectations of promotion but are happy about how well they are doing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A part of me want's Luton to go up as the idea of Kenilworth Road in the premier league is hillarious

The national media thought the idea of Norwich City in the EPL was a joke. Over to you Mr A.

14 minutes ago, daz said:

Down to 8th after wba win again tonight 🙈

One win from 4th though. Tight in the play offs. I’m confident we have enough quality in our team to firmly slot in. 2nd has gone unless Sheff Utd implode and the others in contention meltdown. Seeing Luton up there is entirely bizarre though, suggests to me the league is really poor this season. 

Our league position means two fifths of fcuk all in early February, especially with how tight it all is. Performances and points are all we need to worry about; where in the table we finish will look after itself.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Thanks 1

No. It's time for Wagner to leave. 

He hasn't done his job.  I know it's been 2 games and we've won them both but seriously,  how much more time are we going to give him?

Webber out. Delia out. Wagner out. 

• Haha 3

That we're scratching around for a place off place is an indictment of the dreadful practices of Dean Smith and also the fault of Webber in not acting sooner in sacking him.

A playoff place should have been the minimum

We are not getting beaten by Luton, it’s Luton for gods sake. Have you seen the state of their airport?

No, we go to war with Luton. F&£k Luton.

• Haha 1