SwearyCanary

Call me crazy, but……

11 minutes ago, daly said:

Shame on you, the old boys in the Old Foggies stand at least stayed till the end in general 

To be fair in a lot of cases in God’s waiting room there’s an issue with mobility so safer to wait until the end ( wink )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

Weird post. I’m in the South Stand. And I stayed til the end. Maybe a bit more water in the whisky next time. 

Fair play to you Sweary for putting your b*lls on the line re autos.

Shame they got chopped off at the first hurdle 😀

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Fair play to you Sweary for putting your b*lls on the line re autos.

Shame they got chopped off at the first hurdle 😀

Mathematically my balls are still attached, but I’d definitely say the knife is sharpening. I’ll settle for a Wembley victory (on a comfy seat) 

• Haha 1

Weird post. I’m in the South Stand. And I stayed til the end. Maybe a bit more water in the whisky next time. 

Agreed! Wtf was that post?! I’ve been on this forum for a few years, post intermittently, appreciate others’ opinions but fk me I can’t contain it any longer - there’s so many posters on here that spout dinosaur ****e lately it’s embarrassing. I get that compared to other club forums we’re fairly moderate but sometimes the amount of sexist crap I read blows my mind. And then if you question it out come the “anti-woke” crew. Which is laughable. It’s not even about being “woke” it’s about being a decent person. 

Anyway, Sweary, Norwich won’t get autos, play offs if lucky and then that’s a gamble. Likelihood is a rebuild next season but then that brings the question of finance into it. And that’s answers your original topic and post. 

• Like 1

I’m still positive. I definitely think autos relied on a result today, but a good run and we will settle top 6 by the final curtain. Playoffs absolutely a gamble as you say, the rebuild is a must. I’d say going up could be dicey but the reality is other teams could just as well be in a similar position to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m still positive. I definitely think autos relied on a result today, but a good run and we will settle top 6 by the final curtain. Playoffs absolutely a gamble as you say, the rebuild is a must. I’d say going up could be dicey but the reality is other teams could just as well be in a similar position to us. 

I’m not pessimistic. I just know the level of rebuild that’s needed. I’m actually looking forward to seeing some old guard leave. I think it’s important for the 11 to move forward without some of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Agree. I think we’ll somehow make the Play Offs. 

Sweary thought you posted earlier that you were in the Snakepit didn’t realise you attended CR with us old foggies in the South Stand

I’d just love a run of home games where we can show a bit more support after getting our noses in front. Slim pickings to get behind today, but it felt like we were itching to. I sense so much hope for Wagner to be the man. 

PS

Time for the nurse to make my hot milk and give me a quick rub down before bed

Can’t wait

• Haha 1

Just now, daly said:

Sweary thought you posted earlier that you were in the Snakepit didn’t realise you attended CR with us old foggies in the South Stand

No, Snake Pit is a bit of a s*** viewpoint in my opinion so wouldn’t go there. There’s usually some decent noise coming from there, but less to go on today. I do struggle with the reluctance to cheer and chant in the South stand though, I posted a while ago about an old boy ‘telling off’ a guy chanting completely positive chants because it was irritating him, which the chap rightly took exception to and chanted more vociferously. I honestly believe there’s scope to provide areas on the ground designated for more than just families. An OAP zone with cushions and comfy blankets for your knees ‘winking emoji’

4 minutes ago, daly said:

PS

Time for the nurse to make my hot milk and give me a quick rub down before bed

Can’t wait

I bet she can 

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

If we don’t make play offs then this season is an absolute travesty given the squad we have. Admittedly Smith’s tenure didn’t help but really we should be sitting near the top 2 not languishing where we are and that’s me looking at this in consideration of the players we have. We’re embarrassingly underachieving 

No, Snake Pit is a bit of a s*** viewpoint in my opinion so wouldn’t go there. There’s usually some decent noise coming from there, but less to go on today. I do struggle with the reluctance to cheer and chant in the South stand though, I posted a while ago about an old boy ‘telling off’ a guy chanting completely positive chants because it was irritating him, which the chap rightly took exception to and chanted more vociferously. I honestly believe there’s scope to provide areas on the ground designated for more than just families. An OAP zone with cushions and comfy blankets for your knees ‘winking emoji’

I still find it amusing that any credence is put on the “snakepit” as an actual thing anymore. The lower lower Barclay is where the noise is at or was when I last went to a live game which has been years because of personal circumstances. The problem has always been fuddies pouring scorn on those willing to raise the noise and that’s throughout the stadium. Carrow is a dead rubber in terms of vibe and has been since the halcyon days of 18/19. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d just love a run of home games where we can show a bit more support after getting our noses in front. Slim pickings to get behind today, but it felt like we were itching to. I sense so much hope for Wagner to be the man. 

He might be, he might not. Must admit I was expecting a whole lot more today. Had we lost 3-0 piling men forward and missing chance after chance I would have been happier, but it was a disappointingly lack lustre performance.

I didn't think Burnley were all that but they won't have many more comfortable wins in terms of shots on their goal.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Therein lies the operative word! Our home form is truly appalling, one win in ELEVEN I believe! As Rob Butler said, 'that's relegation form'! Only way we will achieve your 'somehow' is for a miraculous return to winning matches at FCR and with our current keeper and defence that looks like a very slim prospect.