Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

OSP Meeting Last Night.

10 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Have you thought of offering your services as a proof reader? These matters are not trivial and if there was any proper corporate governance these would surely be ironed out.

Just checking though, was the VP position “for life” and if so, who should it now be assumed by? 

Happy to agree with your first paragraph and turning the clock back 20 years when the Club's wage bill was far more modest than it is now, I think the volunteering to which you refer was very much the spirit. But then you need goodwill for that which can't be achieved by expecting 1,000 shares on circulation for free because of a tragic event that is essentially nothing to do with the Club amongst other things which demonstrate a similar attitude.

By way of another example when I sought further clarification recently upon whether complementary away memberships could be claimed by shareholders, the answer received from a member of the senior management team was that 8 such memberships had been issued in error (easy to see why having regard to the clause in the Articles of Association) and that the Club would now reclaim them from the relevant supporters. I wouldn't have thought the latter were delighted. Probably neither the more junior staff who were doubtless tasked with following it up. Neither was I too delighted at providing free audit services and not being suitably thanked albeit I think the staff who issued them in the first place were correct according to the AA's.

43 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

As far as I'm aware we are just waiting on the club to publish them.

Well yes, that's a given. 

Any idea when that will be? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Is it?  As you should be aware it also has to be approved by all the members of the panel.  I know there have been some holiday absences at the club, so that is delaying things.  No I do not know the date they will be published.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Any  idea when its supposed to be Greavsyo? Asking for  friend 😇👍👌

2 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

Is it?  As you should be aware it also has to be approved by all the members of the panel.  I know there have been some holiday absences at the club, so that is delaying things.  No I do not know the date they will be published.

Of course, they are going to be  on their website. Who else would do it? 

Just waiting for another box to be ticked. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Any  idea when its supposed to be Greavsyo? Asking for  friend 😇👍👌

No idea Corkio, but a week to sign off minutes is excessive in my view really. 

Minutes shouldn't provoke further discussion amongst those at the meeting when being signed off. 

I appreciate some things discussed are confidential and can't be minuted. 

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Of course, they are going to be  on their website. Who else would do it? 

Just waiting for another box to be ticked. 

Yes I know you love to belittle the OSP, well done another tick in your box too 👍

I was making you aware that we're still waiting for the club to publish them as we've signed them off; you are the one who asked for an update.

• Like 5

Yes I know you love to belittle the OSP, well done another tick in your box too 👍

I was making you aware that we're still waiting for the club to publish them as we've signed them off; you are the one who asked for an update.

I don't belittle them, they seem to do that well enough on their own! Club  Puppets. 

Apologies for not being aware of the process, involving a panel I am not on. 

Oh and thanks for confirming the OSP have signed them off, reading back that was implied but not explicit in your earlier reply. 

Amazes me how everyone standing for osp membership was garnering support from the pink un posters when they needed votes, but when something remotely challenging is said they turn and snap back.

Im sure that will change when the re-election is due...... 

Anyways, thanks for the replies ncfcstar, it is appreciated, and I look forward to reading them in due course. 

👍 

Maybe that's a reflection on the attitude posters on this forum have had towards us since our election.  As you well know our hands are tied - one thing I can reveal is that the South Stand taps are finally being replaced (subject to sign off) in the summer, exciting eh.

Just now, ncfcstar said:

Maybe that's a reflection on the attitude posters on this forum have had towards us since our election.  As you well know our hands are tied - one thing I can reveal is that the South Stand taps are finally being replaced (subject to sign off) in the summer, exciting eh.

Maybe, or maybe it's a reaction to the attitude of the posters who have been elected, and are now "itk" on such matters as taps in the south stand. I was going to mention those in my previous reply, but didn't want to belittle the OSP, but as I said you do that yourselves. Point proven. 

Can you reveal if the season ticket price freeze was discussed at osp, as I remember last year the proposed increase was. Or do they only liaise on 'bad news items" so they can say we have consulted with the fans........

Maybe, or maybe it's a reaction to the attitude of the posters who have been elected, and are now "itk" on such matters as taps in the south stand. I was going to mention those in my previous reply, but didn't want to belittle the OSP, but as I said you do that yourselves. Point proven. 

Can you reveal if the season ticket price freeze was discussed at osp, as I remember last year the proposed increase was. Or do they only liaise on 'bad news items" so they can say we have consulted with the fans........

I feel you suffer from the inability to read more into comments other than the text that is before your eyes.  My comment about the taps was clearly in jest as emphasised by the 'exciting, eh!' sign off.

Yes the price freeze was discussed, and we were told that we could not reveal that prior to the club publishing it themselves.

I don't care for being 'ITK', I want to help the club, but that means there are aspects we can't discuss no matter how much we'd like to talk to everyone about it.

• Like 1

I feel you suffer from the inability to read more into comments other than the text that is before your eyes.  My comment about the taps was clearly in jest as emphasised by the 'exciting, eh!' sign off.

Yes the price freeze was discussed, and we were told that we could not reveal that prior to the club publishing it themselves.

I don't care for being 'ITK', I want to help the club, but that means there are aspects we can't discuss no matter how much we'd like to talk to everyone about it.

Discussed or told what was happening with the price freeze? You seem also to have missed the point I was making. Totally accept the club would want to announce things like that. That's fair and expected. 

So you represent the fans, you know the ones who voted you on, but can't discuss issues with said fans. Erm ok.

I don't expect you to see that either. 

12 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I am going to claim at least an assist on the South Stand taps. At least when I copied my EDP letter to Zoe Webber which had mentioned that this issue hadn't been resolved properly in three and a half years in addition to referencing the floodlights, it provoked a reaction. Both seem to have taken a significant turn for the better at recent matches.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Discussed or told what was happening with the price freeze? You seem also to have missed the point I was making. Totally accept the club would want to announce things like that. That's fair and expected. 

So you represent the fans, you know the ones who voted you on, but can't discuss issues with said fans. Erm ok.

I don't expect you to see that either. 

I haven't said we can't discuss issues with fans, I said there are aspects of our meetings which can't be discussed.  You're making up your own conclusions so suit your narrative.

Do I think the OSP has worked particularly well over the past two years, no.  Do I agree it's a bit of a box ticking exercise, yes.  That doesn't mean things can't be improved and future panel members are able to feel that they are making a bigger impact.  It also doesn't mean we can't discuss issues now and raise them with the club, but as you are well aware the OSP isn't a forum for minor issues that can be resolved between individuals and the club.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am going to claim at least an assist on the South Stand taps. At least when I copied my EDP letter to Zoe Webber which had mentioned that this issue hadn't been resolved properly in three and a half years in addition to referencing the floodlights, it provoked a reaction. Both seem to have taken a significant turn for the better at recent matches.

But the fan representing OSP are there for those issues Essex.... 

The present day Roger Cook types...... ☺ 

Do I think the OSP has worked particularly well over the past two years, no.  Do I agree it's a bit of a box ticking exercise, yes.  That doesn't mean things can't be improved and future panel members are able to feel that they are making a bigger impact

I'd agree to all that. 

I was on the first meeting where the OSP was floated and i was engaged with that idea. I'm sorry to say that the OSP we have got atm, for whatever reason, isn't the one that was expected. 

So, forgive my perceived negativity, I just expected them to hold the club to account more, and not, in my personal view be nodding donkeys. 

That said, my gripes are nothing person against the individuals, who give up their time freely. That is to be commended. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But the fan representing OSP are there for those issues Essex.... 

The present day Roger Cook types...... ☺ 

Fan representation at NCFC has for some strange reason been very, very difficult over a number of years. Where is the boundary between the OSP and the Canaries Trust for example?

I absolutely agree with you that it is preposterous that Minutes can't be turned round quicker. These issues lie with the Club rather than the volunteers. The Club should reflect on the fact that if they can't step up their fan communication both in terms of detail and timeliness, fans may behave as I did on that occasion. There are other examples such as the Ticket Office exchange printed in the recent book 'The Real Ale Canary."

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'd agree to all that. 

I was on the first meeting where the OSP was floated and i was engaged with that idea. I'm sorry to say that the OSP we have got atm, for whatever reason, isn't the one that was expected. 

So, forgive my perceived negativity, I just expected them to hold the club to account more, and not, in my personal view be nodding donkeys. 

That said, my gripes are nothing person against the individuals, who give up their time freely. That is to be commended. 

Doesn't come across that way, at all.

You're clearly unhappy with the current set up so please join TIL in volunteering yourself when you can, I am sure you will both tie the club up in knots with your concerns!

• Like 5

What is clear is that it’s just a talking shop with little of substance being sorted 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Doesn't come across that way, at all.

You're clearly unhappy with the current set up so please join TIL in volunteering yourself when you can, I am sure you will both tie the club up in knots with your concerns!

As I've posted I'm not happy with the OSP as it isn't what was promised / suggested at that first meeting for setting it up. 

However the person instrumental initially, Lynette Hannent I beleive has since left. 

My comments are directed at the posters as members of the OSP, and not personal in any way..

Just to tie up a point regarding the season ticket price freeze – Sam Hall said that the club's internal discussions had led them to the position that they believed a price freeze was their preferred option. Sam asked us what our thoughts were on that course of action, and we unanimously agreed we thought that was the best solution given the current cost-of-living crisis and relatively small financial gain for the club if an increase were implemented.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Just to tie up a point regarding the season ticket price freeze – Sam Hall said that the club's internal discussions had led them to the position that they believed a price freeze was their preferred option. Sam asked us what our thoughts were on that course of action, and we unanimously agreed we thought that was the best solution given the current cost-of-living crisis and relatively small financial gain for the club if an increase were implemented.

Cheers Wolfie. 

So box ticking, which I accept is easier on matters like that. 

I'd be surprised if anyone challenged that approach from the club. 

Cheers Wolfie. 

So box ticking, which I accept is easier on matters like that. 

I'd be surprised if anyone challenged that approach from the club. 

No, not 'box ticking'. A discussion between the club and the panel on an as-yet-undecided policy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

No, not 'box ticking'. A discussion between the club and the panel on an as-yet-undecided policy.

The decision was an easy one & made before the meeting took place, which just rubber stamped it. Correct decision too although I admit I was expecting a small increase. 

C'mon Wolfie, smell the coffee. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

The decision was an easy one & made before the meeting took place, which just rubber stamped it. Correct decision too although I admit I was expecting a small increase. 

C'mon Wolfie, smell the coffee. 

Once my two years on the panel is over come the summer, I'm really not going to miss feeling compelled to defend myself/the panel against your tiresome pass-ag bullsh*t.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Once my two years on the panel is over come the summer, I'm really not going to miss feeling compelled to defend myself/the panel against your tiresome pass-ag bullsh*t.

Hasn't that got 2 g's?? 

You don't have to defend yourself Wolfie. It's nothing personal, as I've said before. 

I defend my right to criticize the OSP, as a fan of the club, and it isn't the representative body that was advertised / sold initially. 

I also respect your right to defend them. 

Hasn't that got 2 g's?? 

You don't have to defend yourself Wolfie. It's nothing personal, as I've said before. 

I defend my right to criticize the OSP, as a fan of the club, and it isn't the representative body that was advertised / sold initially. 

I also respect your right to defend them. 

One g or two... either way it's an accurate abbreviation of the word 'aggressive' 🙂

As ever, you're entitled to your opinions... I just won't miss feeling the need to reply to them!

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One g or two... either way it's an accurate abbreviation of the word 'aggressive' 🙂

As ever, you're entitled to your opinions... I just won't miss feeling the need to reply to them!

Seriously I hope you do still engage, just not on osp matters, as it's what makes the forum work. 

Quite happy to disagree on matters, but if you found me aggressive (even passively) that wasn't my intention.