Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

OSP Meeting Last Night.

Recommended Posts

Any non confidential matters you can outline on here @Feedthewolf or do we have to wait a couple of weeks for the club constructed minutes ?

Can you confirm season tickets to remain the same ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Any non confidential matters you can outline on here @Feedthewolf or do we have to wait a couple of weeks for the club constructed minutes ?

Can you confirm season tickets to remain the same ?

As ever, the minutes will be published on the website once they've been agreed by the club and the panel. Wouldn't want to jump the gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Feedthewolf said:

As ever, the minutes will be published on the website once they've been agreed by the club and the panel. Wouldn't want to jump the gun.

As ever, it is difficult enough to find the minutes on the website and even more difficult to ascertain when the meetings are due to take place.

May i suggest a date of next meeting is placed at the end of the minutes just on the off chance anybody wishes to make contact with a matter that they may want raised together with a contact name and e-mail address.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a South Stand customer I am thinking there could be good news in that the floodlight situation appears to have taken a turn for the better recently as does the consistency of the hot water supply. 

Communication still a little bit on the weak side however. The index page to the Watford programme still lists a deceased Vice President plus 2 redundant phone numbers whilst page 16 lists an event as taking place every Thursday that then didn't take place for at least the first 2 Thurdays.

The turn round time really ought to be quicker than 2 weeks and what is genuinely confidential for a Club with nearly 7,000 shareholders? How can supporters input when we don't know that the event is taking place albeit that some people appear to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

How can supporters input when we don't know that the event is taking place albeit that some people appear to know.

I found out purely by chance essex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As ever, the minutes will be published on the website once they've been agreed by the club and the panel. Wouldn't want to jump the gun.

Will they have to be approved by the Illuminati Lizard rulers of the club first? 🤪🤣

Apples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

As ever, it is difficult enough to find the minutes on the website and even more difficult to ascertain when the meetings are due to take place.

May i suggest a date of next meeting is placed at the end of the minutes just on the off chance anybody wishes to make contact with a matter that they may want raised together with a contact name and e-mail address.

 

They haven't moved on the site since the first meeting in 2021. If it's important to you, you can always bookmark the page.

The meetings will continue to be quarterly, in January, April, July and October. However, the timings of the meetings shouldn't dissuade you (or anyone!) from raising any issues that you want to raise. Anyone's welcome to tag me on here, or DM me, with anything that they would like to see discussed.

In general, though, the members of the panel keep their eyes across social media and their ears open to supporters they know, and raise the issues that appear most prevalent among the fanbase at large.

As ever, if your query is specific to you rather than affecting the general fanbase, you can phone or email the club with the details on these pages: https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-liaison and https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/complaint

We deliberately don't plan the meeting dates too far in advance, as things can always change regarding fixtures moving, key staff being unavailable and so on.

Hope that helps!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As ever, the minutes will be published on the website once they've been agreed by the club and the panel. Wouldn't want to jump the gun.

One senses you get a little bit too much pleasure knowing things the rest of the board don’t. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, WD40 said:

One senses you get a little bit too much pleasure knowing things the rest of the board don’t. 

Thanks for the hot take.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

One senses you get a little bit too much pleasure knowing things the rest of the board don’t. 

I dont think any reasonable poster on here thinks that's even vaguely true of @Feedthewolf

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

They haven't moved on the site since the first meeting in 2021. If it's important to you, you can always bookmark the page.

The meetings will continue to be quarterly, in January, April, July and October. However, the timings of the meetings shouldn't dissuade you (or anyone!) from raising any issues that you want to raise. Anyone's welcome to tag me on here, or DM me, with anything that they would like to see discussed.

In general, though, the members of the panel keep their eyes across social media and their ears open to supporters they know, and raise the issues that appear most prevalent among the fanbase at large.

As ever, if your query is specific to you rather than affecting the general fanbase, you can phone or email the club with the details on these pages: https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-liaison and https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/complaint

We deliberately don't plan the meeting dates too far in advance, as things can always change regarding fixtures moving, key staff being unavailable and so on.

Hope that helps!

 

 

This answer is so definitive and helpful that you’d hope, as it directly addresses a query raised (without the clear undercurrent of cynicism the original question tried not to hide much), that they’d post a ‘thank you’ or use the thank you reaction? Nope. 
I’m sure @TIL 1010 is just getting round to it. OR doesn’t really want a helpful answer and just wants to find a way to criticise the OSP? 

Keep up the good work Wolfie and thank you for taking an active role in representing supporters, it’s a lot more than most of us do. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:


I’m sure @TIL 1010 is just getting round to it. OR doesn’t really want a helpful answer and just wants to find a way to criticise the OSP? 

 

Just logged back in so have got round to it. Elections come round again in 3 months for a new panel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Just logged back in so have got round to it. Elections come round again in 3 months for a new panel.

Fair enough, are you running? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s not a barbed comment btw, genuine question and respect for reacting and putting me in my place. I’m happy to climb down when I’ve got it wrong 

edit:sometimes 

Edited by SwearyCanary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All due respect to anyone who is volunteering and the Panel may well have got results on some issues.

Nonetheless if, as was mooted at the AGM and by the Trust, we went back to regular fan roadshows the fans would be able to represent themselves. Isn't that a better solution?

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, essex canary said:

As a South Stand customer I am thinking there could be good news in that the floodlight situation appears to have taken a turn for the better recently as does the consistency of the hot water supply. 

Communication still a little bit on the weak side however. The index page to the Watford programme still lists a deceased Vice President plus 2 redundant phone numbers whilst page 16 lists an event as taking place every Thursday that then didn't take place for at least the first 2 Thurdays.

The turn round time really ought to be quicker than 2 weeks and what is genuinely confidential for a Club with nearly 7,000 shareholders? How can supporters input when we don't know that the event is taking place albeit that some people appear to know.

What’s changed with the floodlights, still dazzling where I sit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just logged back in so have got round to it. Elections come round again in 3 months for a new panel.

It won't be a completely new panel; one of the things we campaigned very strongly for was retirement on rotation. It made no sense to us to have 12 people building relationships and knowledge over two years, then all being cast out at the same time and a completely new panel elected.

Thankfully the club listened to our concerns, and we're now staggering the rotation so that a minimum of six members will step down every year to ensure that there's some level of continuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WD40 said:

One senses you get a little bit too much pleasure knowing things the rest of the board don’t. 

And the Illuminati lizards 

9E16E1F2-C8D9-46B3-879E-09EFEA0B0F74.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Will they have to be approved by the Illuminati Lizard rulers of the club first? 🤪🤣

Apples

I'm perusing them at this very moment. Don't want to jump the gun, but there really are some quite shocking revelations in this set of minutes. Shocking I tell thee! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We’re all champing at the bit to read the minutes, let’s just try and be patient. 

Im gonna binge read all of them at once on my 65th Birthday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Im gonna binge read all of them at once on my 65th Birthday. 

You’re going to wait 35 years? 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is bizarre to me the amount of posters who get so snarky at those on the supporter panel. What is it about this subject that turns people into total and utter Karens? 

Whatever your opinion on how useful or not the communications are, I really don’t think these posters - who have volunteered their own spare time for our benefit - deserve to be talked down to like they have been. It’s not like they’re now in some deep inner circle with the knowledge of the club’s darkest secrets and are totally forbidden from communicating with the fans any more.

NCFC is a pretty big business, football in general is highly emotive and the feelings of the supporters are a particularly sensitive issue, so of course there’s a pretty tight process on how topics are handled internally, with the panel, and then fed back to the rest of the support. Clearly FTW and the others have had zero input in the setting of this process so I can’t understand the need for any volatility to them, or the constant bitchy childish tone. 

And if you don’t think it’s been at all helpful to have the panel that’s totally fine, I’m sure they’d gladly listen to your concerns, but surely it is only the club who would deserve the criticism off the back of your issues, they are the ones who hold all the cards and set the parameters for this - not the volunteers. 

I know it’s been said, but with a fair few posters feeling as strongly as they do about it, I can’t understand why they wouldn’t want to put themselves forward. Why do I assume they probably won’t? 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Im gonna binge read all of them at once on my 65th Birthday. 

Surely you mean you're going to have your staff read them all to you on your 65th birthday.  Delivered in a red dispatch box too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

What’s changed with the floodlights, still dazzling where I sit.

Just a perception that they seem better and less evidence of complaints from others recently too.

I specifically went down to Carrow Road at the advertised Thursday meeting as per the Watford programme with the intention  of getting the lowdown. Sadly in Carrow Road language 'every Thursday' does not mean 'every Thursday' therefore I could be wrong because there has been no way of extracting an answer. Nothing new in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, essex canary said:

As a South Stand customer I am thinking there could be good news in that the floodlight situation appears to have taken a turn for the better recently as does the consistency of the hot water supply. 

Communication still a little bit on the weak side however. The index page to the Watford programme still lists a deceased Vice President plus 2 redundant phone numbers whilst page 16 lists an event as taking place every Thursday that then didn't take place for at least the first 2 Thurdays.

The turn round time really ought to be quicker than 2 weeks and what is genuinely confidential for a Club with nearly 7,000 shareholders? How can supporters input when we don't know that the event is taking place albeit that some people appear to know.

Have you thought of offering your services as a proof reader? These matters are not trivial and if there was any proper corporate governance these would surely be ironed out.

Just checking though, was the VP position “for life” and if so, who should it now be assumed by? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to be pretty backward to think this panel offers anything but the ability of the club to tick the supporter engagement box. Almost as backwards to come on an entirely unaffiliated forum demanding to see the minutes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You've got to be pretty backward to think this panel offers anything but the ability of the club to tick the supporter engagement box. Almost as backwards to come on an entirely unaffiliated forum demanding to see the minutes.

Doubtless it is because the Club would prefer 12 new naive OSP members that the existing members have had to fight to retain 6 members for continuity. Well done to the OSP members on that.

Interesting to note that despite all the Club's criticism of the local press, they are still, based on Wolfie's observations, piggy backing on this facility for free to service the meeting. Likewise for detailed reporting of the AGM. 

No intended criticism of the OSP for any of this though in terms of their theme of communication, whether it is naive or not, just a belief that the old ways of proof reading and attention to detail are the best. Swimming against the tide but the very best organisations would still work to those principles.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where i have read of people ' demanding ' to see the minutes @Terminally Yellow and @SwearyCanary i am giving it serious consideration to stand for election to represent coffin dodgers in the fanbase.( smiley emoji }

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...