Surely we don't want a loan, as that runs down his contract. Would have thought we accept any kind of offer as money in bank and additional money released from wage bill

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Surely we don't want a loan, as that runs down his contract. Would have thought we accept any kind of offer as money in bank and additional money released from wage bill

I doubt there are any permanent offers.  Wigan covering his wages are as good as it gets.

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I don't imagine Sinani sees himself as a Lg1 player and it looks highly likely Wigan will be there next season.

Even if no fee, you'd think we can get some wages off the books and Danel gets half a season of starts to secure his next deal. Wigan get an attacker who is probably above them.

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

We don't always get the choice. Right now he appears behind Dowell, Onel, Rowe, Arsenal lad and also may have Placheta hot on his heels. Better to get him off the wages and get him playing regularly than keep him around for the sake of it.

If he helps them take points off of our rivals and his wages are covered, then happy days 

He had his moments and let's face it, Sinani was a cheap punt from an unheralded league in the hope Farke could get more out of him. Hardly cost us much, provided a few decent moments, but ultimately fell a shade short. Best of luck to him if this is his last time with us.

• Like 3

Cantwell, Hugill and Sinani are all those we expected to leave this window. Probably not the financial outcomes we were hoping for, but at least their off the wage bill so we can add Tzolis and Marquinhos on it.

As good a place as any to post-

From the Pinkuns transfer window watch as of now, Sinani is as good as gone but there is one other expected departure before the deadline. I wonder who?

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

From the Pinkuns transfer window watch as of now, Sinani is as good as gone but there is one other expected departure before the deadline. I wonder who?

Michael McGovern to Real Madrid. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Awful player, best off without him 

Did well for Huddersfield at times last season, his biggest issue is consistency which is often the case with wingers

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Michael McGovern to Real Madrid. 

To Huddersfield more realistically. BBC Look North reported they are desperate to get a keeper in! 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

but there is one other expected departure before the deadline. I wonder who?

One out of Placheta or Tsoliz back out on loan would be my guess, now that we've signed that Brazilian.

21 minutes ago, AJ said:

Did well for Huddersfield at times last season, his biggest issue is consistency which is often the case with wingers

I would say he had no issue with his consistency as he was consistently s**te 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Has our badge changed or am I seeing things?

It's for climate awareness game week thingy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Keith Scott hopefully. He seems to have gone quiet recently, can’t imagine why. 🤔

Edited by Nuff Said

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's a shame because everybody else does.

I have to admit that despite having watched about 90 % of citys games iin the last few years i can barely remember seeing him play .Was he really here at all ? 

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell, Hugill and Sinani are all those we expected to leave this window. Probably not the financial outcomes we were hoping for, but at least their off the wage bill so we can add Tzolis and Marquinhos on it.

Milot should have gone ahead of them all..

4 hours ago, mrD66M said:

Agree with that.

I think there was an attitude problem there, although what form it took is difficult to work out. Did he lose interest in NCFC once we were in the Chumps?

He did actually have sufficient moments in the PL for us to assume that he would 'rip the Championship apart.'

This never happened in the slightest. Now it seems that he is doing well at Galatasaray, but apparently they do not have much money.

I feel that we could reasonably expect to get £5m back on him. The problem is finding a club willing or able to pay it. Meanwhile, we are stuck with his PL wages.

No sign of an attitude problem with Sinani. He always did his very best. Good luck to him.

Edited by BroadstairsR

20 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Agree with that.

I think there was an attitude problem there, although what form it took is difficult to work out. Did he lose interest in NCFC once we were in the Chumps?

He did actually have sufficient moments in the PL for us to assume that he would 'rip the Championship apart.'

This never happened in the slightest. Now it seems that he is doing well at Galatasaray, but apparently they do not have much money.

I feel that we could reasonably expect to get £5m back on him. The problem is finding a club willing or able to pay it. Meanwhile, we are stuck with his PL wages.

No sign of an attitude problem with Sinani. He always did his very best. Good luck to him.

I think it made sense not to sell Rashica this window even if it was possible. If Galatasaray get into the CL, they may be willing to pay more for him.

Even in the PL when Rashica seemed more motivated, I personally found him a one-dimensional player who had very little awareness of what was happening around him on the pitch.

I agree with your comment about his attitude and the contrast with Sinani who, although not greatly talented, always did his best.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mrD66M said:

He's not going to agree to terminate his loan while his loan club are top of the league is he.

Going to win a major trophy. 

Incredibly really that the player we saw looking so lost and clueless at the start of this season could be about to help his team qualify for the Champions League and wear a league winners medal around his neck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's not going to agree to terminate his loan while his loan club are top of the league is he.

Incredibly really that the player we saw looking so lost and clueless at the start of this season could be about to help his team qualify for the Champions League and wear a league winners medal around his neck.

Always seemed to think he was too good for us. Last season proved he wasn't.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I never thought he was that bad, we just did not play to his strength.  His defensive work was pretty good.

I agree this season he should have torn the championship up, but he is clearly happier where he is.

Gala have got Milot for this season regardless had they bought him outright or not. I think this shows we're not prepared to sell at the wrong price, and nor should we.