norfolkngood

Late Move For Pukki ??

Just thinking Someone like Everton might come in for him ?

They need a striker proven in the PL he would not cost much in Terms of Transfer ( PL standard fees) Out of Contract in summer 

Everton could nearly double his money in wages  and to be honest better than they have ,

Dyche was saying they need a striker they could do a lot worse than Pukki short term 

of course we would put up a fight and it would be madness to let him go as we are still in the hunt for a play off but could happen ? 

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

They need a striker proven in the PL he would not cost much in Terms of Transfer ( PL standard fees) Out of Contract in summer 

Everton could nearly double his money in wages  and to be honest better than they have ,

Dyche was saying they need a striker they could do a lot worse than Pukki short term 

of course we would put up a fight and it would be madness to let him go as we are still in the hunt for a play off but could happen ? 

I bloody hope not!

Wagner has said we have enough strikers, so surely if Pukki was to leave that would mean we don't have enough, unless of course we got someone in last minute. Also can't see anyone being too keen to go to Everton, new manager but they are still in a right mess as a club.

I've said before that I'm amazed that a club like Everton hasn't come in for him before now.  That said, given the absence of creativity in their midfield and with not much in the kitty to remedy that I suspect that in the short term at least it is going to be classic Dycheball based for them.  Which we all know isn't likely to play to Pukki's strengths.

Antonio would be more their sort of player I would have thought, and has be suggested that he will move on from West Ham.

1 minute ago, Barham Blitz said:

I've said before that I'm amazed that a club like Everton hasn't come in for him before now.  That said, given the absence of creativity in their midfield and with not much in the kitty to remedy that I suspect that in the short term at least it is going to be classic Dycheball based for them.  Which we all know isn't likely to play to Pukki's strengths.

yes i agree with Dyche ball but he has spoken about how he can adapt etc 

they will be in a scrap so i am sure any system will do to beat the drop 

but Pukki might get enough goals for you to stay up 

he is proven out of contract and on 50k a week you would of thought a PL team team would have thought short term he would be a good player 

Someone like West ham would suit his style off play and they are looking for strikers 

i just think a gamble of  say 10 million on Pukki would be better than a lot of others on Market as he is proven 

14 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Pukki clearly doesn't want to be playing in the Champs next season, that's the issue.

So I doubt he'd join the team in 20th.

And we'd be mad to sell him.

Need 4 months of him really enjoying his football under Wagner and scoring lots of goals, to give us the best chance of keeping hold of him, whether in this division or the one above.

7 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

I've said before that I'm amazed that a club like Everton hasn't come in for him before now.  

I'm sure plenty of clubs have enquired about Pukki then put the phone down when being quoted for his transfer fee.

He's been worth more to us than his market value due to his age, essentially.

• Like 4

Think I saw they're after Gyokeres at Coventry. Last year or the year before I could have seen Pukki, but not when he'll be 33 in a month or so.

From his point of view as well, Everton are not necessarily staying up and I doubt Teemu would be particularly enticed for 5 months in another PL struggle just to be back at this level. 

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i just think a gamble of  say 10 million on Pukki would be better than a lot of others on Market as he is proven 

He's 33 in a couple of months and a free agent in 5 months, there is simply no chance that anybody will pay £10m for him, that's crazy talk.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's 33 in a couple of months and a free agent in 5 months, there is simply no chance that anybody will pay £10m for him, that's crazy talk.

when i said 10 million gamble wages plus transfer total spend 10 million to a PL club is peanuts if he keeps them up 

28 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

when i said 10 million gamble wages plus transfer total spend 10 million to a PL club is peanuts if he keeps them up 

10 million....IF .  If pukki goes for 10 mill this window , ill double my Cantwell payment to Nuttyos Funds.  

Serious pledge.  😇

Edited by wcorkcanary

46 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

As strikers go, I think he’s more capable of carrying on at a decent level for a couple of years yet.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As strikers go, I think he’s more capable of carrying on at a decent level for a couple of years yet.

You may well be correct Nuffo , but i don't think he'll fetch 10 mill.

Anyone know of any similar examples?

Giving Sean Dyche a player like Pukki in the January transfer window is akin to giving a Pogo Stick to a kid in a wheelchair.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

You may well be correct Nuffo , but i don't think he'll fetch 10 mill.

Anyone know of any similar examples?

i was talking total cost short term say 5 million fee and 5 million wages as a example 

that would be a cheap buy for a team that needs goals to keep them up 

5 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i was talking total cost short term say 5 million fee and 5 million wages as a example 

Hmmm, ok, if you say so. 

So we'd only get 5? Pukki and taxman get the rest?

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

It won't happen.

• To sell our best striker so close to the deadline would mean we'd demand a much more significant fee than anyone is likely to pay for a player of his age and contract status
  • We'd have no time to source a replacement so, again, it would have to be an offer above any sensible valuation to make us consider it
  • The fact it is the last day of the window also means Pukki has no leverage if he wanted to force something through. 
  • Like 2

Pukki in the team represents our best chance of going up again.

If it is, as is likely, through the play-offs Pukki's work-rate, intelligence and goals will be vital.

If he is worth £10m (??) to give a team like Everton a better chance of staying up, what is he worth to City to give us the best chance of going up?

We need him for the rest of the season. Whatever happens last minute, he has never been one to give anything other than his best.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pukki clearly doesn't want to be playing in the Champs next season, that's the issue.

So I doubt he'd join the team in 20th.

And we'd be mad to sell him.

Need 4 months of him really enjoying his football under Wagner and scoring lots of goals, to give us the best chance of keeping hold of him, whether in this division or the one above.

...very much doubt the thought of playing for us in the EPL will be filling him with exhilaration either.... he's off regardless.   May as well sell if we get a tempting offer.   

3 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Think I saw they're after Gyokeres at Coventry. Last year or the year before I could have seen Pukki, but not when he'll be 33 in a month or so.

From his point of view as well, Everton are not necessarily staying up and I doubt Teemu would be particularly enticed for 5 months in another PL struggle just to be back at this level. 

According to the PinkUn Gyokeres is off Everton's list.

I won't be a happy bunny until tomorrow & Teemu is safely ours.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

It won't happen.

• To sell our best striker so close to the deadline would mean we'd demand a much more significant fee than anyone is likely to pay for a player of his age and contract status
  • We'd have no time to source a replacement so, again, it would have to be an offer above any sensible valuation to make us consider it
  • The fact it is the last day of the window also means Pukki has no leverage if he wanted to force something through. 

Yes I can't see it happening.  If we lose Pukki we have no replacement and our chance of going up via the playoffs drops away dramatically.  Is anyone going to pay enough as a transfer fee to make it worth our while ?  Nope.

I hope this doesn't happen, assuming it doesn't and Sinani gets a move, it will be our most interesting window for a long time.

2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

...very much doubt the thought of playing for us in the EPL will be filling him with exhilaration either.... he's off regardless.   May as well sell if we get a tempting offer.   

How much is tempting, in your opinion  Baggo ? 

18 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Well they always say promotion to the PL is worth £130m LOL

To players and agents, i bet it is. 

Doesn't answer my question though.  Is 10 million enough to  compensate for the chance of missing out on  £130 mill ? 

Does Jorginho only going for £12m worry anybody? Maybe sell Pukki, and use the proceeds to gazump Arsenal and buy Jorginho instead? As if ... 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though, the earlier conversation on this thread questioning Pukki's worth to an EPL club and concluding that £10m was unachievable, then we read that Jorginho is moving for only a couple million more? Really ...

Hope he stays, after all, the momentum has shifted and there is a big air of optimism for the rest of this season with us as joy has returned to the pitch. He will hopefully want to tap into that and help us to get promoted again - and if that happens, I can see him wanting to stay for another year or two as we give it another go in the PL.

• Like 1