CANARYKING

Is Wagner at Pooman Road ?

I may be in a minority of one but I welcome Bluehope to the 'board. Nothing better than some rivalry,  friendly or not, it would be nice if it wasn't just about history.

Also, as has been said, it's a pity that we're not allowed on the other side, banning those with an alternative opinion just creates an echo chamber that does nothing to put an honest spin on where both Clubs are.

FWIW, we are better than them, have been for a dozen years or so, who was it who said 'the table doesn't lie '.....

.... and who's going to finish higher again this Season?

Minority of 1 is probably close. 

I have zero interest in generating crap banter with a binner and even less interest in going on their fan forum and sifting through endlessly pointless posts about all kinds of ITFC related crap. It’s bad enough sifting through the crap on here and I actually CHOOSE to do this.

He isn’t welcome. He literally logged on to try and start a wind up, did badly and has gone quiet. He adds nothing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

He literally logged on to try and start a wind up. 

....it's only bait if you take it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, splendidrush said:

....it's only bait if you take it.

Fair point. And it’s only competition when the opposition have even the slimmest of hopes. I guess this guy loses out in the banter stakes as much as his team lose out on the pitch. 

18 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

I have zero interest in generating crap banter with a binner and even less interest in going on their fan forum and sifting through endlessly pointless posts about all kinds of ITFC related crap. It’s bad enough sifting through the crap on here and I actually CHOOSE to do this.

He isn’t welcome. He literally logged on to try and start a wind up, did badly and has gone quiet. He adds nothing 

Plus it does not help that about 98 percent of Ipswich fans 'banter' is just repeating

"You have no trophies duhhhhhhhhhhh"

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Plus it does not help that about 98 percent of Ipswich fans 'banter' is just repeating

Yup, which is the most boring and also stupid of points.

When I say stupid... I mean, their last trophy, if you want to call it that, was the play off final win of 1999-2000. So 23-24 years ago. Why would you make that your argument? Especially when since then, the team you are slating has actually won the same league, without the need for play-offs, on  three separate occasions? Though no trophy, runners up is still better than play off final winners, and we have one of those too. Oh, and just to add to that, we do have a play-off final win of our own too.

Not quite as good, agreed, but to add to those, we also have the League One title. 4th attempt at trying and currently 7pts off top of the same level and, well, it's not looking good about that title either. 

No, no, if they mean a cup, then it's 1980-81 that you have to go back to. At which point you have to ignore the League Cup title we won in 1984-85.

So I agree with @splendidrush history can be a wonderful thing but probably isn't best brought up as an argument by Ipswich fans considering they have had only one addition to their supposed 'trophy cabinet' since 1981 - that single, solitary Division 1 play off final in 2000. Which in itself is fast approach 23yrs ago. 42 years for one piece of silverware... In the same period we have added a League Cup title, the old Div 1 title, two Championship titles, Championship runners up, Championship Play-off final winners and a League One title.

6-1? Sounds like a Norwich victory against the Ipsh!te doesn't it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maybe I'm being a tad over optimistic but my hope is that, someone, sooner or later, may come over from the other side and have an honest discussion, without instantly resorting to the history books for a defence......

I know they're out there somewhere..... Benjamin Bloom being an example