Google Bot

Old Fantasy Football League (Baddiel/Skinner)

. I am all for an eye roll at people getting butt hurt about cultural appropriation etc but Golliwogs, possibly nothing more racist going on than those things. Better off consigned to a historical embarrassment. Cant say anything to make those OK.

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

. I am all for an eye roll at people getting butt hurt about cultural appropriation etc but Golliwogs, possibly nothing more racist going on than those things. Better off consigned to a historical embarrassment. Cant say anything to make those OK.

Well there you go Nexus   your probably correct in this assumption.  👏  But now it would seem to me that there can be very little humour left in the world . Yes I am of the older generation. I've also watched and seen and witnessed pensioners getting their pensions ripped off , money men and women completely  ruining hard working peoples lives and getting away with it. Then we have people telling it's to respect certain ranks and professionals.  Life needs a good hard look at its self and get back to some basics. Working for a living not bullshiþþing your way through life. Get a degree and the world's your oyster. Ha ha. There is a degree in anything you want these days . Worthless. 

Switch the Internet off for a week world wide and my god . Imagine.!!!!!! People could not function. Yes I don't like using it but snowflakes comes to mind.

Now I'm watching the brazil supercopa. My team Flamengo v Palmerias.  

Penalty for Mengo 24 mins. 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷 🇧🇷. Gabi gol .. gooooooooooalll

1-0.

57 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Soccer AM was good in the early days, utter sh*te now though.

Unwatchable.

"They Think It's All Over" was also an excellent sports quiz show.

Intent is the main factor determining whether it was acceptable. There was no intent to make Jason Lee feel as he did, but as soon as that became apparent then the withdrawal should’ve been immediate and a quick nod of apology and a conversation with him in person arranged. Things have moved forward, at the time the issue of mental health impact was barely talked about so wouldn’t happen now without quite quick backlash setting things right. 
The initial joke was something I laughed at, I know better in hindsight. Baddiel took too long but did eventually make the right choice, and has to accept he can’t undo the damage done in the interim. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Unwatchable.

"They Think It's All Over" was also an excellent sports quiz show.

4 minutes 30 for the best joke ever on that show. 

• Haha 1

Speaking of Phoenix From The Flames, I always thought this was funny, but I do like travelling to the Faroes.

19 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Talking of "They think it's all over".

There are similarities between Baddiel and Skinner targeting Jason Lee and Nick Hancock going after Nick Chadwick.

Hancock and the show going after Chadwick was a weekly thing. And for what reason? His appearance.

I'd say the making fun of Jason Lee was more justified. Yes, the song was about his hair, but the majority of the mockery was because he was a bad finisher.

Regardless, i was never a fan of that show. I'm not a fan of scripted celebrity panel shows.

Nick Hancock said a few years ago how much he regretted his comments towards Chadwick. It’s good times have moved on. The good aspects of the show can be celebrated but I’d never accept an argument saying comedy has been ruined by the wokerati. Plenty of funny shows and people out there that have no hint of Jim Davidson in sight. Thank **** 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Well there you go Nexus   your probably correct in this assumption.  👏  But now it would seem to me that there can be very little humour left in the world . Yes I am of the older generation. I've also watched and seen and witnessed pensioners getting their pensions ripped off , money men and women completely  ruining hard working peoples lives and getting away with it. Then we have people telling it's to respect certain ranks and professionals.  Life needs a good hard look at its self and get back to some basics. Working for a living not bullshiþþing your way through life. Get a degree and the world's your oyster. Ha ha. There is a degree in anything you want these days . Worthless. 

Switch the Internet off for a week world wide and my god . Imagine.!!!!!! People could not function. Yes I don't like using it but snowflakes comes to mind.

Now I'm watching the brazil supercopa. My team Flamengo v Palmerias.  

Penalty for Mengo 24 mins. 🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷. Gabi gol .. gooooooooooalll

1-0.

What a match! Seven thriller and still time for more goals. 

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What a match! Seven thriller and still time for more goals. 

Shìt lost 4-3. I'm getting drunk now.😡makes me laugh when you read on here how players need to get up to speed with the super English game. That was frantic 100mph stuff.good watch . Not a good result though.