Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

OSP Meeting Last Night.

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously I hope you do still engage, just not on osp matters, as it's what makes the forum work. 

Quite happy to disagree on matters, but if you found me aggressive (even passively) that wasn't my intention. 

I'll definitely remain on the forum, I genuinely enjoy posting on here for the most part. It has been bloody hard trying to balance my passion as a fan and my natural tendency to speak my mind with the responsibilities of being on the OSP, though!

• Like 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'll definitely remain on the forum, I genuinely enjoy posting on here for the most part. It has been bloody hard trying to balance my passion as a fan and my natural tendency to speak my mind with the responsibilities of being on the OSP, though!

With great power comes responsibility...... 

Always speak your mind Wolfie. You have to be true to yourself. #respect 

Just now, Greavsy said:

With great power comes responsibility...... 

Always speak your mind Wolfie. You have to be true to yourself. #respect 

If I always spoke my mind, I'd probably have been booted off the panel long ago! 😉

As @ncfcstar alluded to earlier, the panel overall certainly hasn't been all that the members had hoped it would be, either – but there have been a lot of changes (Caroline Ellis and Lynette Hannant both had primary responsibility for the OSP and then left the club shortly afterwards).

There was always going to be an element of 'guinea pigging' about our tenure as the first panel, but there's been an awful lot of uncertainty. Obviously there's also the lingering concern of what would happen to the panel (and fan engagement in general) in the case of a full takeover by the Attanasios, but for now all we can do is try to leave it in the best possible place to be more effective in future.

Certainly the fact that half the panel will be remaining for another year should help to that end.

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If I always spoke my mind, I'd probably have been booted off the panel long ago! 😉

As @ncfcstar alluded to earlier, the panel overall certainly hasn't been all that the members had hoped it would be, either – but there have been a lot of changes (Caroline Ellis and Lynette Hannant both had primary responsibility for the OSP and then left the club shortly afterwards).

There was always going to be an element of 'guinea pigging' about our tenure as the first panel, but there's been an awful lot of uncertainty. Obviously there's also the lingering concern of what would happen to the panel (and fan engagement in general) in the case of a full takeover by the Attanasios, but for now all we can do is try to leave it in the best possible place to be more effective in future.

Certainly the fact that half the panel will be remaining for another year should help to that end.

Do you know the process for the 50% to remain for the additional 12 months. 

I accept some people will want to roll off, you have already indicated you will, but if there is more than 50% wishing to stay will there be another vote? Maybe internally with osp, given people roles and responsibilities. 

I hope the "head of taps" remains to see their project to fruition. 

48 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Do you know the process for the 50% to remain for the additional 12 months. 

I accept some people will want to roll off, you have already indicated you will, but if there is more than 50% wishing to stay will there be another vote? Maybe internally with osp, given people roles and responsibilities. 

I hope the "head of taps" remains to see their project to fruition. 

The 'Head of Taps' is me, I brought it up in a meeting as a passing comment once because the Head of Ground Ops was in the meeting.  I thought it was a valid point at the time especially as we were just returning from Covid.

It's never been a big deal for me as a point, but I've used it as a measuring stick to see if even small things we mention actually get acted upon.  It's a running joke that it's brought up in a meeting now, it's not a hill I'm going to die on. 

You have your own opinion on the value of the OSP, and perhaps my insistence on bringing up the tap situation goes some way to show you mine too.

6 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

The 'Head of Taps' is me, I brought it up in a meeting as a passing comment once because the Head of Ground Ops was in the meeting.  I thought it was a valid point at the time especially as we were just returning from Covid.

It's never been a big deal for me as a point, but I've used it as a measuring stick to see if even small things we mention actually get acted upon.  It's a running joke that it's brought up in a meeting now, it's not a hill I'm going to die on. 

You have your own opinion on the value of the OSP, and perhaps my insistence on bringing up the tap situation goes some way to show you mine too.

Thanks for clarifying. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

As ever, you're entitled to your opinions... I just won't miss feeling the need to reply to them!

Could've just finished the sentence after the first four words really

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Well done on that one regardless of whether I get an assist. It seems so hard to get the club to listen at times.

Their response to the EDP when the floodlight issue was brought up was there had been a small number of complaints as though the number wasn't large enough to require action.

It seems to be a culture of play your cards as close to your chest as possible rather than a complaint is one too many and let's be proactive, informative and iterative in engaging with our community.

Just now, essex canary said:

Well done on that one regardless of whether I get an assist. It seems so hard to get the club to listen at times.

Their response to the EDP when the floodlight issue was brought up was there had been a small number of complaints as though the number wasn't large enough to require action.

It seems to be a culture of play your cards as close to your chest as possible rather than a complaint is one too many and let's be proactive, informative and iterative in engaging with our community.

Happy to get an assist wherever I can, makes life easier!

The feedback on the floodlights seems to be the same as we've received from the club, I agree it doesn't seem as bright now but maybe we're just getting used to it.

I have Vera's old welding hood from WW2. It's a General Electric with four  vents at the top and a flip front and made of vulcanized fiber. : r/Welding

Delia and Michael suitably attired to watch Norwich City play an evening game at Carrow Road under the               floodlights...

Edited by Mello Yello

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Discussed or told what was happening with the price freeze? You seem also to have missed the point I was making. Totally accept the club would want to announce things like that. That's fair and expected. 

So you represent the fans, you know the ones who voted you on, but can't discuss issues with said fans. Erm ok.

I don't expect you to see that either. 

So, to be clear, you feel that any fan who is on the OSP should disregard the club's request for confidentiality on certain issues?

27 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

So, to be clear, you feel that any fan who is on the OSP should disregard the club's request for confidentiality on certain issues?

Did I say that? 

My last part of my first paragraph in the post you have quoted quite literally says the opposite of your suggestion. 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Did I say that? 

My last part of my first paragraph in the post you have quoted quite literally says the opposite of your suggestion. 

Yes, you did. I'll helpfully highlight the relevant words.

"So you represent the fans, you know the ones who voted you on, but can't discuss issues with said fans."

9 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Yes, you did. I'll helpfully highlight the relevant words.

"So you represent the fans, you know the ones who voted you on, but can't discuss issues with said fans."

Very clever. 

Yep quite clearly says breaching confidentiality, and discussing every matter raised. 

Yep, you're right. 

12 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Be nice if the Ticket Office at Carra went back to how it was....

Don't  understand the enthusiasm for having a Ticket Office open 9-5 Monday to Friday in a location that is out on a limb? 

A facilty in the City Centre that meets the same standards and service levels as before would be a good idea.

13 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The way it works at present means that nothing at all can be discussed until the club publishes the minutes on the website by any OSP fan representatives.

45 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Don't  understand the enthusiasm for having a Ticket Office open 9-5 Monday to Friday in a location that is out on a limb? 

A facilty in the City Centre that meets the same standards and service levels as before would be a good idea.

They didn't just flog tickets in the ticket office....The majority of staff within were also gainfully employed doing other work concerning and with reference to the club's business....I personally find it nice to interact visually and verbally to a person, rather than doing robotic stuff on a pooter or tellingbone....But hey, that's just me.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

They didn't just flog tickets in the ticket office....The majority of staff within were also gainfully employed doing other work concerning and with reference to the club's business....I personally find it nice to interact visually and verbally to a person, rather than doing robotic stuff on a pooter or tellingbone....But hey, that's just me.... 

Fair point. One thing they could be doing is transferring the shareholder records to the (supposedly) one reference point login system.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The way it works at present means that nothing at all can be discussed until the club publishes the minutes on the website by any OSP fan representatives.

That's not true, Tilly. We've already discussed our input into the season ticket pricing discussion, even though the minutes still haven't been published. Nobody at the club has told me/us not to discuss things until the minutes are published, I've just decided that it makes sense to avoid Chinese whispers. I answered on the season ticket discussion because I was asked a direct question about it.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's not true, Tilly. We've already discussed our input into the season ticket pricing discussion, even though the minutes still haven't been published. Nobody at the club has told me/us not to discuss things until the minutes are published, I've just decided that it makes sense to avoid Chinese whispers. I answered on the season ticket discussion because I was asked a direct question about it.

And the taps.... Don't forget the taps..... 

Just now, Greavsy said:

And the taps.... Don't forget the taps..... 

The taps are now a permanent part of my consciousness, thanks to @ncfcstar. I can hear them trickling in my sleep...

The taps are now a permanent part of my consciousness, thanks to @ncfcstar. I can hear them trickling in my sleep...

I have similar, but put that down to  my age. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Oh no one's interested, just wanted something new to moan about 😉

My thoughts entirely!! 

@Feedthewolf Is there an expected ( Xmt?) turnaround time for publishing the minutes  or is it  just a case of  it never being quick enough for some people?

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

My thoughts entirely!! 

@Feedthewolf Is there an expected ( Xmt?) turnaround time for publishing the minutes  or is it  just a case of  it never being quick enough for some people?

As a panel we have queried why it takes so long for them to be published, I really don't see why it should take more than a week personally. But in the grand scheme of things I feel it's a relatively minor concern.

As a panel we have queried why it takes so long for them to be published, I really don't see why it should take more than a week personally. But in the grand scheme of things I feel it's a relatively minor concern.

Nail on the head  there Wolfo , seems to me that after every meeting there's peeps ( you know who you are) sniping away about it. Bit sad really , but unfortunately  that's how it goes with committees ....there's always someone , not to busy to be telling you what you should be doing , but faaaaar faaaaar too busy to do anything about it themselves.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Maybe they will be quicker now they are going to be reduced in size.

Thanks for sharing Wolfie. 

• Like 1