Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Very Smart

9 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

K I’ll bite. Cantwell has, when he wants, a great talent. Some of the most successful people come across as arrogant but it’s an instilled confidence backed up by talent that gets the job done. If this is him flexing his confidence albeit with a slightly arrogant hint then all power to the kid if he do a job up there. I’m genuinely done with those that want to pull the guy apart for enjoying himself now, and a massive part of me feels that cynical critique is just sour Norfolk grapes. And before you question my background credentials I grew up in Dereham in the a55 end of a **** council area so I know exactly how Norfolk people, from a small backwater town, behave and commenting widely, us rural folk seem to dislike anyone improving themselves on a fundamental level. 

That's not unique to Norfolk, to be fair, but I agree I hope he does well. He'd certainly better deliver for his sake though if this is how he's making an entrance!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

K I’ll bite. Cantwell has, when he wants, a great talent. Some of the most successful people come across as arrogant but it’s an instilled confidence backed up by talent that gets the job done. If this is him flexing his confidence albeit with a slightly arrogant hint then all power to the kid if he do a job up there. I’m genuinely done with those that want to pull the guy apart for enjoying himself now, and a massive part of me feels that cynical critique is just sour Norfolk grapes. And before you question my background credentials I grew up in Dereham in the a55 end of a **** council area so I know exactly how Norfolk people, from a small backwater town, behave and commenting widely, us rural folk seem to dislike anyone improving themselves on a fundamental level. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of 1 person, indoor and text that says 'CASTORE 32Red SETYOUR LIMITS 10 4 71'

I will leave others to comment.

I still wish him well. 

This ridiculously posed and genuinely odd pic in an empty changing room is however a crazy thing to do 60 minutes into his career up there. Is he trying to look like Jesus? What’s he looking at?

The people advising him need to be arrested for cruelty. But then is a 24 year old grown adult actually taking advice from others? We will never know. The comments on it would be an interesting litmus test of things to come for him 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

He spoke well there. Much more humble than the picture gives off 

I know its early Sweary  , but I agree 100 %. There's a lot more post interviews and he speaks very well balanced ,  humble and a guy with a mission. WTF has been going on at this end of the country. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I know its early Sweary  , but I agree 100 %. There's a lot more post interviews and he speaks very well balanced ,  humble and a guy with a mission. WTF has been going on at this end of the country. 

Another interview. 

9 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a big chunk of Webber not liking him very much at play. Honestly I can see why people don’t take to Todd based on the social media pictures and posts, the ones people put up on here make me sick in my mouth, but multiply that by the impression a conflicting ego like Stu seems to have in abundance and I can see where the freezing out theory could have emerged from. 
Obviously I don’t rate him much, which is irrelevant, but maybe the ultimatum was given to him that when he was given a couple if chances he would have to make himself undroppable or he would render himself unselectable? Several in here have said his performances this season weren’t that bad (not me obviously lol), perhaps they just needed to be much more than that.  

Edited by SwearyCanary

19 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a big chunk of Webber not liking him very much at play. Honestly I can see why people don’t take to Todd based on the social media pictures and posts, the ones people put up on here make me sick in my mouth, but multiply that by the impression a conflicting ego like Stu seems to have in abundance and I can see where the freezing out theory could have emerged from. 
Obviously I don’t rate him much, which is irrelevant, but maybe the ultimatum was given to him that when he was given a couple if chances he would have to make himself undroppable or he would render himself unselectable? Several in here have said his performances this season weren’t that bad (not me obviously lol), perhaps they just needed to be much more than that.  

Everything we read, see, hear from Cantwell or Webber is superfluous to the follow through on their actions. It’s modern life, there’s a persona for the external and one for the day to day knuckle down job. There are those that jump on any titbit that comes from a player or a mouthpiece of a club and they’ll use whatever skin they can to paraphrase it to suit the agenda at the time (the 90% quote is a great example). But equally these professionals as the above attest play into the traps of acting to suit. Both Todd and Webber recently the villains of the piece. Again, going back round to my point, it’s modern life and personal promotion. Almost like a Xmas panto. It makes me laugh that it generates such fervour in our fan base given how little it actually means in the grander scheme. I wish Cantwell… er well and Webber the benefit of the doubt to get the club back to it senses. I could not give a **** how any of this done so long as it’s done and we’re actually competing again in the PL and not flapping about like we have done since the Hughton’s 2nd season in charge. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Everything we read, see, hear from Cantwell or Webber is superfluous to the follow through on their actions. It’s modern life, there’s a persona for the external and one for the day to day knuckle down job. There are those that jump on any titbit that comes from a player or a mouthpiece of a club and they’ll use whatever skin they can to paraphrase it to suit the agenda at the time (the 90% quote is a great example). But equally these professionals as the above attest play into the traps of acting to suit. Both Todd and Webber recently the villains of the piece. Again, going back round to my point, it’s modern life and personal promotion. Almost like a Xmas panto. It makes me laugh that it generates such fervour in our fan base given how little it actually means in the grander scheme. I wish Cantwell… er well and Webber the benefit of the doubt to get the club back to it senses. I could not give a **** how any of this done so long as it’s done and we’re actually competing again in the PL and not flapping about like we have done since the Hughton’s 2nd season in charge. 

How much time does Webber actually spend directly interacting with players anyway? I can't imagine its very much; that's what the head coach is for.

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Looks like a 12 year old wearing his dads clothes.Seriously though will be interesting seeing how he does

The fans forum after the game seemed to like his enthusiasm and they thought he brought something to their game. Obviously needs to get fitter.

I wonder if he negotiated a higher salary?

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If those are the highlights…

Nuff said

The highlights generally of the game are very choppy and badly edited. Overall,  the Rangers fans were happy with his first game.