Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Gilmour or Cantwell

Which player would you welcome back in the squad to help the promotion push? It’s a tricky one isn’t it. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Which player would welcome back in the squad to help the promotion push? It’s a tricky one isn’t it. 

Drmic.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Top scorer this season for Twente.  7 goals. Tzolis back playing 1 goal. 4th in the league.

6 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Top scorer this season for Twente.  7 goals. Tzolis back playing 1 goal. 4th in the league.

Ajax 5th !! 

22 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Snodgrass

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Cantwell put in a few decent performances for us this season which is more than can be said about Gilmour last. 

or Cantwell last. 

Genuinely, Gilmour.  Had he been our own player he would not have played as often last season, and possibly been given opportunities which would have helped him develop and prove himself, whilst protecting his confidence.  I also got the feeling he has a reasonably positive attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yep.

I've posted the numbers and figures confirming that Gilmour did better than senior players (McLean and Normann), but people are having none of it.

If Norwich owned Gilmour he would/ve been given more of a change to grow by the fans and they would've given him more backing.

He's far better than Kenny McLean, and yet the way that people talk it's like Gilmour is a pub player.

Respectfully disagree. McLean has physical attributes to compete, Gilmour has the physical attributes of a 12 year old (like Cantwell). Don't get me wrong, neither McLean nor Gilmour are good enough for the Premier League, but at least McLean lets the opposition know he's there by putting himself about.

In the Championship, I'd definitely have Gilmour, as we will be on the front foot more and his ability with the ball could be useful but he isn't up to the Premier League (and I doubt he ever will be).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Yep.

I've posted the numbers and figures confirming that Gilmour did better than senior players (McLean and Normann), but people are having none of it.

If Norwich owned Gilmour he would/ve been given more of a change to grow by the fans and they would've given him more backing.

He's far better than Kenny McLean, and yet the way that people talk it's like Gilmour is a pub player.

And I've repeatedly reminded you that they don't keep statistics for 'couldn't be bothered to track your man' and 'gently jogging back while the opposition score'. Playing for Norwich in the Premier League means you will be out of possession the majority of the time. It's no good having great passing stats if you are so defensively deficient that your team is essentially playing with 10 men when they don't have the ball; especially when you're ostensibly playing as a defensive midfielder.

Norwich fans didn't like Gilmour because we lost whenever he played. He was awful in every way that counted towards our actual results.

• Like 2

Just now, TheDarkKnight said:

You have? I don't recall.

Who did you have that could do the hard graft? That's the pertinent question.

Look at Manchester United. Since they've brought in Casemiro, all of a sudden it's lifted the burden from Bruno and Eriksen and they've went from a team hoping to break into the top 6 to a genuine title contender.

Fine. Gilmour isn't a player who will cover each blade of grass. No one said that he was.

Norwich usually lost when Norwich played.

Therein lies the problem. Everyone needs to do the hard graft. Gilmour was a passenger with zero investment in the results. Norwich can't afford a player good enough to hold the entire midfield together on their own. 

Remind me: how has your wee lad got on since his move to Brighton?

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Cantwell put in a few decent performances for us this season which is more than can be said about Gilmour last. 

I think its fairer to compare games at the same level really, considering the gulf in quality, and sorry but Cantwell was worse than Gilmour last season.

Gilmour in the Championship remains to be seen. Personally think he's one of the most over rated British youngsters in modern history and he'll end up in the SPL or League One, but then I would have probably have said that about Harry Kane.

ABG

Anyone But Gilmour

one of the genuinely most overrated and useless footballers to play the game

He’ll be retired by 24 and shooting up in a Glasgow Wetherspoons toilet

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Haha 1