Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

OSP Meeting Last Night.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nail on the head  there Wolfo , seems to me that after every meeting there's peeps ( you know who you are) sniping away about it. Bit sad really , but unfortunately  that's how it goes with committees ....there's always someone , not to busy to be telling you what you should be doing , but faaaaar faaaaar too busy to do anything about it themselves.  

We dont all have staff Corkio - some of us have to shoot out own game! 

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

We dont all have staff Corkio - some of us have to shoot out own game! 

I shoot and eat my own game, occasionally the odd sloth footed beater too.  !! What i dont do is pluck , draw and cook the damned stuff.....that is what you have staff for. Shootings the fun bit, a bit like criticising a process  by volunteers who  are doing their best and have no control over publishing dates etc. But fill yer boots G, its a great look. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe they will be quicker now they are going to be reduced in size.

Thanks for sharing Wolfie. 

Here's hoping...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I shoot and eat my own game, occasionally the odd sloth footed beater too.  !! What i dont do is pluck , draw and cook the damned stuff.....that is what you have staff for. Shootings the fun bit, a bit like criticising volounteers who  are doing their best and have no control over publishing dates etc. But fill yer boots G, its a great look. 

Never criticised the volunteers - quite the opposite. 

Criticise the process -ill admit to that one with no apology.  

Just now, Greavsy said:

Never criticised the volunteers - quite the opposite. 

Criticise the process -ill admit to that one with no apology.  

Hmm, but why hassle them over the process? Just seems a bit pointless to me.....anyone with any life experience knows that these  things are unwieldy  and slow. The only solution is to get involved G .... then see if it feels like criticism.

So as not to offend the other  'hurlers on the ditch' , ill amend my post as they obviously care deeply about being able to snipe without being pointed out as such.😇

As you have pointed out the delay is with the club and not the volunteers so my personal involvement which I wouldnt wish on anyone 😉  would make no difference to the speedy delivery or otherwise of said minutes.  

I hope the chef provides you a nice piece of venison, for dinner and the port is free flowing in the drawing room after!

Enjoy, and a pleasant weekend to you & yours! 😉 

55 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nail on the head  there Wolfo , seems to me that after every meeting there's peeps ( you know who you are) sniping away about it. Bit sad really , but unfortunately  that's how it goes with committees ....there's always someone , not to busy to be telling you what you should be doing , but faaaaar faaaaar too busy to do anything about it themselves.  

Well i for one have probably sat on more committees than you could shake a stick at so count me out from your sniping accusation.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe they will be quicker now they are going to be reduced in size.

Thanks for sharing Wolfie. 

So it would seem that, rather like the Club's AGM report that was simply a list of subjects discussed rather than detail of what actually took place, the OSP minutes will follow the same format.

At least with that low bar of accountability there is no point being concerned with timeliness of publication.

47 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So it would seem that, rather like the Club's AGM report that was simply a list of subjects discussed rather than detail of what actually took place, the OSP minutes will follow the same format.

At least with that low bar of accountability there is no point being concerned with timeliness of publication.

Quite.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well i for one have probably sat on more committees than you could shake a stick at so count me out from your sniping accusations. 

I fear you may be a little paranoid Tillo me old China , your offering to stand immediately  removes you from the sniping group.  But if the Cap ( or Helmet for that matter ) fits, wear it , preferably with pride and at a jaunty angle .

Funny what happens when you rattle a cage.  

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I fear you may be a little paranoid Tillo me old China , your offering to stand immediately  removes you from the sniping group.  But if the Cap ( or Helmet for that matter ) fits, wear it , preferably with pride and at a jaunty angle .

Funny what happens when you rattle a cage.  

Maybe in hindsight i should have joined that quite significant band of posters who do not respond to your offerings on this forum.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe in hindsight i should have joined that quite significant band of posters who do not respond to your offerings on this forum.

Maybe so. Its a free world chap.  Tbh i think you enjoy a little to and fro.  

As far as im aware , its only your ' good laugh in real life'  mate Waveney who consistently  ignores me, but thats because i totally owned him a year or two back and he cant handle it. 

If you know of a list of posters that  ignore my offerings then i suggest your interest in me is a little unhealthy. Some time occupied on a committee  might be just what the doctor ordered. 😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜
  • Sad 1